SLOFIVO 2013 GHIG GT Build thread

Nuar

Established Member
I have only one word to describe this thread... INSPIRATION... wow man. awesome build. Good luck with the car!

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Tonight's pictures

9wAMXzy.jpg

j52Jcp7.jpg

Tlf3Ywv.jpg

pG4VPqK.jpg

evil281

Established Member
CONGRATS! Sounds smooth as stock! Job well done!

Right?! It does sound smooth as stock. I was half expecting it to explode at start up. I have never done this kind of work before lol. Luckily blazer had a great write up on the OPG and Kevin helped out on the vmp kit.

I drove it around a bit today to monitor the temps and make the cooling system was functioning 100%. Got on the throttle once or twice. Wow this is going to be a fun car.

evil281

Established Member
Dam thats a big pulley! Love that color, sweet car!

Lol thanks man. 82mm for now on shitty az 91. Already had some knocking on my first datalog. So much for "top tier" gas stations.

I have an e85 station 1/2 mile from my house. Justin already gave me a tune for that too. May drop down to a 79mm if all goes well on e85.

evil281

Established Member
Small update:

I switched to E85 this last week and the car is just a whole new monster. My data logs are looking great too.

I also got a chance to install an Aeroforce interceptor.
A7FC1136-23A2-45E8-8907-D41D905F7C6D.jpg

evil281

Established Member
Just saw the coolant reservoir, green? I thought our cars use the red/orange stuff

O Reilly's brand. Seems to be working just fine. My temps are great. The red/orange is what the factory recommends but that doesn't mean you have to use their reco.

Cyclerick

Established Member
Great progress. I had a feeling the OPG were going to take awhile. I am thinking of doing them in December. I can stop buy tomorrow after the football game. Looks like next up is the intercooler.

Here are some of the OPG install pictures.
passenger side cam view
View attachment 50595

drivers side cam view
View attachment 50596

View attachment 50594

View attachment 50597

View attachment 50598

I am glad I could help out and come over. I learned quite a bit I wish I would have done the OPG when I did my VMP install. Now I have to take all that crap out again.

Be sure to install billet crank gears when you're doing the OPGs.

Cyclerick

Established Member
O Reilly's brand. Seems to be working just fine. My temps are great. The red/orange is what the factory recommends but that doesn't mean you have to use their reco.

I spoke to a Prestone tech and they make the Ford brand and any yellow jug of Prestone whether it's orange or green exceeds the Ford brand and works in our motors

Users who are viewing this thread