So I bought a C7 Corvette..

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Ladies and gentleman, after years of having owned mustangs I've decided to purchase a an M7- C7 Corvette Stingray. I've turned to "the dark side".

pE1va

http://imgur.com/a/pE1va

This decision came after having driven various mustangs/GT500's and then the C7. The level of balance and stock grip off the line is something I've never felt before with ANY mildly modded mustang I've ever driven. I can feel it weighing only 3,350 lbs (Manual 1lt) and it's simply awesome.

NOW, the only work I've done was lower the vehicle 4/10th of an inch by turning the stock bolts to their limit.

I'm rather inexperienced on the whole LS/LT modding platform and I'm beginning to educate myself on it.

On a side note, what is a great bang for the buck axle back for a NPP exhaust equipped C7? (Sub $1,500).

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Nice, i was at the chevy dealer with my brother this passed weekend. was very tempted to take home a white c7z 3lz z07 package. Had carbon roof and part of the hood, carbon brakes and racing seats. It was super nice. The price however wasnt. its a 2016 and they still wanted $106k. Lol, car is going to rot in the lot.
Now 20% off would've got me thinking.

Machdup1

Established Member
I'm rather inexperienced on the whole LS/LT modding platform and I'm beginning to educate myself on it.

On a side note, what is a great bang for the buck axle back for a NPP exhaust equipped C7? (Sub $1,500).

As far as modding goes, go to Virginia Speed's website and look at their NA packages for your car. It will give you an idea where to start. While they do great work, you on the wrong coast and need to find a local LSX expert.

The basic options are intake, exhaust, tune, heads and cam (some combination there of) or blower. Depends how fast you want to go and how much money you have. I would recommend a basic supercharger kit (and supporting mods).

http://www.virginiaspeed.com/c7-corvette-performance-packages

If you decide to go supercharger, call these guys, A&A, they are in Oxnard and are consider one of the best three choices for superchargers (A&A, ECS, Procharger). I believe they are also CARB compliant and understand the CA modding rules.

A & A Corvette Performance, Ltd.
477-A Lambert Street
Oxnard, CA 93036
Local: (805) 278-4107
Toll Free: (888) VETTEPRO

https://www.aacorvette.com/supercha...ct_info&cPath=136_137_138_139&products_id=437

"We produce the ONLY 50 State Legal centrifugal systems available as per C.A.R.B. EO# D-707-1"

BTW, I wouldn't recommend a Catback in CA, it is just one more thing they can hassle you over.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
OP is it Shark Grey?

Mother has one identical to yours.. m7 as well. They are bad ass machines for sure and the c7 interior is a nice upgrade over prior generations.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the color..
You took the exact words out of my mouth. LOL. I do love that color. Different.

OP, you're going to love your new Vette. I'm big time jealous. ;) Keep us posted as to how you're enjoying it, or if you do any mods besides exhaust.

stangfreak

Established Member
very nice car. I am also thinking of going to the dark side. Always wanted a vette. Time to retire the cobra. I had it since 03.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
As far as modding goes, go to Virginia Speed's website and look at their NA packages for your car. It will give you an idea where to start. While they do great work, you on the wrong coast and need to find a local LSX expert.

The basic options are intake, exhaust, tune, heads and cam (some combination there of) or blower. Depends how fast you want to go and how much money you have. I would recommend a basic supercharger kit (and supporting mods).

http://www.virginiaspeed.com/c7-corvette-performance-packages

If you decide to go supercharger, call these guys, A&A, they are in Oxnard and are consider one of the best three choices for superchargers (A&A, ECS, Procharger). I believe they are also CARB compliant and understand the CA modding rules.

A & A Corvette Performance, Ltd.
477-A Lambert Street
Oxnard, CA 93036
Local: (805) 278-4107
Toll Free: (888) VETTEPRO

https://www.aacorvette.com/supercha...ct_info&cPath=136_137_138_139&products_id=437

"We produce the ONLY 50 State Legal centrifugal systems available as per C.A.R.B. EO# D-707-1"

BTW, I wouldn't recommend a Catback in CA, it is just one more thing they can hassle you over.

Awesome information! You've been incredibly helpful!

Quik Z06

Established Member
Awesome! Welcome to the club. I've had a lot of cars over the years, but as you mentioned this is one of the best handling. Mine is a 14 Z51 3LT and I love it. As far as an exhaust, I have the Xtreme with black tips and I think it's sounds great. For power mods, hard to beat a blower. These LT motors love boost. I got the A&A kit going on in a few weeks, I cant wait!

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_9939.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread