SoCal Dyno Day / Fun in Camarillo

jdub03

Established Member
Sweet:-D

If there is still room count me in. Live in Oxnard, work in Camarillo. I did not even realize there was a local dyno:lol:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
If I get my tranny issues solved by then I'll go.

When do you need payment or can we pay when we show up? I'm sure you understand that I don't want to commit any $$ until I'm 100% that my car will be up to snuff. Additionally will this dyno read higher or lower than Swansons? Worst case scenario I'll show up just to hang out.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Great! Look forward to seeing your car.

I will do a clean post regarding details this weekend.
JW

Originally posted by jdub03
Sweet:-D

If there is still room count me in. Live in Oxnard, work in Camarillo. I did not even realize there was a local dyno:lol:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Look forward to meeting you. Looks like we will have the minimum number locked tight by this Friday, so I'll add you as a 'probably be there, maybe dyno'.
Should be some fun!
I don't know Swansons, but this event should give us a way to 'calibrate and rate' this BottleBlownRacing dyno facility in general. Ease of use, high/low, quality of output, blah blah
I will post a new 'Details' thread this weekend.
JW

Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
If I get my tranny issues solved by then I'll go.

When do you need payment or can we pay when we show up? I'm sure you understand that I don't want to commit any $$ until I'm 100% that my car will be up to snuff. Additionally will this dyno read higher or lower than Swansons? Worst case scenario I'll show up just to hang out.

Last edited:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakin 69
count me in

Great to have you in. I have not been able to get a good comparison between this dyno and the dynojet. I've been here one time, and have never been to a dynojet.

From some pictures I saw of a dynojet, they both look pretty industrial-strength.
Anyone have a good answer?

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
ttt
this has to be the most active forum I have ever seen...

So Cal owners,
there is room for more cars. Mapquest.com will give you mileage and directions to this place.
JW

ntechnic

Established Member
JH, didn't you say something about BBQ grills, picnic tables and the like? If there are, then I'd volunteer to bring enough hot dogs, buns, and cold soda to feed up to 30 people.

Lets make this a SoCal Dyno Social!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
JH,

Ill more than likely be there. 50/50 about dynoing, but Ill know more in a day or so.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by ntechnic
JH, didn't you say something about BBQ grills, picnic tables and the like? If there are, then I'd volunteer to bring enough hot dogs, buns, and cold soda to feed up to 30 people.

Lets make this a SoCal Dyno Social!

Thank you very much!
I'm all for it. It's not Disneyland, but there is some grass and a grill ha ha . I'll drive out there this weekend and check space, talk to Mark and prepare him for the invasion. My wife caught whiff of this thread and is threatening to drive out and see what we are up to. Very scary....
:)
JW

03_Snake

Established Member
Perhaps I can meet you there...?

JW,

If you're driving out, maybe I can hook up with you there -- depending on what time you arrive. I live really close. I have to run my son around a bit, but it might work out.

Originally posted by jhwalker
...I'll drive out there this weekend....
JW

ntechnic

Established Member
JH, my check is going out this weekend. I've got a mondo ice chest, but no way it will fit in the Cobra. I'll probably have to have my wife follow in the Navigator. That way I can bring the big cooler (I mean it's Soprano's body disposing big!).

Hey, I wonder what the Navigator is putting to the rear wheels, hm...maybe.

I'll also bring a few veggie burger patties and fixin's. This is after all, SoCal, might a few non-meat eaters in the crowd!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Sooo how many kegs can I put us down for?:beer:

Last edited:

maoun

Established Member
come on guys! let's get in there and sign up!!!!!! we gotta pull a lotta sign-ups for this to work!

we'll also have info about getting involved with SoCal SVTOA if anybody wants it...i'm on the board over there!

marwane.

maoun

Established Member
will everybody in LA PLEASE join us....i want a HUGE turn out, come on....and you get good food, great cars, what could be better?

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Uh, being a rook at these dyno days I'm not sure of the protocol -- for myself, I don't mix too many fun things at one time. I get in too much trouble. If we can still stand the sight of each other after the day is over :burn: we should wander over to a nearby watering hole and look at video.
JW
QUOTE]Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake Sooo how many kegs can I put us down for?:beer: [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
so how many are we sitting at right now james?

Feel pretty good about 8-9 Cobras being there and a couple of others are thinking it over. I have 1 other committed non-Cobra, and one probable.
Since we are still 3 weeks away, seems reasonable to get a few more Cobras involved before non-Cobras start locking in.

I will do the hood blanket mod on my car that day -- and without buying more material, there is material for 2 more cars.

thanks for your support on the event,
JW

maoun

Established Member
i also want to do the hood blanket mod...so should i buy materials ahead of time or what? if so, what do i need to get

thanks
marwane.

Users who are viewing this thread