Sold a car a regretted it?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Being in the PNW it'll last you basically forever as well. If I had another OBS I'd need an indoor spot to keep it off the road off the winter, rust is why I parked mine. By the time I sold it, a fuel line and brake line blew out.

I had my truck parked outside for 6 months and I swear it degraded faster in that 6 months than the entire time it stayed in the garage

Yeah, I don't think I have any rust on mine at all and it has never been garaged. I've kept it parked in my undercover spot at my apartments but it has spent more time sitting outside.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Being in the PNW it'll last you basically forever as well. If I had another OBS I'd need an indoor spot to keep it off the road off the winter, rust is why I parked mine. By the time I sold it, a fuel line and brake line blew out.

I had my truck parked outside for 6 months and I swear it degraded faster in that 6 months than the entire time it stayed in the garage

Dang! You weren't kidding. That is pretty crusty.

I am going to look at another Bronco Saturday morning, a 1994 XL, 5.0 with 139k miles. Looks to be really clean. Either I will flip it or my keep it for my oldest when he starts driving next year.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep. My 01 Cobra

My 01 was modded exactly the way i wanted, made 450rwhp and had 36k on it. I had it for 19 years. Only thing left i wanted to do was a built motor and trans. Which i had a built short block and trans in the garage. Just needed a few other things. I miss that car so much. An incredible amount of sentimental value and so many good times. I sold it right before i moved to CO. Didn’t really need the money but wanted to buy a 13/14 GT500 when i moved here. I easily could of done that while keeping the car. I honestly regret it so much.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SGT MERC

Established Member
When I finished Infantry school in 1997, I went home and bought a 1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 manual 4 speed.... Had every option available, even the rear wiper. I had it till I went back to PA in 1996. At that time it had a 351 Windsor stroker in it. I sold it and bought a truck. I've missed ever since.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Keep it, too much fun.
What everyone else has said too, about how you'd never come close to replacing it for $10k.

Outta all the vehicles I've owned, I wished I still had the cheapest, junkiest one. A rusted out '71, totally bare bones, C/10, 3 ott, 250 6 cyl. Didn't even have hubcaps. I loved it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For a long time I regretted selling my 2003 Cobra (with only 7K miles on it). I also regret selling my 1970 Road Runner. It had a rare center console with bucket seats.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I only regret getting rid of the sonic blue, my user name was because it of. But I seeing the pricing I couldn’t bring myself to another as there’s newer sports cars I’d rather have.

Users who are viewing this thread