Stick or Automatic? 2020 Shelby GT500 Tremec TR-9070 7-Speed Explained In Full Detail

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks like that option would be way too expensive to retro fit. Buf if money was no option im sure we would see it happen

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
It looks expensive of course...because it is. Given the option of this or a 6spd manual I still think the manual would outsell it 2-1. With that said I know the performance numbers are great and would more than likely not bad as good with a manual trans, but I think they would be close enough to warrant a possibly lower cost. I wonder how hard it is to modify a DCT by the likes of Underground Racing when they use them in 1500hp+ builds. I know the TCM is whats holding back several tuners now...so we will see what the future holds.

csc427

Established Member
It looks expensive of course...because it is. Given the option of this or a 6spd manual I still think the manual would outsell it 2-1. With that said I know the performance numbers are great and would more than likely not bad as good with a manual trans, but I think they would be close enough to warrant a possibly lower cost. I wonder how hard it is to modify a DCT by the likes of Underground Racing when they use them in 1500hp+ builds. I know the TCM is whats holding back several tuners now...so we will see what the future holds.
I know that the gtr upgraded trans and clutch is about $35k for their big builds like that. Porsche is similar. I would only imagine lambo/Audi to be the same.

Billjamin

I know that the gtr upgraded trans and clutch is about $35k for their big builds like that. Porsche is similar. I would only imagine lambo/Audi to be the same.

Thats not entirely true. The $36k GTR trans build will support well over 2000ft-lbs. That range would be more in the Shep stage 5 that supports 1500ft-lbs for $27k. Also keep in mind these GTR builds are trans axles so you have to include the front drive clutch parts and rear diff case/internals.

csc427

Established Member
Thats not entirely true. The $36k GTR trans build will support well over 2000ft-lbs. That range would be more in the Shep stage 5 that supports 1500ft-lbs for $27k. Also keep in mind these GTR builds are trans axles so you have to include the front drive clutch parts and rear diff case/internals.
Good point and I agree. I wasn’t implying it would be that much, however. Just that it is expensive. And as we all know, there’s def a tax on gtr, Porsche, lambo/Audi. It will be up there in price, as you would be upgrading clutches as well which will probably be $5k. I love it though and think it’s worth it. The dct in the R8, huracan, and Porsche are fantastic. I’ve heard the gt500 is great as well but I don’t have experience with it.

Established Member
Sure i'm going to get flamed for this, but it looks like they fixed the dry clutch problem of the focus by putting in a wet clutch. Bigger than that I know, but The basic principle seems the same.

Users who are viewing this thread