SLOFIVO 2013 GHIG GT Build thread

evil281

Established Member
Made it down to the shop bright and early today to complete my suspension install. Naturally it started to rain today out of all days in AZ when someone might want to try out the traction they may achieve with a new suspension setup...:nonono: I apologize for the horrible pictures. We had a moment of sunshine so I decided to snap a few with my phone. I will try to actually get a camera and take real pics one day....maybe

Table O'Goodies.
image_1_4.jpg

Started with the fronts. Forgot to take pictures as I went so nothing fancy here since the Strange struts are just black.
image_3_2.jpg

I went with "Hammertone" finish as I was not sure how red would look under the GHIG.
image_7.jpg

image_6_2.jpg

And the final product. :pepper:
5c1bb11a-ed0c-4cf0-be21-b4decf3aa524.jpg

3a03b39e-9290-40ea-8f6c-2a0467d13990.jpg

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
In case anyone was wondering I also got a chance to weigh the wheels and tires before install.

Factory 19" brembo wheels with 255/40/19 pzero
56.5lbs each

Forgestar cf10 20x9 with nt555 275/35/20
58lbs

Forgestar cf10 20x11 with nt555R 305/35/20
58.5lbs

evil281

Established Member
Small project today while I wait for the MGW shifter in the mail. As soon as the shifter comes in I will install the Line Lock at the same time.

So when I installed the 20x11 in the rears I took out the sound deadening fabric liner in the rears to prevent rubbing. Picked up some spray sound deadener to help quiet down the new suspension. Also picked up some dremel cutting wheels to cut off the threaded posts sticking out in the fender left over from the liner.

image_21.jpg

image_19.jpg

image_15.jpg

image_10_1.jpg

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
Got down to the shop this morning and installed the MGW Race spec shifter.

All I can say is "Holy f**k".... I can throw down a 3rd gear shift like nothing. Great quality and the install went so damn smooth I started second guessing myself that I must have missed something.

62ea4f0f-7e56-4eeb-be31-e255fb3c62ba.jpg

Last edited:

Famine

Established Member
Very beautiful car. The best color out there. Is there a thread just for our color? Do you have pics of what you had to cut on the exhaust? I like that exhaust a lot, but passed up a good deal used because they all usually look like garbage. Idk why Borla cannot make them the right way.

evil281

Established Member
Very beautiful car. The best color out there. Is there a thread just for our color? Do you have pics of what you had to cut on the exhaust? I like that exhaust a lot, but passed up a good deal used because they all usually look like garbage. Idk why Borla cannot make them the right way.

If you look at the first post you can see the xpipe laying on the ground, you can slightly see that the end that mates with the cat flange is actually a sleeve that moves in and out. You can see the raised shoulder on the pipe. Well I had the sleeve completely bottomed out on the shoulder and the whole se system was still pushed toward the rear and my exhaust hangers were stretched out and the exhaust tips were poking out way to far.

I took out the two pipes and cut the end down about 2" and then slid them back to the shoulder, it sat perfect from there.

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
So the plan from here on the build is to sell my old brembo package wheels/tires and use the funds toward a CF drive shaft. Next up will be a clutch and flywheel. Not sure which one yet for the power level I am going for.

Once these mods are in my possession I will feel comfortable purchasing my supercharger kit.
It's way to damn hot in az summer to do an install of a clutch or supercharger so I will resume updates here toward October.

evil281

Established Member
Small update.

Finally got my shift knob for my mgw. Alittle GHIG color match stripe to break up all the black interior.

I also took advantage of the sale beefcake racing had the other day on McCleod parts. Picked up an RXT and lightened steel flywheel.

Placed my order for DSS CF driveshaft as well but takes a few weeks.

Looking at late August for the VMP kit.
On a positive note they just opened an E85 station a half mile from my home which really opens up my options. Before the closest station was about 15-20 miles from me.

image_25.jpg

image_26.jpg

image_24.jpg

Last edited:

Ductape

Established Member
Car looks beautiful and i'm sure it sounds the part too! Have you installed the new flywheel yet? how does it feel?

evil281

Established Member
Car looks beautiful and i'm sure it sounds the part too! Have you installed the new flywheel yet? how does it feel?

Thanks, I just got it in the mail Friday so I have not installed anything yet.
I also still need my new Flywheel bolts, pilot bearing, slave cylinder, and breaded clutch line.

I was going to do the install when the Driveshaft comes in while I'm under the car.
I have also been considering building a forged shortblock since the transmission will already be out it would be really simple to pull the motor at the same time.

So many options...

Damn, that car looks great with those wheels!

Thanks. I wish I had an actual camera to take pictures. All I have is this damn cell phone for pictures.

evil281

Established Member
why a shortblock?? and whats next

I'll be installing a stage 3 VMP kit late August so I was considering a forged shortblock ahead of time so its broken in and ready to go by the time the supercharger goes on.

Nothing special about August thats just when I get my comp. I am trying to keep this build all cash so it requires I wait a little bit. I want it right now.....

evil281

Established Member
So out of no where I decided to create a project this weekend. Not sure why considering its over 110 degrees out but here I am parts ordered and delivered in 2 days. No turning back at this point.

Here is just a teaser pic. I will post up the full project as I go. Should be completed by Monday evening.

image_1_6.jpg

evil281

Established Member
Goal today was to remove the axle from the vehicle, grind off the surface rust, hit it with rust reformer spray, paint black.

Mondays goals: Weld axle tubes, Install 3.31 gears and Yukon True Trac, finish off with Ford Racing Diff Cover and reinstall before the end of the day.

FE02C216-CA9B-4020-A47E-40F3ADAD1262.jpg

0C4AA5BE-2A0F-4A5A-A1D3-B6D860945D5B.jpg

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
Welded tubes and tear down.

Yukon 3.31 gears
Yukon Dura Grip Posi (looks a lot like an EATON LSD doesn't it?)

I forgot to snap a picture with the Ford racing diff cover so next time I am back under the car I'll get the finished picture.

B780BE74-F1C9-4F0A-B61F-C5CB055E4E81.jpg

3734D437-FE9D-4CF5-B9E4-E1DAD5FE95E0.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread