so I got a little offended...

teal_93

Established Member
some of you know I posted my car here and corral, it didnt strike top much interest, besides people wanting pictures of it, the mods are sn2000 blower(no oil pan tap) upr power pipe,sub frame connectors,bbk fuel pressure regulator,msd ignition,eibach springs, maxium motorsports caster camber plates, toms hardened axels, 5 lug swap, newer brakes, 03 cobra seats front and back, oem 03 svt wheels 17x9, fenders rolled 275x40x17 on all four corners, the car has been repainted all vin tags still intact, msd blaster coil,pro 5.0 shifter,255lph fuel pump.... 141k miles new tires.... I got a 8k offer for it?!?!?! I would rather you slap me in the face then try to explain why you offered that, am I wrong here? is my car just not worth that much? or am I a victim of a low baller, tryin to make a buck off of me? will I got a little upset......I want some real feedback not a joke or something I want to know if im asking to much for the market or am I in the right spot? Im asking 11500

Last edited:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Why the hell would you get offended that someone offered you less than what YOU think your car is worth? Most buyers aren't interested in reimbursing you for the money you've put into a car, it's worth what the market says it worth (or what someone's willing to pay for it, which ever comes first).

If you don't like the offer, say no and move on. If you are consistently getting "insulting" offers....maybe the problem is your asking price, not the potential buyers offer.

Regardless, I've never understood why people get upset when someone offers a low amount on something. Life is a negotiation......

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Yep, for the most part mods don't add value. (Blower adds a little) but what I see is a 93 with 141K with boltons and blower on a stock motor with 141K on it.

I'm not giving 11.5 for that, sorry.

Unless you left out a built motor that I'm not seeing and even then I'm not giving 11.5

Sorry man.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Have you ever sold anything before?

You can ask at any price you want, but you have to realize what's a real and fair price.

teal_93

Established Member
Just looking for ops, not jokes, 8k is crazy, I'm not looking to get the money I have in it out of it... Yea new bbbb, I've sold before never got offered $3500 less then asking price, a friendly pm or something saying hey it might not be worth that... Here's what I think it's worth... Would be cool...

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Yep, for the most part mods don't add value. (Blower adds a little) but what I see is a 93 with 141K with boltons and blower on a stock motor with 141K on it.

I'm not giving 11.5 for that, sorry.

Unless you left out a built motor that I'm not seeing and even then I'm not giving 11.5

Sorry man.

agreed, first thing I looked for was a built motor/trans, otherwise I see a ticking time bomb with a motor looking for a rebuild. Based on the age I would more liekly be looking for a more stock vehicle, not one that someone has modded a ton and I have no idea how it has been treated the last 18 years.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
A '93 with 141k miles for $11.5k? You must be completely out of your mind. I would have taken that offer for $8k and ran away with a huge smile. I'd probably offer you $4k.

teal_93

Established Member
Very well that's all I was asking for thank you. I think I'll keep it unless I run across a teal for a deal, thanks for all the real feedback

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
gotta come down a bit bud lol.....i got $6k for my 97 Cobra with 130k miles.....good condition.....no way in hell your getting $11,5

Users who are viewing this thread