so I got a little offended...

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Sorry man, but you got a pretty realistic offer.

Here is a link to Cgoeshel's 26k mile car, almost immaculate, and he sold it for 11k. It would have brought more but at one point it had been I believe it had been repainted after the fenders and bumper were replaced. It was a clean title car. It was chosen by Hemmings to do a National article about the 93' Cobra. It was also chosen by Ford to be a representation of the 93 Cobra at the FFF Knottsberry show.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cobras-buy-sell-244/680749-fs-93-cobra.html

Hemmings Motor News: 1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

127201-500-0.jpg

127207-500-0.jpg

1993cobra005.jpg

Last edited:

teal_93

Established Member
that is a very sharp car, the only reason it went so low is cause it got hit in the front if he still had vin tags intact, the car would of been in the 17k range, am I right?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
that is a very sharp car, the only reason it went so low is cause it got hit in the front if he still had vin tags intact, the car would of been in the 17k range, am I right?

Possibly, and if your car had the original seats and 100k less miles it would be worth 11-12k. :shrug:

His drivetrain was completely stock, and his interior was as close to a 10 as I have seen in years.

Here is a Vibrant Red, 38k original mile car with some mods. This car was also another great example and he lowered his asking to $14k and sold the car.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...red-38k-original-miles-perfect-condition.html

Last edited:

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
OP your car is a lot like my car. Its pretty , clean , modded and worth way more to me than it would likely ever be to anyone else. If someone came along with more money than brains though Im all ears lol.

jspalmer01

Established Member
WOW....after I read a number of posts here I thought this was the "Smack Down Cafe". Give the OP a break. He has a really nice 93 Cobra just modded up and higher mileage. Being an original 93 Cobra owner, knowing 93's a little bit, and considering todays market/economy (the big factor), somewhere in the 8-9K range is fair. 93 Cobras that are stock, or close to stock, and with lower mileage still bring decent money today. In the end it's wherever you feel comfortable selling that matters.

I get a kick out of some folks who like to inject the "my car is better than yours" argument into the mix on a thread. Please!!!!! Fox bodies put the Mustang back on the map for Ford in terms of performance back in the late 80's and early 90's. They are not as refined as the current day offerings but they were afforadable performance for their time and the 93 Cobra was the pinnacle for the era. They are unique and highly sought after Mustangs; they only made 5100 of them. And for those who use the standard internet NADA, Blue Book, or Edmunds to value "specialty" cars you are using the wrong source. The specialty car valuation guides determine the real pricing for 93 Cobras and they will generally always bring more than what the online internet pricing states. As soon as this economy turns around look for the 93's to jump in value.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
WOW....after I read a number of posts here I thought this was the "Smack Down Cafe". Give the OP a break. He has a really nice 93 Cobra just modded up and higher mileage. Being an original 93 Cobra owner, knowing 93's a little bit, and considering todays market/economy (the big factor), somewhere in the 8-9K range is fair. 93 Cobras that are stock, or close to stock, and with lower mileage still bring decent money today. In the end it's wherever you feel comfortable selling that matters.

I get a kick out of some folks who like to inject the "my car is better than yours" argument into the mix on a thread. Please!!!!! Fox bodies put the Mustang back on the map for Ford in terms of performance back in the late 80's and early 90's. They are not as refined as the current day offerings but they were afforadable performance for their time and the 93 Cobra was the pinnacle for the era. They are unique and highly sought after Mustangs; they only made 5100 of them. And for those who use the standard internet NADA, Blue Book, or Edmunds to value "specialty" cars you are using the wrong source. The specialty car valuation guides determine the real pricing for 93 Cobras and they will generally always bring more than what the online internet pricing states. As soon as this economy turns around look for the 93's to jump in value.

HIS CAR HAS 141K MILES AND HE'S ASKING 11.5K. Don't you get it?

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Around here you have to have THICK skin. Just get used to it. No matter what you do or what you say someone will make you think you are in the wrong.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I read all 1XX posts to this thread and tried to nicely say the car was not worth the 11.5K asking price. If you read closer I said 8-9K was fair. DO YOU GET IT?

I mainly based my post on your second paragraph saying that the Cobra was the shit, yest it was 18 yrs ago. Saying if the economy comes back, the price will go up, it doesnt matter when the car has 141K miles. That was my point.

Coiled03

Established Member
Clean car, OP, but no matter how you slice it, it's an 18 year old car with 141K on the clock. 8K is a damn good offer.

Users who are viewing this thread