Sold my 2013 SGM GT500 and bought this...

peteypab2133

Established Member
Well that was quick, how long did you own it for, a couple months? haha

Explorers are nice though.

Bout 5 months. Waited longer to get it than I owned it. Dont regret buying it. I had fun. I also knew before the car came I would have this happen. Still did it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
Bout 5 months. Waited longer to get it than I owned it. Dont regret buying it. I had fun. I also knew before the car came I would have this happen. Still did it

now the real question is... ofcourse if you dont mind saying :D... how hard was it accepting the trade value?? well i am sure there is a crapload of people looking for a barely broken in 13-gt500

peteypab2133

Established Member
now the real question is... ofcourse if you dont mind saying :D... how hard was it accepting the trade value?? well i am sure there is a crapload of people looking for a barely broken in 13-gt500

Sold it for exactly what I paid for it. Lost about $500 in taxes. I should have done a in/out from dealer

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
how'd you lose only 500 in taxes if you traded it for exactly what you paid for? ttl on a '13 shelby would be a lot more than 500.

thats what really sux about dealing with cars....the tax man gets fat every time. then add in the ttl on the explorer. :cryying:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I'd have kept the Shelby, found a less bulky child seat (you'll wish you'd gotten something with a removable seat/base setup, trust me), and gotten over the HID kick and picked up a less expensive family ride.

To each their own.

peteypab2133

Established Member
how'd you lose only 500 in taxes if you traded it for exactly what you paid for? ttl on a '13 shelby would be a lot more than 500.

thats what really sux about dealing with cars....the tax man gets fat every time. then add in the ttl on the explorer. :cryying:

I paid about $1000.00 (not my payment it was 850.00) a month for 4 months. Taxes were $4300.00. So my payments covered almost all the taxes.

nidyanazo

///AMG &Ducati aficionado
Established Member
Oh man that sucks your wife decides what you drive. I don't understand when shit like that happens to some men. Ya should have just kept your car and bought her an explorer! Felt selfish?? WTF? How could you feel selfish for getting her a car?

dads01dream

Established Member
That was a very nice Shelby, but family comes FIRST. To the guy with an Explorer Sport, how quick is it? What kind of mpg's are you getting? Can it tow any decent weight? Just curious as I'm thinking about an upgrade from my V6 Venza - Thanks.

OP, congrats on the upcoming birth.... Life's about to get a whole lot more exciting & I mean that in a great way! :beer:

peteypab2133

Established Member
Oh man that sucks your wife decides what you drive. I don't understand when shit like that happens to some men. Ya should have just kept your car and bought her an explorer! Felt selfish?? WTF? How could you feel selfish for getting her a car?

LoL. I bought her a BMW a couple years ago. This was more for me I guess
ymu9ujer.jpg

BladeX10

Established Member
If my wife told me what i could or could not drive, i'd be a pissed off individual. No way i'd ever be able to have a car like a gt500 for a few months then drive a boat of a suv LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
congrats! And congrats for you being a good guy and putting family first. I'm sure that meant a lot to the wife.

Ditto to that. A lot of unselfishness there! I give him a ton of credit. He WILL be rewarded for that down the road. :rockon:

I can tell you from personal experience that you can definitely enjoy a vehicle like that after selling a HP car. I had to sell my '03 Cobra and bought an '02 Infinity QX4 (SUV). I loved it. Comfortable. A lot of utility. Rode great. I missed my Cobra at times but getting into a nice comfy vehicle that met our needs definitely eased the pain.

riverart

Established Member
While I didn't have a Shelby, I did get rid of my 06 Mustang GT for the same reasons. Cars can be had here and there. Good thing your heart is in the right place for your family.

peteypab2133

Established Member

I may be crazy, but i never once said anything about her making me buy this thing. I wanted it. Seemed like the right thing to do. I will own another cool car in the next couple years.

peteypab2133

Established Member
I bought my wife the 302A package in Sterling Grey. We love it. The auto parallel park is spooky.

cannot wait to try it. My wife has a hard time parking her little 3 series. cannot imagine putting this thing in anything other than a space straight on..

I am stoked. will be getting the windows done and calling it a day

t01lightning

Established Member
You should have kept it, it's really not selfish unless it would strain you financially. Trust me the exhaust puts them to sleep and when they are two and above they will love to hear the car start up cruise under bridges etc. These cars are really important when the little ones are not so little and they can remember the cobra cranking up. Congratulations on the baby!

Supernova

Established Member
I assume that all of the people saying you should have kept the Shelby have never tried to put a rear-facing car seat in the back of a Mustang...

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
LOL. I remember the dual car seats in the back of my '92 GT convertible. Two kids in a Neon ACR in car seats as well. Two kids, now teenagers, still fit in a Mustang. There is no need to get an SUV for one kid. But, hey...gotta do what you gotta do.

Users who are viewing this thread