snow meth inj

wy3134

Established Member
i plan on going with a meth injection stage 2 kit this winter... hopefully it allows me to avoid race fuel, if not at least its worthwhile for lowering IAT temps and thus not worrying as much about heat soak. I will definetely be going back to Bob Kurgan to have the car tuned.

idk what kind of lines come with the kit but i plan on going ahead and upgrading them to either fragola or equivalent fuel line.

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
I don't know why it burst. It was the line supplied with my kit.

Poly or SS? The poly lines are definitely susceptible to heat damage from even just radiant header heat. I melted one of mine and caught it before using the system. I eventually plan to swap to stainless. Did a line fail or separate from a fitting?

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Poly or SS? The poly lines are definitely susceptible to heat damage from even just radiant header heat. I melted one of mine and caught it before using the system. I eventually plan to swap to stainless. Did a line fail or separate from a fitting?

Blew a hole in it about 6" from the nozzle. It would be poly. I will be upgrading to the SS line for sure. I gaot the kit so I don't have to buy race fuel. Right now I feel like I should have just kept using the race fuel. I just wish the tuner had installed a new IAT after the nozzle. They had just installed a cage, return fuel setup, custom cams and new valve springs. 6 months to get all that stuff installed and 1 weekend at the track for it to screw up.

SonicStang03

Established Member
ok well this might sound really really dumb but what is the meth injection. i know that u spray it into you intake to drastically lower temps which helps make higher boost. i know all that but what is it? what goes in the tank and how fast does it burn? is it anything like nitrous where you have to keep filling it? and is it on all the time or just at the flip of a switch? it seems that it would be on all the time but i just want to make sure. im jw cause i hear that its a very good idea to throw onto my setup

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Where do you get the stainless steel lines for the snow performance kit? I didn't see anything on their site.

Also, those with 03 Cobras running a JLT high boost intake... where are you mounting your nozzles?

THAITED

Established Member
I have use methanol before and my engine blew up (not because of it but the tuner was sucks he added too much timing). When they tear the engine apart, they said it looked in good shape no carbon deposit or etcs except for the piston rings that failed.

scubasteve22

Established Member
Blew a hole in it about 6" from the nozzle. It would be poly. I will be upgrading to the SS line for sure. I gaot the kit so I don't have to buy race fuel. Right now I feel like I should have just kept using the race fuel. I just wish the tuner had installed a new IAT after the nozzle. They had just installed a cage, return fuel setup, custom cams and new valve springs. 6 months to get all that stuff installed and 1 weekend at the track for it to screw up.

no offense but it sounds like the tuner wasnt %100 confident with working on/tuning ur car with what u were workin with..if he wasnt sure about something then he shouldent put his shops name with it...sorry it happened and hope the SS lines work out for u!

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member

I found out today that the line that blew was not the line from the kit.
I don't understand why they used the hose in this link on my car.
http://fluid-power.globalspec.com/SpecSearch/PartSpecs?VID=93475&Comp=2212&PartId={72dcde52-195e-41b1-b73e-5011f889f1b2}I know my kit was a fender mount kit and was supposed to be installed where the battery was. They installed it in the trunk. My kit came with 10' of hose and they used that line in the link to make up the difference. It cost me my engine.

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I just had the AIS Stage 2 with boost controller installed on my 96 we will see the difference when it gets tuned.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Registration RequiredI know my kit was a fender mount kit and was supposed to be installed where the battery was. They installed it in the trunk. My kit came with 10' of hose and they used that line in the link to make up the difference. It cost me my engine.

Can't see the pics without registering.

DisposableHero

Established Member
Registration RequiredI know my kit was a fender mount kit and was supposed to be installed where the battery was. They installed it in the trunk. My kit came with 10' of hose and they used that line in the link to make up the difference. It cost me my engine.

Who is THEY?

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Sorry about that. This is the info on the hose they used.
TIUB Series -- TIUB07
SPECIFICATIONS

Type Plastic
Material Polyurethane

Outside Diameter (inch) ? to 0.250
Inside Diameter (inch) 0.167
Wall Thickness (inch)
Shape Round
Performance Specifications
Rated Pressure (psi) 116
Maximum Vacuum (in Hg vac)
Minimum Bend Radius (inch) 23.00
Temperature Range (F) -4 to 140

Application
General Purpose; Compressed Air; Water
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Polyurethane tubing, metric size

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
The hose that was used and blew was not the hose that came in the kit. Had it been the hose that comes in the kit my engine would be just fine. I have bought the stainless steel hose myself.

MKurpicski

Established Member
I agree about forgetting to fill the tank, my car rarely sees boost on the road as it is, and at the track if you can't remember to fill the tank you have some serious problems. plus i read that it takes a while to empty the tank. i would like to use one without tuning for now just for the safety factor of cooler air which would mean a lesser chance of detonation

I can tell you from experience. IT'S EASY TO DRAIN A BOTTLE!!! I've gone through a 1/2 bottle, filled up at the track and been down to the bottom by the end of a track rental day.

MKurpicski

Established Member
I agree about forgetting to fill the tank, my car rarely sees boost on the road as it is, and at the track if you can't remember to fill the tank you have some serious problems. plus i read that it takes a while to empty the tank. i would like to use one without tuning for now just for the safety factor of cooler air which would mean a lesser chance of detonation

I can tell you from experience. IT'S EASY TO DRAIN A BOTTLE!!! I've gone through a 1/2 bottle, filled up at the track and been down to the bottom by the end of a track rental day.

mk

Users who are viewing this thread