so I got a little offended...

Spade

Established Member
I was trying to sell my car last year with 16K miles and the mods listed in my sig and was offered 15k. Yes I was offened for about day but then I found out the guy was a sales manager for a dealership and that made me feel not as bad. I know my asking price was about 3k high but I thought what the hell you never know.

Generally speaking people want to give you pennies for your item and turn around and sell that same item as if it was a one of kind. I understand people want to make a buck but some are just a little off their rocker. If I would have sold my car to the sales manager for his offering price I have no doubt in my mind my car would have been on his lot for for 22-23k and that's what I would have taken for the car.

Hold out and maybe you'll get your asking price if not keep the car and move on.

Peace!

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
LOL damn dude, your nuts! i think $8k is great offer, and $6k-$6.5k would be about right.

in fact, i noticed someone mentioned kelley blue book earlier, so i took it on my behalf to plug your numbers in. i tried to make this as favorable as possible, 1993 mustang cobra, in showroom condition(LOL, sure), 141000 miles... $4665 in excellent condition, $4240 good, and $3590 fair. don't even mention your bolt ons, because - as was mentioned earlier - they really don't add any value. especially on a 141k mile car!

Yea but you also can't go by KBB either on fox bodys much less a FB cobra.

Nice foxes are way above KBB.

It's a meet in the middle thing depending on condition.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
That might be the most ridiculous asking price I've seen on this site.

Why do people always think their cars are worth so much? Does the OP not realize how many miles 141k really is?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just looking for ops, not jokes, 8k is crazy, I'm not looking to get the money I have in it out of it... Yea new bbbb, I've sold before never got offered $3500 less then asking price, a friendly pm or something saying hey it might not be worth that... Here's what I think it's worth... Would be cool...

Sorry, but you are way wrong in your thinking. First off, your car really isn't worth what you're asking. Second, the $8K offer was just that, an offer. It happens all the time but you're taking it as an insult. So the person making the offer wasn't/isn't wrong at all. YOU are wrong in how you reacted. Lastly, are you serious in expecting a "friendly PM of some sort" rather than a person just making a lower offer? Sorry, but the guy who made the offer did absolutely nothing wrong. If you didn't like the offer, just say 'no'. By the way, your posting this thread will just about kill any chance of you selling your car to an SVTP member. :dw: :shrug:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Sorry, but you are way wrong in your thinking. First off, your car really isn't worth what you're asking. Second, the $8K offer was just that, an offer. It happens all the time but you're taking it as an insult. So the person making the offer wasn't/isn't wrong at all. YOU are wrong in how you reacted. Lastly, are you serious in expecting a "friendly PM of some sort" rather than a person just making a lower offer? Sorry, but the guy who made the offer did absolutely nothing wrong. If you didn't like the offer, just say 'no'. By the way, your posting this thread will just about kill any chance of you selling your car to an SVTP member. :dw: :shrug:

Posting this thread isn't hurting his chances of selling anything anywhere. It's his ridiculous asking price vs. what it is that's hurting his chances

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Very well that's all I was asking for thank you. I think I'll keep it unless I run across a teal for a deal, thanks for all the real feedback

Why don't you just build the motor/trans and enjoy it. Sounds like a nice ride. You're NEVER going to get the money that you put into your car- not unless it's an AC Cobra or maybe a Cobra R..... but a 93? Sorry bro reality sucks. 8k would be a gift.

boatcop1

Established Member
OP, I have to agree with most on here, that 8k offer was gold man! 141K miles! Cobra or not that's too many miles on a boosted stock 5.0 bottom end. Let alone the wear and tear of 141k miles on other componants of the car. You did not provide pictures of the car. The economy is in the tank and your trying to sell a ticking time bomb 18 year old car for more than the market says it's worth?!

Build that bish and enjoy it, man I would love to have another Fox.

Not seeing the car i cannot tell you what i think it's worth but it's below your asking price. Good luck.

Monster Mach

Established Member
**** if you get 11k for that car pm me.. ill sell my mach for 20k way more rare and less miles..

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
Oh I'm sorry didn't know we were English majors on here. Thanks for your useless post. $6500? Rollers go for 4-5k

4-5k for a roller.,.....:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: roller go for $500-2k around here, back in 07 I paid $9800 for a bolt on 01 camaro ss fully optioned SLP car in PERFECT condition with 115k on it, no way in hell your fox is worth more than that. I would've offered you $5k tops and loled in your face if you didnt take it

teal_93

Established Member
4-5k for a roller.,.....:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: roller go for $500-2k around here, back in 07 I paid $9800 for a bolt on 01 camaro ss fully optioned SLP car in PERFECT condition with 115k on it, no way in hell your fox is worth more than that. I would've offered you $5k tops and loled in your face if you didnt take it

Show me a 93 cobra roller for $500-2k

boduke0220

Established Member
Why the hell would you get offended that someone offered you less than what YOU think your car is worth? Most buyers aren't interested in reimbursing you for the money you've put into a car, it's worth what the market says it worth (or what someone's willing to pay for it, which ever comes first).

If you don't like the offer, say no and move on. If you are consistently getting "insulting" offers....maybe the problem is your asking price, not the potential buyers offer.

Regardless, I've never understood why people get upset when someone offers a low amount on something. Life is a negotiation......

Yep, for the most part mods don't add value. (Blower adds a little) but what I see is a 93 with 141K with boltons and blower on a stock motor with 141K on it.

I'm not giving 11.5 for that, sorry.

Unless you left out a built motor that I'm not seeing and even then I'm not giving 11.5

Sorry man.

+1

/thread

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Show me a 93 cobra roller for $500-2k

Show us one for 4-5K. :shrug:

Why would anyone spend $4-5K on a "cobra" roller when you can buy a 4cyl-GT ? You're gonna replace 78% of the parts on any of the cars. A very, very, select few might actually care about it being a "cobra". Those guys probably target low mile stockers. IMO $8k was fair, obviously you have an emotional attachment to the car so keep it.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Yea 141k will have rough interior.. and the holes are for a tac.. someone wants a roller they arnt going to bring it back to stock most of the time... dash is also cheap for that...

This is here just to piss you off :)

Users who are viewing this thread