Spy Shots—2019 GT500 With Supercharged 5.2 FPC Engine?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah.. that day I went a little heavier on the face paint though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So if the new GT500 is coming out in 2019, I "assume' it will be announced sometime this year as to what the car finally has/does is in specs? (The sooner the better Ford! lol)
I'm chomping at the bit to see/read about this car. I'm looking/thinking of ordering one if it's a beast and a half and looks & sounds killer. "Hopefully".

MG0h3

Established Member
Travis invited me back, I don't know who you are.

No matter how much you kick and scream, thePill is responsible for a lot of the information public today. If I were a site owner, I would probably want as much potential info released on my site instead of elsewhere...

To be honest, none of the regulars here provide anything of value. But never fear, thePill is here.

Who is Travis and is the "pill" a site or are you actually referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Anything less than turbos is a letdown. It just has cop out written all over it to show up to the party at this point with a supercharger, which they are already late for. And a lot of insults being thrown around in here, I'll be back to see who is going to be eating crow when it debuts. Pill may indulge in nearly wild speculation, but all that is required in response is reasoned dialog to dispute, if you have any, not names and insults. I personally like running the wilder ideas through my head, that is where innovation can occur. So engage like grownups please, we are all enthusiast here, and would all probably enjoy a beer together if we happened to meet up at an automotive event someday. And no, I don't have any insider info, for which I came here in the first place.
Unfortunately, all the same info I took to another site was initially turned down here, by the handful of "insiders" making it obvious they hate eating crow.

PDI, the '18 refresh, the GT>350>500 lineup, 808 or go home... all turned down at the lowest level. Info that probably should have gone to the owner directly.

But the again, it isn't verified and it's from these "insiders" on here and over there.

The z28 cancelation and the ZL1 1LE merger is the last time I will discuss the Camaro.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is getting to the point right past where trolls are considered entertaining.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Who exactly is thePill? Sounds familiar. What's his story? I can't lie, im a bit intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Unfortunately, all the same info I took to another site was initially turned down here, by the handful of "insiders" making it obvious they hate eating crow.

PDI, the '18 refresh, the GT>350>500 lineup, 808 or go home... all turned down at the lowest level. Info that probably should have gone to the owner directly.

But the again, it isn't verified and it's from these "insiders" on here and over there.

The z28 cancelation and the ZL1 1LE merger is the last time I will discuss the Camaro.

You like rehashing manufacturer press releases as your own information. Wow! 808, 808, 808 am I now the pill?

This is getting to the point right past where trolls are considered entertaining.

DBK's gun to head gif said it best!
I think we should send him to Gitmo. Idea?

He's become obsessed with himself.

He is and always was. Him saying he's going to save this site takes the cake though!

If I was Sid I would be pissed!!

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
No

808 was the specific number I reported on both M6G and SVTP about 18 months ago.

Dodge took that very number.

That is not coincidence and unfortunately, a supercharged 5.0 - 5.2 will not be enough for the "Highest Output V8" and makes being "King of the Road" a bit less convincing.

I am sorry fella's, if you want Ford to produce more than 808, you will need two turbos. Since it was rumored Ford wanted 808, regardless if you believed it or not, Dodge has taken that very number.

Personally, I am not convinced Fords port injectors are compatible with Eatins dual brick TVS design. Nor am I convinced Eaton has the capability to make a PDI compliant root type charger.

If discussion about the 500 breaking 808, or the GT350 continuing until 2020-'21 or the Mustang scheduled refresh/PDI upgrade bothers anyone, I suggest you make the case now.

Chevy asked the Camaro customers what they wanted and all they got was a faster horse. Don't expect Ford and Romeo to be so foolish. They knew that 707 wasn't it and I believe they absolutely knew 808 was on deck at Dodge. I expect they have always intended on the GT500 being the king of the road and an 808 was well known.

Stop pushing a false narrative, I reported 808 waaaaaaay before the Demon came out, 18 months ago. The explanation that came afterwards was to explain how that could be possible.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm over discussing thePill, but I have to say I fwould personally like to see some technical discussion.
Unfortunately Ford isn't giving us anything like SRT did with the Demon.
I also question the DI and TVS playing nice, but there is a LOT of room between the DOHC heads despite the small displacement.
And yes, while it's always easier to make more reliable power with cubic inches, the equalizer is boost and rpm.
Higher rpm actually decreases detonation potential and DI combined with port EFI pretty much allows pushing a small motor harder.
Down side is less potential for easy aftermarket increases, but I'll always take a boosted OEM motor for the basis of a build.
Anyway, like beating a dead horse (or Pill) here, but it's the dearth of info from Ford that is frustrating.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
While it will be a DI engine, I assume it will probably A WHILE before mods/tune become available for these engines.
I suppose Roush is doing all the testing for the DI and the TVS as they are probably working on releasing a new Roush Stage 3 car.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
You can say 808 all you want and so can I. What I don't see, is a date...
Not on here you won't, you would need to visit another forum.

That is the fact, don't know what else to tell a person in extreme denial pushing a false narrative.

At the very least, research the internet before you make a positive assumption. I specifically said I brought that here (all the info above) and it was excused at the lowest level.

I'm not going to discuss another forums exclusives on this forum.

I would like to discuss the technical possibilities of Ford developing an 808hp V8. The very number I have been reporting, internet wide, for over 18 months. A supercharged 5.0or 5.2 won't cut it.

Nobody on the internet should have information on PDI except the year I said it was coming. Romeo developed PDI so everything ppwertrain related from Romeo after 2018 is probably PDI.

Before the Demons 808hp and AMG's new turbo design, I am sure it sounded like crazy horseshit. It probably seemed insane that I specifically said Port Direct and a refresh would happen the same year, yes, I know, in retrospect, it looked frantic. That's reality today though :(

The Camaro stuff is just disheartening, I do t really have anything to add.

Users who are viewing this thread