SoCal Dyno Day / Fun in Camarillo

03_Snake

Established Member
Postban's Blankie Mod

Hey guys,

I hooked up with James over at the location last Saturday. We were both relieved that neither of us had the time to wash our Cobras prior to showing up. Mind you -- I certainly wanted to! hahah

Anyway, I have done the blanket mod and have enough of the "Trim Lock" material for James and probably 2 others. I'll just ask for a share of the expense of the material and will be happy to show you how I did it.

Sounds like we're gonna have a good day!

03_Snake

Established Member
No sig on my last post?????

Wassup with that? I thought it was automatic? I've got "Show Signature" checked on the posting page.

Hmmmmm..

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
"jwalker - Ill probably be a spectator.
bosko"

Cool, maybe you will get the urge... Look forward to seeing you there.

I am going to be posting that 5.0 mag might stop by to see the bunch of Cobras dyno. They happened to hear arout it. If you know anyone cranking BIG numbers on a 2003, let them know.
JW

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
OK -- that does it on the hood blanket mod stuff for 3/22
That is unless someone else has some more to get rid of.

What's next? Everybody want to trim antennas? ha ha
Anybody coming done it already? I can bring the dremel and black paint if someone else will bring the superglue :burnout:

JW

Originally posted by ntechnic
Yeah, I'll buy that for $5!

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Joe
A check in the mail, please. Good to hear from you.

Note to anyone communicating with JHWalker ---

I will not be checking messages until tonight (Wed.)
JW

"Do you have a paypal accoiunt or do you prefer to get the check in the mail?

Thanks,

Joe [/B][/QUOTE]

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Thanks jdub03 -- look forward to meeting you.

Other SoCal owners,

Dyno, A/F, food, drink (apparently some varieties), hood blanket mods, maybe getting your antenna chopped off (ha ha), meeting a bunch of loonies... What more could you ask for?
JW

ntechnic

Established Member
Hey all, for those that didn't see the thread, I got rear ended in my Cobra Wednesday night. The Toyota MR2 that hit me slid under my rear bumper (Crushing my 10 day old Magnaflow exhaust!) and my rear differential took the brunt of the hit. When I posted Wednesday night, I thought I was uninjured. I woke up in the middle of the night with a bad headache and back pain. Hopital, ortho doc, long story short I have a concussion and sprained back. Feel like dog cr*p right now.

I'll be much better by Dyno Day. I WILL be there along with my wife, but I may need some of you to help lift the cooler out of the Navigator, etc.

Don't know if the Cobra will be there. It doesn't look like there is any damage to the diff or frame, but I won't know until Monday. Even still, it needs a new rear valance, gas tank, and exhaust, and paint on the back.

But fear not, I paid my $75 and I will dyno something! Maybe we could run a bet pool on what rwhp the Navigator lays down. Don't laugh, it's a 5.4L quad-cam!

ntechnic

Established Member
In response to some PM's, yes, I really intend to dyno the Navigator if my Cobra's still in the shop. What the hell, something different.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
It was good to meet a bunch of you guys at LACR.
We need a couple more Cobras for 3/22. I have NOT received assurance that 5.0 Mustang is going to document it, so we may or may not get our 15 seconds of fame. The more of us that will be there, the more likely that it will be worth covering.

Maoun and I (and my 16 year old) are going to go out this weekend and clean up around the area and layout the plan for the tables, food, etc. We will post a planned time before Saturday in case anyone wants to join in.
JW

maoun

Established Member
jhwalker, send me a pm to talk about when we should go out....i'm in mexico for a SCORE off-roading race (i work with SCORE as a checkpoint official) for some of the days.

thanks
marwane.

Users who are viewing this thread