snow meth inj

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
just curious of your your thoughts and experience withthe snow meth inj kits. I'm considering one for my non inter/after cooled vortech. i'm not looking to make more power, just to cool the intake charge a bit and make things safer till i forge the short block.

THAITED

Established Member
I have one but I disconnected it. A lot of tuner around my area won't even touch it so I just let it be.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
the best mod i ever did.. even in muscle mustang & fast fords this month they had a comparrison on water/meth and c16 race fuel and the results were the same and the meth kit would cost hundreds of dollars less every year.. people think by adding the kit u will gain power and thats not true u have to add timing and that is what gives u the power but it is done safe because the octane is equal to c16 race fuel

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
i love my snow kit no need for race fuel any more:banana: plus it cools your intake charge a lot and cleans the inside of your motor carbon etc...:beer:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
is it true that methanol is no good for aluminum parts? my tuner doesn't work with the meth kits but i'd really like to get one just to cool the intake charge a bit. i'm not looking to make much more hp till i get the shortblock forged.

crazycarlo

Established Member
most say to mount it before the TB however you can buy a dual nozzle setup and mount one before both if you want. Some people swear by them some wont touch them. There are enough people out there to know that the kits work.

Alot of ppl use the "what if I forget to remember to fill the tank" my outlook on that is then you shouldnt have the car in the first place. hopwever thats my op. Im interested in one because it can get you a cooler charge. An air to air will never be able to get you lawer then ambient temp. Not saying a meth kit will but it might. Im also looking into buying one.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
most say to mount it before the TB however you can buy a dual nozzle setup and mount one before both if you want. Some people swear by them some wont touch them. There are enough people out there to know that the kits work.

Alot of ppl use the "what if I forget to remember to fill the tank" my outlook on that is then you shouldnt have the car in the first place. hopwever thats my op. Im interested in one because it can get you a cooler charge. An air to air will never be able to get you lawer then ambient temp. Not saying a meth kit will but it might. Im also looking into buying one.

I agree about forgetting to fill the tank, my car rarely sees boost on the road as it is, and at the track if you can't remember to fill the tank you have some serious problems. plus i read that it takes a while to empty the tank. i would like to use one without tuning for now just for the safety factor of cooler air which would mean a lesser chance of detonation

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
I have been working with meth on my car for a while now. It works PERIOD. I can go into a long description of all of the headaches that methanol has saved me, but I've posted in other threads that are identical to this one.

Centri blower- After the blower, but before the IAT sensor and as close to the TB as possible.

Positive Displacement blower- before the blower (close to TB also) unless you have some sort of check valve that will stop the suction of meth from your reservoir. Also with the PD blowers make sure your IAT is mounted after the blower.

Very Important
When you tune with your methanol BEFORE the IAT, if you run out or your methanol stops pumping, your IAT will see the rise in temps and retard the timing.

If you run the meth after the IAT, it will not see the increase in temp and keep your timing advanced and possibly blow your motor.

Last edited:

DisposableHero

Established Member
Centri blower- After the blower, but before the IAT sensor and as close to the TB as possible.

Very Important
When you tune with your methanol BEFORE the IAT, if you run out or your methanol stops pumping, your IAT will see the rise in temps and retard the timing.

If you run the meth after the IAT, it will not see the increase in temp and keep your timing advanced and possibly blow your motor.

Is it safe to spray through the MAF that has the IAT inside?

randoo

Established Member
I have the kit and I like it. As far as running the tank dry I have two LED's,the green lights up when in boost and the red lights up when the tank is half empty.Snows sells the LED set up for arond $30-40.Well worth it.

monsterpost

Established Member
I have a Snow Performance stage 2 MAF boost cooler new in the box that I am going to be selling. Reason I'm selling I just feel into to a built motor that I just can't pass up so im selling some things to free up some money. Price $350 plus whatever it takes to ship it. Here is there web site. http://www.snowperformance.net/products.php?p_cat=324

The one I am selling has a 140psi pump where as the one on the site lists there pump at 150psi. I think that is the only difference. Mine is a year old I just never got around to installing it. You can email me for pics at [email protected]

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
Is it safe to spray through the MAF that has the IAT inside?

No it is not. If you spray the MAF, you will "extinguish" it's output. I don't know how many cars have the integrated MAF and IAT, but I do know that the Vettes do. I have heard of a couple Vettes that have popped because they ran dry and were tuned with the meth. Of course because of the MAF/IAT combo, the timing could not be retarded and detonation murdered the engines.

Like stated above, the low level indicator should definately be factored into your grand total for the W/M kit.

Users who are viewing this thread