Steigemeier Stage V Torque Plate Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMD0346

Established Member
My opinion in sections,

1. There are WAY WAY more crown vics that stage 5 blowers. That is not a good comparison.

2. Community? So, Praise and everyone listen?

The community didn't buy stage 5 blowers, Individuals did. So let them call as Bob said and individually handle their situation.

They will then either come back with PRAISE.
Or come back with more threads like these.

What makes everyone think that Bob or ANY business owes them an explination on why he designed something?

The only people at this point that should feel that way is the owners of stage 5 blowers.

Last one, Re read what I just said.

Bob posted how he wants to try to handle this, 1 on 1 with the owners.
Before you crucify him and DEMAND shit as some have lets see what happens.

Did anyone with a Stage 5 actually call the man yet?

How bout bitching at them for procrastinating.

I'm done with my soap box now I have to go to work but this same old "Where is our Explination crap over and over is enough.
That wasn't what this thread was even supposed to be about.

And you people wonder why some post/threads get closed/deleted.

I dont agree with much of what you just said. There is much more to this than give him a call. He's made it clear he believes the new plate and a little more weld fixes the problem. I and others have said no that wont fix it. You know why. Youve read it.

Why should someone go and call him so he can tell them "its all ok, dont worry".? For those with what he believes are problem blowers he's gonna add a new plate and some new weld and call it a day. This may work. It may not. IMO it wont. Should folks just trust what he says with there 10-15K $ engines?

Just make a new thread huh? What happens when the new thread says "Plate broke again and tore my engine all to hell".? Too late then. Is stieg gonna fix it? Are you?

No my friend. I dont think its too much to ask for him to get on here and join in the discussion. Something other than advertisements. Yeah he needs to answer some questions and give some explinations. We arent a bunch of kids here. Theres alot of smarts floating around this site. Use it.

He was/is all about the "Community" when it comes to vendor stats and pushing his product. When there is a problem apparently to hell with the "Community". "Call me. I dont have time for your drama."

That is a slap in the damn face and Im sorry you dont see it that way. Ive run a 28 year old business for 15 yrs. I know how its supposed to work.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I dont agree with much of what you just said. There is much more to this than give him a call. He's made it clear he believes the new plate and a little more weld fixes the problem. I and others have said no that wont fix it. You know why. Youve read it.

Why should someone go and call him so he can tell them "its all ok, dont worry".? For those with what he believes are problem blowers he's gonna add a new plate and some new weld and call it a day. This may work. It may not. IMO it wont. Should folks just trust what he says with there 10-15K $ engines?

Just make a new thread huh? What happens when the new thread says "Plate broke again and tore my engine all to hell".? Too late then. Is stieg gonna fix it? Are you?

No my friend. I dont think its too much to ask for him to get on here and join in the discussion. Something other than advertisements. Yeah he needs to answer some questions and give some explinations. We arent a bunch of kids here. Theres alot of smarts floating around this site. Use it.

Very well said, Michael! I agree with everything you say here, but it is not likely that it will happen. I have never once seen a thread ever where Bob will answer questions, concerns, etc. directly. He may be very good to deal with on the phone, maybe not, but it would be so much easier for EVERYONE - including him, if he would just join the discussion, and advise us on how this will be dealt with, rather than fielding hundreds of calls!:rollseyes

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I just dont see how this ISNT a big deal to you guys. look at the facts givin here. they WILL crack. not an chance of, but will. It's an inferior part of a stage 5 that has Ill effects on the cars performance. the resonating, flexing whatever you want to call it is alot of stress on aluminum stock. The issue needs to be addressed for current and future potential owners. And it has been known for sometime otherwise there wouldnt be a "new" welding procedure.

It is a big deal, however this thread has gone so many dirrections I can't keep up with it so I quit till now, What I am getting at is this,
There are several people comparing this to Toyota recall as a joke. That is at best laughable.

Do you think people on Toyota websites are sitting going what should I do?
No they are calling the dealer.

We have people in this thread and the other one going What should I do?

Well, the man said call him so call him.
Don't sit here and whine and ask us.

Continued bellow,

He has said that he added weld.

That does not say what he WILL do for the owners.

My whole point of that post was this,

Until the owners call him and come back here and say,

"Bob to me to go **** myself"
Or Bob said pull the blower and send it in at his cost and he will remove the plate and give me some store credit"

Then they should chill.

Sitting here asking what to do is not the answer.
Do I think IMO Bob should join the discussion? Yes,

However with the rude ass remarks and people who don't even OWN a stage 5 DEMANDING he give an explination I can kind of understand why he wants to handle it 1 on 1.

I have a feeling no matter what he says it won't be good enough for some.

I'm done here.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I just got a warning here from LL for posting these basic questions in Steig's stick threads (which were subsequently deleted). I apologized in a return pm to LL, who said that I was "just trying to start crap". Just so everyone knows, I am not, nor have ever been a troublemaker here, but this is an issue that needs to be dealt with, and I feel like I really can't say anything more on this subject without being banned here.:rollseyes I honestly thought that all of the rants over on modfords were bullshit, and coming from people that were actual troublemakers anyway, now I see that you are fine here, as long as you don't publicly voice a strong opinion about the vendors here. This is not a problem for me, per say, because I understand that this is a business too, and the vendors pay the bills, but come on? At what point do the moderators speak to the said vendors, and warn them about not stepping up to the plate? I know that Steig says to call in, and I've heard that they have actually re-worked many of these blowers already, which is awesome. The problem that I have is that he (Steig) won't address this to the group as whole, even though the problem is not isolated. As someone else pointed out, it is a big pain in the ass to have each and every person have to call in individually, just to tell him the same exact thing! I would think that would be a big problem for them as well, just having to deal with all of the phone calls from those who have a documented issue, as well as those who haven't pulled the blower yet, but are afraid the issue will affect them also.

LL, if you read this, please know that my posts in this thread, and elsewhere are not to start crap - I just want to make sure that this doesn't just get swept under the rug! For what it's worth, I do have a dog in this fight too, as I have a beautifully polished stage 5 sitting on top of my engine right now, that it is absolutely killing me to think about taking back off again! It's not that it is a hard job, but when you are very busy, as a lot of us are with work, family, etc., there isn't always a lot of time to devote to having to re-do stuff that should be done already. This what really makes me angry! I had my car apart all of last season, because I was honestly too busy to finish it, and with the economy as it is, I was not wanting to turn any jobs away for fear that it would all dry up. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, either.

Sorry for the long post!
Brian

It is not what you said but how you said it.

There are other post here that are similar but not worded that way.

BTW, since you own one did you call yet?
Can't take much more PITA time as it did to type all the post you have in here.

And FWIW, Mods can't do a whole lot.
This will have to be handled by Travis how he sees fit.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
It is a big deal, however this thread has gone so many dirrections I can't keep up with it so I quit till now, What I am getting at is this,
There are several people comparing this to Toyota recall as a joke. That is at best laughable.

Do you think people on Toyota websites are sitting going what should I do?
No they are calling the dealer.

We have people in this thread and the other one going What should I do?

Well, the man said call him so call him.
Don't sit here and whine and ask us.

Continued bellow,

He has said that he added weld.

That does not say what he WILL do for the owners.

My whole point of that post was this,

Until the owners call him and come back here and say,

"Bob to me to go **** myself"
Or Bob said pull the blower and send it in at his cost and he will remove the plate and give me some store credit"

Then they should chill.

Sitting here asking what to do is not the answer.
Do I think IMO Bob should join the discussion? Yes,

However with the rude ass remarks and people who don't even OWN a stage 5 DEMANDING he give an explination I can kind of understand why he wants to handle it 1 on 1.

I have a feeling no matter what he says it won't be good enough for some.

I'm done here.

because they bought the car form the dealer. there is no middle man from porter to consumer.

I just dont get how people with these blowers are concerned, ask a question on the forum, and the reply is "buy my stuff, its better now", and you guys are ok with it? Im not sure which concerns me the most.

I feel the people speaking out that do not own stage 5's, are speaking for the community. MOST people wont speak out, some for fear of losing priviledges for saying the slightest thing. If this was a toyota site, but my car wasnt having problems, I would still join in on the discussion. Thats why we are here, to get opinoons, views from everyone we can. otherwise we would just go down the street to joe blows performance and let him do everything.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
because they bought the car form the dealer. there is no middle man from porter to consumer.

I just dont get how people with these blowers are concerned, ask a question on the forum, and the reply is "buy my stuff, its better now", and you guys are ok with it? Im not sure which concerns me the most.

I feel the people speaking out that do not own stage 5's, are speaking for the community. MOST people wont speak out, some for fear of losing priviledges for saying the slightest thing. If this was a toyota site, but my car wasnt having problems, I would still join in on the discussion. Thats why we are here, to get opinoons, views from everyone we can. otherwise we would just go down the street to joe blows performance and let him do everything.

He is the dealer in this situation, You bought the product from him.

OK with it? Whatever do you mean? I have never said I was OK with it.

But I am also not OK with people bitching and yet the one thing they can do and are told to do they WON"T do?
WTF?
If I had one I would have been on the phone already if it was such a concern.

Opinions?
The opinion is to take the plate off from all I've read, Now you can do it yourself or CALL the man and see what he will offer.

What do you people not get about that.

mustangtw

Established Member
Well, to me it seems Steig is not willing to share any other information on the subject. So, with that being the case, I would like to hear from the people who are calling Steig. Who has actually called to express their concerns and what were you told to do?

black 10th vert

Established Member

But I am also not OK with people bitching and yet the one thing they can do and are told to do they WON"T do?
WTF?

Opinions?
The opinion is to take the plate off from all I've read, Now you can do it yourself or CALL the man and see what he will offer.

Oh, I respect what you are getting at here! The only reason that I'm here bitching about it, is that I'm not in a position to work on my car at the moment (or get the port #'s), so I'm doing what I CAN do. That is discuss the problems in the open forum, get/share information, and wait to see how Steig responds to all of this. Since I actually have one of the affected stage 5's, I feel that I am well justified for being part of this gripe session, or whatever you choose to call it.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

WTF?

Opinions?

"ok with it" meaning your words seem to just brush it off from what you type. no one can understand someones meaning towards another by reading what they type. there is no feeling to know your sarcastic, truthful, laughing it off or whatever.

and when 20 people say they are concerned and one, which happens to be a mod, says your worrying about nothing, imo its kind of alarming.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
"ok with it" meaning your words seem to just brush it off from what you type. no one can understand someones meaning towards another by reading what they type. there is no feeling to know your sarcastic, truthful, laughing it off or whatever.

and when 20 people say they are concerned and one, which happens to be a mod, says your worrying about nothing, imo its kind of alarming.

You took my post way way wrong.

I never said "You're worring about nothing" I have brought up my onw questions just as the rest of you, I have stated about cast/plate welding, I have said I would like to know more.
I am with you on this and there is more we all need to know. I plan on posting tonight my theory on what the TQ plate is there for since Bob hasn't given his.

I am a Moderator on one of the biggest and best sites out there. More than keeping the peace I am here to serve the members. However in these situations there isn't much I can do.

Also however as I stated and will stand firm that you should be making an attempt to call to see what will happen instead of continuing to post "Come on Bob what are you gonna do?"

You want to know what he will do for YOU, then call him.
Maybe his answer will be different than making a blanket statement here depending on what series blower you have. 1st production, 2nd, 3rd.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
You took my post way way wrong.

I never said "You're worring about nothing" I have brought up my onw questions just as the rest of you, I have stated about cast/plate welding, I have said I would like to know more.
I am with you on this and there is more we all need to know. I plan on posting tonight my theory on what the TQ plate is there for since Bob hasn't given his.

I am a Moderator on one of the biggest and best sites out there. More than keeping the peace I am here to serve the members. However in these situations there isn't much I can do.

Also however as I stated and will stand firm that you should be making an attempt to call to see what will happen instead of continuing to post "Come on Bob what are you gonna do?"

You want to know what he will do for YOU, then call him.
Maybe his answer will be different than making a blanket statement here depending on what series blower you have. 1st production, 2nd, 3rd.

ok, Ill take that

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
How would everyone feel is Steg said anyone with older Stage V's they will swap it with a new one? If i had that option i would be content with it.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
I just feel bad for the people that dont see this thread and know about this problem, because im sure stieg wont step up and call all the customers and inform them about the cracking welds. I know they port blowers for other cars as well, i wonder if he uses the Tq plate on blowers for Jags and all the makes and models they do. These people will never find out...Good luck to everyone on here that has a stage 5. When i get my terminator Posi is porting my blower till i can get a Kb..

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
In most situations where a tough decision needs to be made, there's 2 sides of the story. Of course. But its also amazing to me how NO members of this 'community' are backing Steig.'s efforts. Only Moderators. And NO Moderators are backing the side of the customer (at least PUBLICLY WHERE IT COUNTS). Only members.

My blowers coming off. And going to Posi.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
can someone with a stage 5 please call Stieg and report back on what they say. that might help get this thread in the direction it needs to go...

JMD0346

Established Member

+1.

I joined the discussion because:

I love my site an the people on it.

I dont mind speaking out on something I believe in that could help others.

I know more about metal work/welding than most people do.

If anybody thinks thats rude then I appologize. Grown men discussing things doesnt have to be all nicey nice all the time.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I just feel bad for the people that dont see this thread and know about this problem, because im sure stieg wont step up and call all the customers and inform them about the cracking welds.

Exactly.

Recalls are sent out to customers, customers aren't expected to call everyday and say "Is my car OK to drive today?" :bash:

JMD0346

Established Member
How would everyone feel is Steg said anyone with older Stage V's they will swap it with a new one? If i had that option i would be content with it.

You would accept a new plate welded in your blower? Have you read anything thats been posted?

Thats exacty why, imo, he wont make any statements. He wants 1 on 1 with guys like you who will take whatever he's giving.

That is the definition of "Damage control". Down play the problem and keep as much as you can out of public dialogue. Its day one stuff guys.

Last edited:

VtekII

Established Member
vtek11 if u were closer and had some good munchies i would be there !

dam son, id even bake you a cake if you helped me... well by I i mean my girlfriend. lol good luck to you brother with all this mess. Being the positive member of SVTP that you usually are it sucks for you to be in this mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread