SoCal Dyno Day / Fun in Camarillo

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
SoCal Dyno Day / Fun in Camarillo -- A Go

This page is NOW OUT OF DATE
Go to
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33853 for the latest info. thanks James

For $75 per car, up to 3 pulls with A/F on a Superflow 840 Dual Eddy Current & MoTec Wideband AutoDyn Chassis Dyno. Capacities exceed 1000+ hp and 200 mph (should cover us ...)
LOCATION 167 Aviador, Camarillo CA 93012
See http://www.bottleblownracing.com for details on the shop, and how to get there. (Exit on Central Ave, it's on the ocean side of the freeway, back towards LA on Ventura ave (st?)

Bring a floppy disk and an additional $5.00 if you want your numbers copied off to take home and analyze. A print out of your best run will be given to you.

A couple of us (volunteers gladly accepted) will help with the administrative paperwork -- waivers, etc -- so we let the Mark, the owner, focus on the dyno testing and noise making.

JW

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Sounding off...I am in. [Now to get a bung welded in ASAP...]

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> I look forward to meeting you.

Ditto. I am also bringing in an '00 GT for good measure...

ntechnic

Established Member
Count me in, I'll prepay. I'm installing my Magnaflow X-pipe (w/cats) and cat-back this Tuesday (thanks for tilting me over the edge with the awsome sound of your car ox03--I hope mine sounds as good), so I'll get a bung welded the same day.

I'm also installing the WMS CAI I just received.

By the way, SoCalTerminators.com is NOT dead. I'm working 18/7 for a major client right now and don't have time for anything for a little while. I do have discussion software, I just need to build the pages for it, and paying work has to come first.

In the meantime, I have a logo, or at least an idea for a logo. I'll have one of my graphics wizard putting pro touches on it for a polished look. But at least tell me what you think:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Good to hear from you. You had mentioned you were buried in work right now. Look forward to meeting you.
I'm easy -- I like the look.
JW

Originally posted by ntechnic
Count me in, I'll prepay. I'm installing my Magnaflow X-pipe (w/cats) and cat-back this Tuesday (thanks for tilting me over the edge with the awsome sound of your car ox03--I hope mine sounds as good), so I'll get a bung welded the same day.

I'm also installing the WMS CAI I just received.

By the way, SoCalTerminators.com is NOT dead. I'm working 18/7 for a major client right now and don't have time for anything for a little while. I do have discussion software, I just need to build the pages for it, and paying work has to come first.

In the meantime, I have a logo, or at least an idea for a logo. I'll have one of my graphics wizard putting pro touches on it for a polished look. But at least tell me what you think:

03DOHC

Established Member
Sweet! You guys will have lots of fun with that many people there.:beer:

03_Snake

Established Member
Hey guys, count me in!

ox03 brought this to my attention on another thread. I live about 10 minutes away from this place.

Also, my buddy I went canyon running with last weekend, wants to bring his twin turbo Porsche. He has a call into them to see if they can handle all wheel drive. If so, we have one more.

03_Snake

Established Member
Can we do mods in between pulls?

I'm thinkin, why not order the Magnaflow cat-back and get the parts for Postban's intake I want and bolt them on in between pulls. I know it is customary to take the average of 3 or more pulls with the same stuff, but if possible, it would be great to see the immediate differences in setup.

Do you think that anything like this will be possible? I imagine at the very least that there will be some cool-down time between pulls -- leaving the car strapped onto the dyno I would assume.

Waddiya think?

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
I think if we get a decent- sized group going there we should be in a position to mix it up a little. Like, I will not want to subject my car to 3 pulls unless there is some reason to believe that the 3rd pull would differ (apart from being lower from heat) from the first two.

After we get enough responses to lock in the date, we can put a game-plan together and get the owner in the loop. He wants this to be good for us, and knows we will be documenting the day.
It would be great to get some upgrade and 'mini-tuning' data recorded same day.
JW

El Relampago

Established Member
You can count me in, although I may have someone else take my car since I need to be in SD by 3pm. What kind of A/F meter do they have (i.e. bung or tailpipe)?

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakin 69
did we get an answer on the A/F method?
or any further news?

Just talked to Mark at BottleBlownRacing. He can measure either way. Now I am sorta quoting him, so anyone else feel free to jump in --- he said the properly placed bung will give a more accurate A/F reading than the tailppe sniffer because of the proximity to the engine and being in front of the cats. (ducking now)

While I'm yakking, CALLING ALL OTHER SoCal 2003's. I want to lock in the dyno times for the 2003 Cobras (similiar setup) and get a reading for how many other folks can join in and test behind us.

thanks
JW

Users who are viewing this thread