so I got a little offended...

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
What kind of car are we talking about here? A 93 what? Coupe/LX/GT?

Anything less than a really, really, really clean Cobra and you're way out of the ballpark for asking that much. You'd have a better chance of hitting close to that number if you parted it out and sold the car and mods individually.

JasonSnake

Established Member
OP, you should put yourself in a bank's shoes for a minute. Would you finance a 93 Mustang with 141k miles for 11k to a customer? Does the bank really care about bolt-on's?

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Dude, $11,5 is incredibly high. My neighbor just sold his with less miles for $9,2

7.62x51

Established Member
47732953_ec7f_e023.jpg

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Since you're asking....

A) I wouldn't buy a Cobra with 141k miles, especially if it's repainted.

B) It's a special type of car and needs someone willing to pay more for it due to the mods. To anyone else it's just a ragged out higher mileage car with extra junk on it that they have no clue if it's done right or on its last leg.

C) Take the $8k and cut your losses

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Just looking for ops, not jokes, 8k is crazy, I'm not looking to get the money I have in it out of it... Yea new bbbb, I've sold before never got offered $3500 less then asking price, a friendly pm or something saying hey it might not be worth that... Here's what I think it's worth... Would be cool...

OP, you have a pm :poke:

USMarksman91

Banned
Wow man i would have definitely taken that 8k offer, in this economy especially. I was looking to buy a fox body again before i bought my cobra, my cobra i bought for around 10k, has 60k miles, is absolutely beautiful, and has 370 whp, and runs high 11's. Fr500 rims, i mean 11500 that is completely off the chain i wouldn't have even given you 8k for that car maybe 6500. But hey, good luck, try and find that guy who offered 8, maybe tell him 8500, but your lucky if you do!'

I also got an incredible deal on my car, and had to pay another grand to ship it, good luck man 93 cobras are cool cars but people dont want to spend the money on fox bodys, they just aren't refined like the newer ones, at all.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
LOL damn dude, your nuts! i think $8k is great offer, and $6k-$6.5k would be about right.

in fact, i noticed someone mentioned kelley blue book earlier, so i took it on my behalf to plug your numbers in. i tried to make this as favorable as possible, 1993 mustang cobra, in showroom condition(LOL, sure), 141000 miles... $4665 in excellent condition, $4240 good, and $3590 fair. don't even mention your bolt ons, because - as was mentioned earlier - they really don't add any value. especially on a 141k mile car!

Users who are viewing this thread