SoCal Dyno Day / Fun in Camarillo

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Joe,
I am posting a schedule right now.
Because of the number of cars coming out, we are starting around 8:30am.
I am posting up a 'Mini 3/22 Dyno Day' that will have the schedule and a few other odds and ends.

Email me with your time preference.
thanks
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
We had a good run back into town from Camarillo...
See you Saturday.
JW

Originally posted by ox03
jhwalker, maoun: Was not able to make it up today and was not able to contact you guys as SVTP was down for the better part of today. Sorry 'bout that...I'll def see you guys on the 22nd...

maoun

Established Member
i'm still trying to figure out what part of that guy's GT deserved the "SVT" logo :)

t'was fun james...

m.

maoun

Established Member
so...we're driving along on the freeway and i'm in the #2 lane...i pull up next to this gt in the first lane with an SVT logo and he revs his engine at me...he and his buddy are looking at me and laughing like they could take me...

then, i wait for james to come up behind him and this guy practically shit a brick looking at two 03s....him and his friend kept glancing back and forth like they couldn't believe it.

needlesss to say, we showed him once or twice thai could put my gear in 6th gear and still beat him easily....

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
And to think it could have been three '03s...Oh wellz...

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
With Maoun's Bassani setup and my MagnaFlow rig, some parts of the freeway where there were sound barrier walls echoing the sound back and forth sounded like a bunch of airplanes blasting through. Yep, three would have been better!
JW

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I have posted about this subject in the Road Kill Cafe, we don't get no estinkin respect!

The Lightnings with blowers have been around long enough, people have learned to go easy around that truck. Everybody recognizes a 'Vette for it's performance. It has been a loooooonnngggggggg time since a Mustang was something to fear.

But I know we will educate the general public, one car at a time.

That Snake on the side will bite all who are unwary...

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
" ...one car at a time. "

As my son's would say
Dude, thus it is spoken.

but, seriously, that guy did not know we were in 6th gear when he was in 4th. . After a couple more miles, just a little more confidence in the engine, and it's pulley and chip time -- screw the warranty. Need ( as in NEED) to be able to smoke the tires in tight quarters. Just another 50-60 HP.
JW

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
HP is like nicotine or smack, man. "A little more wont hurt, it'll be fun, I can stop anytime I want to."

I want a Kenne Bell so bad I can taste it. If I can't smoke the tires in this car just by going WOT in third gear, it won't be enough HP.

There, my particluar jones is out there for all the world to see. I'm sure that's enough HP to keep me happy.:burnout:

Last edited:

ntechnic

Established Member
Thank God horsepower is not a controlled substance, otherwise I'd be in a 12-step program. I can see it now,

INTERIOR basement of a non-descript neighborhood church, a man stands up and walks up to the beat up old podium. He speaks:

MAN:
"My name is Richard, and I'm a Horse Power addict."

CROWD:
"HI RICHARD!"

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Obscure reference to confession, or 12 step program..

John"Hi everybody, my name is John!"

Everybody"Hi John"

John"I slipped a little this week, and installed the TR-6's gapped at .40"

Everybody"That's ok, John. We know it's not always easy to leave it alone. Share with us what led to this slip"

John"You know, I had time on my hands, credit on the mastercard, and a dyno graph that didn't go over 400 RWHP."

John's sponsor"We know what that's like, John. The next time you head for that 24hr parts store, give me a call. We'll try to talk about what's causing these urges, and how to avoid changing every damn part on your car, before it's too late. You have a chance to save your family, your house and your credit rating if you can learn a little control now. We'll help you through it"

John sits back down and breaks out in a cold sweat as the next person talks about his header install.. Headers, yeah. that's what's next.....

James, it's just my imagination runnning away with me. I have to live in my head a little, or the girlfriend will leave, the house would be a store room for parts, and I'd have no place to put my guitars and amps....

I am exercizing the self control that years of training instilled in me. Now I'm gonna go out back and use that training for stress relief, and beat the crap outta sumpin'

Oh, and finish cleaning my K & N, wouldn't want to go to the dyno with a dirty filter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread