Stiegemeier stage 6 first one went out. Results

Brutal Metal

Established Member

THANK YOU very much. I was wanting to hear what you had to say. The TQ plate failure that I did see in one of the threads did have a "rigged" look to it (as far as the material used for the plate), but I have not seen any others like that. I have seen some have the Stage 5 and happy and others say it is a failed design with 100%failure rate. thanks for adding your input that you have seen no failures. that gives peace of mind to a degree. I will be installing the Stage 5+ on the engine I am getting new heads for. Looking forward to the power bump.

Curious as to the Stage 6 and what power it can provide over the 5

You guys have to have compared a Stage 5 versus a 6 on the same car on a dyno by now. If the 6 is a major improvement, I think I would send it in since its not installed yet.

trying to weight the "bang for the buck" in my mind.
oohh if the right members on here see this post there's gonna be a Heated Debate!!:lol:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
The TQ plate adds Torque, I have NOT WITNESSED ANY TQ PLATE FAILURES.

None at all huh? :nono:How about mine that I sent to you broke that you fixed and then it broke again? Its all the past to me but for the members heres sake dont claim its never happened when it has and Ill let it go.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I think they may be parsing words with that statement because we are all aware of the weld failures. However, this thread is not about that so let's keep it on topic. I'd personally like to see more pics of the development process.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
The tack weld came loose not the structural weld itself! The tack weld is there so I can weld the sides.
Stiegemeier

No point in lying about it when all of the evidence has been laid out very well.

DSC_0066-5.jpg

DSC_0063-5.jpg

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Gotta agree with SID on this one.......be great to see more pics and information on the Stage VI process. And the Stage VI's don't even have a torque plate anyway!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I think they may be parsing words with that statement because we are all aware of the weld failures. However, this thread is not about that so let's keep it on topic. I'd personally like to see more pics of the development process.
Sid the Porter said that in HIS statement that he has witnessed ZERO Torque Plate failues when that is FALSE!

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
Ok. so apparently I have stirred up something that has been brewing for a while. did not mean to do so. I merely meant to find out how the Stage 6 compares to the Stage 5 and whether I should just be happy with my Stage 5+.

I realize that the vendor, who has a great track record of providing newfound power from stock components for our cars, has created this thread with the idea of communicating a newer, more effective port. Thank you Stiegemeier. that is a boon for anyone in the market for a port. If I did not already have a Stage 5+, it would be a no brainer for me.

However, I am a bit concerned. i have had great help from Robyn, via PM, who had verified the authenticity of my blower when I was in the purchasing stage (used, bought from a stand up guy on this forum). she helped and was very quick and courteous. there is much to be said for customer service, which it must be said, she did provide.

and yet, I am now more concerned. why would Stiegemeier lie? Saying you have witnessed zero Tq plate failures is by now an obvious lie. Obviously no one can live under the supercharger to actually WITNESS it fail. And if the WELD on the torque plate breaks, no matter if it is the TACK weld or a more serious weld, the fact is the overall structure broke. that is a TQ PLATE failure. It would not have happened if there was no tq plate and therefore, no welding. I have to say, this concerns me greatly. I am not looking to say anything negative. I am simply a guy with a Cobra who wanted more safe power. I purchased a Stage 5 and then all of a sudden I hear about problems. Not only does it bum me out that I may have to take my S/C somewhere to get the plate cut out (and who knows what that will do to the rest of the Eaton), but now I have doubts as to the integrity of the company doing the port work. I have heard mostly good things and some bad (as you will with anyone), but wow. to be caught in a flat out lie on this thread is really bothering me.

Stage 6 sounds great and I am sure it ill be a blessing to those who go that route. glad to know that Stieg. is still innovating. I just wish that the something new didn't make MY something new seems like such a lousy investment. I understand that new and improved happens all the time and I have no problem with that. I just wish I could put the Stage 5 on my engine and not worry that sometime after that, a piece of tq plate weld or the plating itself would destroy my engine, especially since I am just now spending 2400 to replace the heads.

forgive me if this sounds rant-ish, but I would expect a bit more in the form of honesty from a company who has done so much and received so much in return.

it's OK to admit a fault. It's not OK to pretend otherwise, especially when so much is at risk. Especially an engine that can cost 7 grand or ore to replace. I don't have the kind of money.

So I guess I want one question answered. Is it safe or is it not safe to put the Stage 5 on my Cobra?

Again, I did not mean to stir up controversy. but after posting what I did earlier, only to come back and read the following posts that definitely show some falsehood being distributed, I had some questions. and I think they are legitimate.

dynobobstieg

SAFE
We offer with or without the TQ plate however we have had more stage 5 orders than others with NO problems and WE HAVE NOT had one sent back to our shop with any damage to the STRUTRAL WELDING. We offer stage 6 with or with out the TQ plate. We still have the TQ plate on our shop Cobra.

Stiegemeier

Brutal Metal

Established Member
SAFE
We offer with or without the TQ plate however we have had more stage 5 orders than others with NO problems and WE HAVE NOT had one sent back to our shop with any damage to the STRUTRAL WELDING. We offer stage 6 with or with out the TQ plate. We still have the TQ plate on our shop Cobra.

Stiegemeier
A couple months ago you offered to fix all the broken welds that fellow members experienced on the Stage V's free of charge?? That is correct guys right? Why was that offer presented then?:shrug:

dynobobstieg

Yes we did offer that option and we only took a couple off because of un-necessary fear. There welds were still intack. Now back on track please we have already stated you can opt for the TQ plate or not with stage 6.
Thanks
Stiegemeier
636-949-2275
StiegeSplash

Users who are viewing this thread