snow meth inj

BM1

Established Member
I run the Snow stage 2 meth kit on my Mach. It's boost controlled so it's only spraying when I'm boosting and it's progressive. I have had great results with it using my Vortech V2 SC-Trim.

blownfox

Established Member
I will be runnign 9 lbs next summer and we only has 91-oct where I live. Will I benifit from a snow kit?

Thanks

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
i've heard performance shops doing tests before and after instaling snow performance. a few have only seen increase of 4 rwhp!

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I've heard that meth can be harsh on twin screw rotors, is their any truth to that?

yeah meth will eat the teflon off the rotors of the twinscrews. Also, I saw the guy that posted about the "forgot to fill my tank....shouldn't own the car in the first place if you do"....well its not always about that either. You're trusting your motor in the hands of a little nozzle and electric pump. If either of those mess up you could detonate your motor and blow it up (obviously worst case scenario). But compared to nitrous, you tune the car for nitrous..if you run out of nitrous or the nozzle clogs, then you run rich because your tuned for the extra NX....if you run out or meth or the pump quits on you, you run lean and BOOM!

just my .02

WDW MKR

Established Member
Meth can be installed with a number of failsafes if the user is worried about it (timing retard, pump run warning, etc). I would highly recommend one or more of them for the reasons already meantioned in this thread. It definitely requires some level of user attention. Same goes for nitrous setups. There are numbers of things that can go wrong with a car at any given time, including OEM parts. Nitrous system scan have a clogged fuel jet, failed fuel solenoid, stuck open N2O solenoid, intake backfire, etc. It's all part of the game we play.

BM1

Established Member
yeah meth will eat the teflon off the rotors of the twinscrews. Also, I saw the guy that posted about the "forgot to fill my tank....shouldn't own the car in the first place if you do"....well its not always about that either. You're trusting your motor in the hands of a little nozzle and electric pump. If either of those mess up you could detonate your motor and blow it up (obviously worst case scenario). But compared to nitrous, you tune the car for nitrous..if you run out of nitrous or the nozzle clogs, then you run rich because your tuned for the extra NX....if you run out or meth or the pump quits on you, you run lean and BOOM!

just my .02

When a methanol injection kit is properly installed it will be spraying before the IAT sensor allowing the ECU to keep track of current intake charge temperatures. A good tuner will include a provision in the tune to pull timing if the methanol stops working and IATs shoot through the roof (which they would immediately).

This becomes completely obvious while driving because the car will fall flat on its face when the meth stops spraying and the ECU pulls practically all of the timing out. Proper AFR monitoring via a good wideband is also necessity.

Bob at Kurgan Motorsports explained all of it to me, set up, and tuned my Vortech powered Mach with a Snow Stage II boost controlled meth system. I couldn't be happier with the setup.

www.kurganmotorsports.com

Last edited:

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
When a methanol injection kit is properly installed it will be spraying before the IAT sensor allowing the ECU to keep track of current intake charge temperatures. A good tuner will include a provision in the tune to pull timing if the methanol stops working and IATs shoot through the roof (which they would immediately).

This becomes completely obvious while driving because the car will fall flat on its face when the meth stops spraying and the ECU pulls practically all of the timing out. Proper AFR monitoring via a good wideband is also necessity.

Bob at Kurgan Motorsports explained all of it to me, set up, and tuned my Vortech powered Mach with a Snow Stage II boost controlled meth system. I couldn't be happier with the setup.

www.kurganmotorsports.com

^ +100

Now if you make you FI setup totally dependent on Methanol for your A/F rather than just the timing, then you also run a chance of blowing the engine. By not running a nozzle larger than what you need to see "good" IATs and keeping your A/F in a more safe zone like 11.8-12.0, then you should be good even without a failsafe for the pump. Methanol is very predictable and easy to understand if your have any mechanical knowledge.

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
Besides being able to pull timing, there are provisions in some computer strategies that will let you add fuel if your meth system fails. I don't know exactly which ECU have this, but I know that mine does, and it's a 93, so I would venture to guess that the newer ECU's also have this. A good tuner can set it up to add fuel and pull timing.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
I heard that the kit rusts out your heads.

Corrosion, not rust. that said, i'm still doing it

i've heard performance shops doing tests before and after instaling snow performance. a few have only seen increase of 4 rwhp!

That's because Methanol by itself, wont give you any real gains. what it does is enable you to increase power by advancing timing . same effect as race gas. it also drops IAT's big time

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
fine for twin screws also there is no coating on kb super chargers according to kb and wont harm anything since when it enters the sc it will be a mist and also kb recommends and approves w/m kits dont believe me call them i swear by the w/m kit i love my snow stage 2 on my 1.5 kb cools the charge big time:banana:

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
This what my engine sounds like now after my meth line burst making a pass at the track running 13psi. My IAT is in the maf and was spraying after the maf. If I had know that the iat should be after the nozzle then I think my engine would be fine. My tuner never said I need a new IAT. I'm in the process of fixing the engine myself.
th_100_2530.jpg

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
This what my engine sounds like now after my meth line burst making a pass at the track running 13psi. My IAT is in the maf and was spraying after the maf. If I had know that the iat should be after the nozzle then I think my engine would be fine. My tuner never said I need a new IAT. I'm in the process of fixing the engine myself.
th_100_2530.jpg

every customer i sell meth to or tune with meth is told to relocate their IAT about 6-12inches after the meth nozzle.. if the IAT is built into the MAF, they are told to purchase a lightning IAT and mount it... then, if this happens, the timing is pulled and fuel is added via the program.

WDW MKR

Established Member

Ouch. What cause the line failure and what kind of line material was it?

Users who are viewing this thread