Sold my 2013 SGM GT500 and bought this...

peteypab2133

Established Member
Couple new photos.

uhadyje5.jpg
egehanaq.jpg
u8a4a2a4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

eightballrj

Established Member
Should have kept the Shelby. I bought a V6 EX-L Accord in preparation for having our little girl. I realized afterwards that I never used my car to take her around and I can fit a rear facing carseat in a new Mustang anyway with a short passenger up front for a short ride. So I sold the Honda and bought another Mustang.

peteypab2133

Established Member
Should have kept the Shelby. I bought a V6 EX-L Accord in preparation for having our little girl. I realized afterwards that I never used my car to take her around and I can fit a rear facing carseat in a new Mustang anyway with a short passenger up front for a short ride. So I sold the Honda and bought another Mustang.

Sorry man, I made an pact when I was a kid I would never drive a honda. Still holding strong. Its just a mustang, I can get another one in the future.

What no one knows is im 28 years old and the only income. I have a 3 series thats almost paid off, a new explorer a house and a bunch of other hobbies on just my income. I had three car payments and a mortgage payment just previous to selling my mustang and audi A4 and getting this..

We are moving and my wife after hsving our first kid will put her masters degree to work. Once that happens I can buy another car... but till then I have to make the appropriate choices. I feel like I have accomplished a lot at 28 and have plenty of time to get another mustang, my feelings are not hurt if you guys dont like the explorer. its a stepping stone!

Last edited:

smknvette

Established Member
Sorry man, I made an pact when I was a kid I would never drive a honda. Still holding strong. Its just a mustang, I can get another one in the future.

What no one knows is im 28 years old and the only income. I have a 3 series thats almost paid off, a new explorer a house and a bunch of other hobbies on just my income. I had three car payments and a mortgage payment just previous to selling my mustang and audi A4 and getting this..

We are moving and my wife after hsving our first kid will put her masters degree to work. Once that happens I can buy another car... but till then I have to make the appropriate choices. I feel like I have accomplished a lot at 28 and have plenty of time to get another mustang, my feelings are not hurt if you guys dont like the explorer. its a stepping stone!

Congrats man sounds like your on the right track and made the right decision. I would have done the same thing. Actually looking at those and new flexs right now. Tried to buy one Friday and another salesman sold it out from under us lol. My wife didn't get out of bed and get over there quick anuff lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peteypab2133

Established Member
Congrats man sounds like your on the right track and made the right decision. I would have done the same thing. Actually looking at those and new flexs right now. Tried to buy one Friday and another salesman sold it out from under us lol. My wife didn't get out of bed and get over there quick anuff lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I drove an ecoboost model. Really bad ass for what it is, my dealer has a new white and black one. Let me know if those colors interest you. It would be an invoice or below deal im sure. Bought two cars from them in the past 5 months!

beeradd

Established Member
Looked into it, it was actually high on my list for the HP, but I was DEAD SET on having HID head lights. Why ford wouldnt put them in a 45,000 SUV and make you pay almost $50,000 to get them is beyond me.

The other car I drove for about two days and was VERY close to pulling the trigger was this guy...

2013 SHO with the performance package. But in the end, I just couldnt do it.

Here was the Taurus with the Recaro pro ride seat in it. Almost did not fit. This would NEVER fit in the mustang.

I think I will be happy. The BMW is paid off. If things go well, she might let me get something fun again in the next 2 years or so. OR we are going to start pumping out kids. Lets see what happens.

Either way, it was a JOY to be on this site. Lots of great info, and lots of good folks on here. I will be hanging around so I am not completely gone

I've got two of the recaro pro ride's, awesome car seats!
Fits great forward facing in my cobra

stangposse

Established Member
Shoulda ditched that BMW, which is gonna come out of warranty and put you in the poor house, and bought an SUV for HER to drive.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
A mutual friend has a '13 explorer sport and ran a 14.43 bone stock. He's one of the best tuners in the world IMO, he'll have it flying soon.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
I drove a 13 SHO for a demo up to 5900 miles this fall up until 2 weeks ago, and GOD I miss it and I have 2 kids in child seats and they fit fine. The SHO is by far the best daily driver ford has and and very fun and comfortable and gets better mpg than the 2013 explorer limited 4x4 I'm driving now, it's just so boring compared to the SHO I can't wait to get another SHO for a demo again. I hope u don't miss your 13 gt500.

eightballrj

Established Member

Not that I don't like it. I just think you will want the mustang back soon. I just turned 29 and there's no way I could afford a Shelby. I'm a single income guy too, one toddler. Good deal man! Different strokes for different folks!

Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread