Soon to be new shop!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think I ever asked this. What is your occupation, Brady?
Been at a local butter plant factory for 15 years. Everything from running machines, shift lead and now up on the side where I load and unload cream and milk from tankers.

I have a business degree, lol....

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered this Husky cabinet set for the shop. I've been wanting something for more workspace and storage.

The thought for now is to put it where I currently have the 6 foot table. But we'll see.

IMG_20210804_182057317.jpg

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I just ordered this Husky cabinet set for the shop. I've been wanting something for more workspace and storage.

The thought for now is to put it where I currently have the 6 foot table. But we'll see.

View attachment 1720225

Forgive me if already discussed (and I'm sure it has been but I'm too lazy to scroll up), is that workbench a gladiator adjustable?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Forgive me if already discussed (and I'm sure it has been but I'm too lazy to scroll up), is that workbench a gladiator adjustable?

I believe it's adjustable, but the brand is WorkForce from Menards. I'm quite impressed with it. Seems very sturdy and heavy duty.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well what a waste of my time. I bought a Husky cabinet setup for the shop. One tall locker had dents on the front doors.

It was a online order and instead of them just replacing the one locker, I had to return the whole thing. Which was two tall cabinet lockers, two smaller floor cabinets, and three wall mount cabinets.

So I had to reload it all back in the truck and drive 25 miles to the nearest Home Depot.

I ended up just getting a refund. Crazy, I didn't even have to box then back up.

Not sure what route I'll go now.
IMG_20210925_175254906.jpg

quad

Established Member
Well what a waste of my time. I bought a Husky cabinet setup for the shop. One tall locker had dents on the front doors.

It was a online order and instead of them just replacing the one locker, I had to return the whole thing. Which was two tall cabinet lockers, two smaller floor cabinets, and three wall mount cabinets.

So I had to reload it all back in the truck and drive 25 miles to the nearest Home Depot.

I ended up just getting a refund. Crazy, I didn't even have to box then back up.

Not sure what route I'll go now.View attachment 1722098

Your shop looks nice! You also got a good workout and refund! What's the problem?! :p:cool:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Apologies for thread hijack but I had some bad luck with an order from a big box store recently too.

Ordered 3 gladiator workbenches from Lowes, 48" 72" and 96". Because of the 96, I had them all delivered to my house. First, delivery date = order date + ~45days. I switched shifts with people from work so I could be there because I had heard that the tabletops could show up damaged. Then the delivery was delayed a week and I couldn't be there.

The 96" didn't even show up in a box. Was torn to all hell. Had my wife send it back (I was at work watching on cameras and having her send me pics). There's no way any reasonable human being would've put it on the truck to go out to a customer. The other boxes were beat up but intact, checked them when I got home and they were ok.

The return for the 96" went through OK and they ordered a replacement, but that won't be shipped until 20OCT.

On top of that, the Wilton vise I ordered a few days after I ordered the benches wasn't going to ship until 30SEP. Then got an email saying 26OCT. Just got another email yesterday that it'll be shipped 02NOV. I'll be lucky to get that by Christmas I think.
image_388145395299_19700119_161939%20(1).jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Longer ship dates have become the norm due to supply issues. That coupled with carrier longer ship times (especially FedEx) sucks!

Brady, do you have a Lowes that is closer than 25 miles? I ask because my experiences here with my two local Home Depots has pushed me to pretty much buy only from Lowes.

patc84

Established Member
Look into New Age. I have a nice set in my garage, delivered on a pallet to the house, unloaded for us. Packaged very well.

You can get a good break if you have costco or sams club membership.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Longer ship dates have become the norm due to supply issues. That coupled with carrier longer ship times (especially FedEx) sucks!

Brady, do you have a Lowes that is closer than 25 miles? I ask because my experiences here with my two local Home Depots has pushed me to pretty much buy only from Lowes.
I'm a shipping manager and a lot of the LTL carriers are packed with freight right now and some won't do any pickups for one week blocks. I also did a T56 swap on my 13gt and been waiting on a driveshaft for months. Things are so crazy right now!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Apologies for thread hijack but I had some bad luck with an order from a big box store recently too.

Ordered 3 gladiator workbenches from Lowes, 48" 72" and 96". Because of the 96, I had them all delivered to my house. First, delivery date = order date + ~45days. I switched shifts with people from work so I could be there because I had heard that the tabletops could show up damaged. Then the delivery was delayed a week and I couldn't be there.

The 96" didn't even show up in a box. Was torn to all hell. Had my wife send it back (I was at work watching on cameras and having her send me pics). There's no way any reasonable human being would've put it on the truck to go out to a customer. The other boxes were beat up but intact, checked them when I got home and they were ok.

The return for the 96" went through OK and they ordered a replacement, but that won't be shipped until 20OCT.

On top of that, the Wilton vise I ordered a few days after I ordered the benches wasn't going to ship until 30SEP. Then got an email saying 26OCT. Just got another email yesterday that it'll be shipped 02NOV. I'll be lucky to get that by Christmas I think.View attachment 1722099

Dang that's messed up!

We did have a Lowe's store in the same town as Home Depot. It's obviously a bigger town than mine. So we do go there often.

Last I heard that Lowe's shut down.
Look into New Age. I have a nice set in my garage, delivered on a pallet to the house, unloaded for us. Packaged very well.

You can get a good break if you have costco or sams club membership.
I've looked at some of the New Age stuff. We do have a Sam's membership.

I've also been looking at the Ultimate brand.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No it's open. I really don't see a reason to finish it off. I feel it would make the room feel smaller.Thanks man!

Why would an 8' ceiling make the room feel smaller? What are the dimensions of the room? I could never have an unfinished office in a nicely done shop like that. But that's just me. Hell, make it a 10' ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread