Spy Shots—2019 GT500 With Supercharged 5.2 FPC Engine?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
::From SEMA::

i-WrZKwsw-X4.jpg

This is an early build prototype for the ’19 Ford GT500. While the GT350 refresh was sent out in May by another photographer purporting to be the GT500, a source inside the blue oval has confirmed that this is actually the real deal.

The Mustang-based GT500 will build on the GT350’s performance capabilities. This early-build GT500 prototype does not reflect other changes that will be incorporated from the already-announced ’18 Mustang mid-cycle refresh. But production versions will have a supercharged 5.2L flat-plane crank engine through a DCT transmission. Horsepower should be more than the 707hp Dodge Hellcat models, although it may fall short of the 808hp Demon.

GT500s will also get 20-in. wheels and tires as well as unique styling tweaks.

Expect to see the GT500 next year.

i-rjVn2kJ-X4.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That should make the GT350 plummet :).. so this is going to be a straight line or a road coarse car?? A bit confused lol

Fourcam380

Established Member
Also the DCT would only be needed if this engine is going to rev like the GT350. I doubt the new 10A despite how great it appears to be this far would enjoy shifting at 8000rpm +. If true I applaud Ford for making such an investment in the name of performance.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
If it has the new Eaton TVS 2650R everyone will be the opposite of dissappointed.

Car will be insane.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
A supercharged Flat Plane Crank?

I have serious doubts it is a.) supercharged and b.) a Flat Plane Crank. If it is 800+, it isn't supercharged.

Has anyone found out if a roots-type supercharger is compatible with the port injector of the new PDI system?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Also the DCT would only be needed if this engine is going to rev like the GT350. I doubt the new 10A despite how great it appears to be this far would enjoy shifting at 8000rpm +. If true I applaud Ford for making such an investment in the name of performance.
The human hand can fumble a high horsepower application using a manual. Or, in the GTR's case, it had fantastic traction and benefited offering paddle shifters only.

Forced induction of any kind would put unnecessary force on a Flat Plane application. There is video of this very test Car and it sounds as if this particular car is a Coyote, uses a Cross Plane Crank and, at the time, did not sound supercharged.

And, it was a manual for sure.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
On the DCT, doesn't Tremec have a 7 speed DCT with a pretty high torque capacity? Could Ford use that transmission? It would be cool, but I assumed they'd use the new 10 spd.

Breitling

Established Member
I don't get the FPC + PD blower combo. The point of a FPC is the ability to rev, which isn't a PD blowers strong suit. Unless it was done for acoustics.

One possibility for the PD blower is because the FPC motor has low torque in the lower RPM range and the blower would help make up for this? Just a guess. Agreed that the high revving capabilities of the FPC doesn't seem to coincide with a PD blower.

Users who are viewing this thread