Soon to be new shop!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why would an 8' ceiling make the room feel smaller? What are the dimensions of the room? I could never have an unfinished office in a nicely done shop like that. But that's just me. Hell, make it a 10' ceiling.
The bathroom is the same way. It doesn't bother me. It is a shop lol.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Bought a restored craftsman bench vice. Perfect for the shop.
39f3797eaffee72e5c1169517c927fa1.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a nice vice. Matches your cabinet. How much did you pay for it? I sold one that I had that was pretty much identical to yours for around $40. It wasn't as pretty, LOL, but worked great. The old Craftsman vises were really well made and solid as hell.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That's a nice vice. Matches your cabinet. How much did you pay for it? I sold one that I had that was pretty much identical to yours for around $40. It wasn't as pretty, LOL, but worked great. The old Craftsman vises were really well made and solid as hell.
Nice! It was cheap, around 180 dollars. Bidding wars on ebay.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
This isn’t going to come across the way I want it to, so I apologize in advance.

Have you “done anything” in the garage yet? It’s always spotless, the cars are parked neatly and closed up, and there are no tools out.

I’m jealous regardless of the answer.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
This isn’t going to come across the way I want it to, so I apologize in advance.

Have you “done anything” in the garage yet? It’s always spotless, the cars are parked neatly and closed up, and there are no tools out.

I’m jealous regardless of the answer.
Lol.

Yes I have done some work. I replaced the power steering lines on the 67 fastback and installed a temp gauge. The rear pinion nut leaked and I fixed it. The tranny pan gasket is leaking and I plan on fixing it.

I also like to detail. I plan on spot cleaning the seats in the 93 hatch. And some paint corrections on the cars as well.

I live in Minnesota, it's winter. So my cars are basically in storage mode.

I am a neat freak. Any mess I make gets cleaned up immediately. Probably one reason why everything takes me twice as long when I'm working on something.

ToddW702

Established Member
Those power steering systems are such a pain. I changed mine to a borgeson gearbox and got rid of the slave cylinder and all those lines. Your car is really nice and original so I probably wouldn’t change it out. Looks good for sure. Is there any leaks?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Those power steering systems are such a pain. I changed mine to a borgeson gearbox and got rid of the slave cylinder and all those lines. Your car is really nice and original so I probably wouldn’t change it out. Looks good for sure. Is there any leaks?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Man you're not kidding! It seems good for now.... But I have little faith in it because I heard the same thing. It's pretty original, but does have headers and rear brakes are upgraded to disc.

I'm on the fence about adding the PA c4 deep pan or an original looking one that has a drain plug.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, I knew you were in the ice age.

Good to hear it’s being utilized as a work garage in addition to a badass small museum.

Did you get a fridge? Have you utilized the office and garage space as a safe space to pound some beers?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, I knew you were in the ice age.

Good to hear it’s being utilized as a work garage in addition to a badass small museum.

Did you get a fridge? Have you utilized the office and garage space as a safe space to pound some beers?
Thank you!

Yes sir. I'm slowly turning it into a man cave lol. I'll eventually add more stuff to the shop. I've just owned it for about a year not.
59be35cda268ef2ae2adc588e970ec80.jpg
c17b8a8fccadabb9aacc20c08415ae0d.jpg
811b95831c6c6965380c017da4980b35.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know I've mentioned this before, but a suspended ceiling (very easy to do yourself) would finish off your office nicely.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I know I've mentioned this before, but a suspended ceiling (very easy to do yourself) would finish off your office nicely.

Gives it a more finished look for sure.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d still take it as is! (Maybe a little larger fridge for the necessities)

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Suspended ceiling does offer ease of installation and future access, along with affordability. However, with the expense and time someone has put in with the tongue and groove woodwork, that would be ashame. In hindsight he might have stained or finished his exposed framing on the ceiling for an awesome rustic look with some contemporary track lighting. This would have been inexpensive, maintain a better ceiling height opposed to adding another layer.
Liner panel is another option, but complicated by the liner panel already on the wall. There is no EASY clean method to accomplish this once the room is already framed in. It can be done though. I install a lot of liner panel in commercial applications and even in my wood shop. It runs about $1 a square foot plus installation.

20220101_164854.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good points on the ceiling, but a suspended ceiling can look really nice, plus you can incorporate LED florescent 4' fixtures. That's what I did in my shifter gasket workshop. With sheetrock walls and vinyl woodgrain raised floor.

1641752867957.jpeg

1641752894545.jpeg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Forgot I have this spare one. The back was split. So I got it for free as a spare. I'll hang it up probably in the office.
2bc595ff3f9a9cfbc1416e45441e9b42.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Forgot I have this spare one. The back was split. So I got it for free as a spare. I'll hang it up probably in the office.
2bc595ff3f9a9cfbc1416e45441e9b42.jpg

Better to hang it in the office rather than stick it away hidden somewhere, and maybe forgotten. Are you going to punch two holes at the top corners to hang it?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Was that made by GDM?
I can't recall. It was made by some lady on Facebook. She's made many of them.
Better to hang it in the office rather than stick it away hidden somewhere, and maybe forgotten. Are you going to punch two holes at the top corners to hang it?
That's my thought. It has some super sticky double sided 3M tape on the back. But I've thought about using a few screws.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't recall. It was made by some lady on Facebook. She's made many of them.That's my thought. It has some super sticky double sided 3M tape on the back. But I've thought about using a few screws.

I like that a lot. I don't care for the GDM as much at all.

Users who are viewing this thread