Sold a car a regretted it?

02reaper

Established Member
Live and Let die. Not a single regret about selling anything. There's always something else.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're the nostalgic type, then you better keep it.

Me? I'm not nostalgic about material things. If you are tired of it and see no future with it then sell that hunk of metal and plastic and keep moving forward.

Only you can decide what you want to do with your life.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't sell it, I hate myself for selling my 13 GT500
Screenshot_20231024_135009_Gallery.jpg

VegasMichael

Established Member
I miss the hell out of my 500.

And I'd also love to have a p71 crown vic.
I've honestly always been a sedan guy. Wish I had been born in the late 40s or early 50s so I could have bought some of those 60s and early 70s muscle cars and had fun with those old horsepower wars. Hardly any U.S. sedans being built anymore.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I'm not one to dream, not even nightmares. However, I had at least two vivid dreams of me returning back to our old family house and my 70 Corvette is still in the garage. Also the garage looking the same way as it did some 40 years ago. It's odd and don't really understand why my subconscious goes there. It wasn't the highlight of my life.

Advice: keep it if you can.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I wish i could find and buy back my first truck. Didnt really need the $. Having an extra toy vehicle didnt click in ny brain at that young age.

Unless you need the $ for something, like a house, then just keep it. Drive it every now and then. You will regret it. Especially for measely $10k which doesnt buy squat these days.

If thats the only way to get into an S550 or something else than that is a tougher choice.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ajaf1656

Established Member
One of the worst sales I made was my 1971 F-100. I sold it to a new guy in the USAF who needed a vehicle. Two days later he showed up to work in a used Ford Focus. I asked where the truck was and he said he took it to the dealership for one of those "push pull or drag it in and get $1,000 trade-in" sales. I seriously wanted to murder the guy.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
One of the worst sales I made was my 1971 F-100. I sold it to a new guy in the USAF who needed a vehicle. Two days later he showed up to work in a used Ford Focus. I asked where the truck was and he said he took it to the dealership for one of those "push pull or drag it in and get $1,000 trade-in" sales. I seriously wanted to murder the guy.
What a dirt bag. That would piss me off.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I still have my 88 GT that I bought new, would not even ponder selling it. We also have a lot of cars, but there are a few I regret selling, but cant look back, only forward. The upgrades of the ones sold are the upside.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I still have my 98 which I’ve been working on since my dad got it when I was 11yo. I’ve thought about selling it 1000s of times. I just picked up a mach 1. Medusa still in the garage. Don’t sell it. My dad regrets so many cars sold. I won’t make that mistake. Buy another car and keep that one forever.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
OP the answer isn't to sell cars, it's just to acquire more.

The only thing I sold that I regret is my 96 bronco, but at the end of the day it came down to a lack of time, a lack of space, and a lack of money to do a full blown frame off resto. My friend who was going to do the body work for me got busy doing adult things instead which put the final nail in that project coffin. The truck had sat for 5 years in my garage prior, if I dismantled it myself back in 2021 on my 2 post lift I bet it'd still be there as I write this post. So I made a tough call and sold it to a friend of a friend. That truck is still on the road in upstate NY between buffalo and rochester, I told my friends in that area I don't ever want to hear about or see that truck again especially when it inevitably ends up in the JY due to rot finishing it off.

I got the bronco freshmen year of college, but I still have my high school car which is the Marauder, I've had that since I was 15. I'd sooner bury it in my back yard than sell it and see it on the 11 o'clock news tied to a drug deal gone wrong shootout in city center Philadelphia.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys! maybe I should go drive it more often to try and reignite the spark.

I have a 98 Cobra, owned it since 2004. I sometimes have the urge to sell, but KNOW I'd regret it. My cars is fully modded as far as I'm concerned, so sometimes I'd like to start over with a new car.
The SN95 is the absolute sexiest of all the late model mustangs. I say keep it and go turbo, that's what I did.

PXL_20220620_220645370_copy_1612x1209_copy_644x483.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread