Stiegemeier stage 6 first one went out. Results

F8l Vnm

Established Member
iam so excited for your stage 9 stege to come out..yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..really why wouldnt anyone go to the POSI guys ?

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I am more than happy with my steggy stg 3... I bought it used so I can comment on their service, but the blower performs well.

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
I have a question about the boost numbers with the stage 6?
As said in the thread the 2.8 upper only made 15lbs.? So if someone wanted to put on a 2lb. lower pulley it would more than likley make 17lbs. of boost? I thought(read) the Eaton wasn't any good for higher boost than 16 maybe 17 without getting lots of blower heat? I would really like some info. on this cause you could throw on a .276/4# and you'd be around 18-19#s and that's KB/Whipple Area. My dad just had the steg 6 installed with no welding with a 2.8/2# lower and he said it makes 17-18#s of boost and i called BS cause if you add the pulley combo up it comes to 15.0-15.3ish(thinking). Would like to know other peoples set ups with similar pulley combo with boost info.

I have .276/4# lower@ 16.5#s boost in 4th gear pull, with a custom look-a-like port which i matched up to my dad when his got in. I just purchased this car so the custom port was before me.

photo-1.jpg

My blower is on top/ dads blower on bottom

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have a question about the boost numbers with the stage 6?
As said in the thread the 2.8 upper only made 15lbs.? So if someone wanted to put on a 2lb. lower pulley it would more than likley make 17lbs. of boost? I thought(read) the Eaton wasn't any good for higher boost than 16 maybe 17 without getting lots of blower heat? I would really like some info. on this cause you could throw on a .276/4# and you'd be around 18-19#s and that's KB/Whipple Area. My dad just had the steg 6 installed with no welding with a 2.8/2# lower and he said it makes 17-18#s of boost and i called BS cause if you add the pulley combo up it comes to 15.0-15.3ish(thinking). Would like to know other peoples set ups with similar pulley combo with boost info.

I have .276/4# lower@ 16.5#s boost in 4th gear pull, with a custom look-a-like port which i matched up to my dad when his got in. I just purchased this car so the custom port was before me.

photo-1.jpg

My blower is on top/ dads blower on bottom

I'm not really sure what you are asking here, but the pics you posted show nothing but the cutouts on the outlet side, which is not where the power is made. The inlet side is what matters. A lot of people copied that cutout on the bottom thinking they would save money, and have it be just like a Steig port.

In reference to those boost numbers they sound about right based on the temp, but there are many factors that go into boost numbers including what intake/filter setup, what exhaust, etc. When I ran the stage 5, I had a 2.93 upper with a 4# lower, and made 17lbs rock solid with no drop-off at all. I think 15lbs is perfectly reasonable/normal range for a 2.8 upper.:??:

dynobobstieg

black 10th Vert- Good information Thanks!.

As for 03 wet snake post- it is confusing to me.
The car we tested put out 15#s boost in 90+ degree heat with 2.8 upper and stock lower (the rest of mods in our post on page 1).

Also, ALL stage 6 ported blowers have welding. We combined stage 3 with our latest porting technique.
I do not understand your question to give you a better answer perhaps you could re phrase it.

Thanks
Stiegemeier

black 10th vert

Established Member
black 10th Vert- Good information Thanks!.

As for 03 wet snake post- it is confusing to me.
The car we tested put out 15#s boost in 90+ degree heat with 2.8 upper and stock lower (the rest of mods in our post on page 1).

Also, ALL stage 6 ported blowers have welding. We combined stage 3 with our latest porting technique.
I do not understand your question to give you a better answer perhaps you could re phrase it.

Thanks
Stiegemeier

Your welcome, and I really did enjoy that scream, and find I miss it with the Whipple.

Glad I wasn't the only one confused by that post!;-)

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
Please tell me how my post was confusing?
1. People say the eaton is only good for 16#s of boost cause of HEAT?
a. add a lower to it and will make 17#s with 2.8/2,lower combo

2. The intake side on mine was bored out with the EGR hump in the elbow removed and with a Accufab TB/Plenum and port matched blower opening. Running a 2.76/4# lower making 16.5#s holding all the way till 6200rpm and falls to 15.5 by 6500rpm. I dont understand how just a 2.8 makes 15#s boost with only 2.8 and both blowers are machined the same. I checked the rotor clearance between case and rotor and is the same as the steg 6. My blower has RON WILLS name on it(on the inside) which was the port from the previous owner. Birmingham,AL somewhere. :shrug:

3. My dads blower that he just got from STEG (6) and paid 595 for does NOT have any kind of welding done to it. Unless you skipped his which if you say all 6's have it, should we send it back for the welding. The bottom picture is your Stage 6 no welding there?

Users who are viewing this thread