SLOFIVO 2013 GHIG GT Build thread

evil281

Established Member
SLOFIVO 2013 GHIG GT Build *PICS ADDED*

I bought my 2013 GHIG M6 GT about 2 months ago and wanted to share my progress as I upgrade the vehicle.

I bought the car with 7500 miles and it is in excellent condition. The owner installed a GT500 spoiler/ Fog light Delete kit and Powder coated the factory wheels black.

Here is what it looked like the day I bought it.
image_1.jpg

How it sits now
30C840B5-3104-4B5C-8446-94636C0B2814.jpg

Parts installed
BMR SP009
BMR Adj PHB
BMR LCA
BMR LCA Relo Bracket
BMR Adj UCA and mount
BMR subframes
Strange single adj struts
Viking double adj shocks
GT500 Mounts
Forgestar CF10 20x9
Forgestar CF10 20x11
MGW Race Spec Shifter
JPC Line Lock
Nitto NT555 275/35/20
Nitto NT555R 305/35/20
Borla S-type full catback with x pipe.
Yukon 3.31 gears
Yukon Dura Grip Diff
Welded axle tubes

Parts in hand
DSS Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
McCleod RXT Clutch
McCleod Lightened Steel Flywheel
McCleod Clutch Line

Luckily I am part owner of a Fab shop my father runs because the fitment of the Borla catback sucked and I needed to cut some of the tubes. Otherwise the sound is awesome.

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

I removed the "American Muscle" stripes from the side and Plastidipped the hood vents. I also had the windows tinted which is a must here in AZ. Oh and I got my Vanity plate

image_2.jpg

image_4.jpg

Next up is full suspension and wheels. Parts should be coming in within the next two weeks! So far the tires have arrived.
image_1_1.jpg

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
I would say this car was one of the hardest times I had picking out wheels. I ended up going with RTR wheels

evil281

Established Member
Interested in why you got subframe connector's.. Our cars don't need them!
I'll admit I didn't really research that too much. Coming off the 1999 platform I know how much it help out there I just kind of assumed it would be a worthwhile upgrade while I'm doing the rest of the suspension. Couldn't hurt right?

What part of AZ are you in?
Southeast Phoenix

GT915

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride. I too came from a 99 so I know you're gonna love this one. I'm surprised the Borla fitment sucked. Considering what they charge for those things, you'd think they should install themselves. Be sure to keep this thread updated with pics.

evil281

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride. I too came from a 99 so I know you're gonna love this one. I'm surprised the Borla fitment sucked. Considering what they charge for those things, you'd think they should install themselves. Be sure to keep this thread updated with pics.

Yea basically the kit was too long. There are sleeves in the xpipe that move in an out to adjust length and I had them all the way in to the shortest length and the exhaust was still pushed so far back the over axle tubes actually rested on the axle and the muffler hangers were stretched to the max pushing the tailpipes out the rear several inches.

We ended up taking the sleeves out and cutting off almost 2 inches so it would all sit right. Also worth mentioning that we had to use a crow bar to pull the xpipe ends apart enough to mate with the collectors as they were too narrow.

I was definately unsatisfied with the fitment of the kit. I was however very happy with the sound as it was exactly what I was looking for so...

Jdm351

Established Member
I'm in Gilbert too. I'll probably see you at Wild Horse Pass sometime. Which shop you own? And I'm glad you pulled off the AM stripe.

evil281

Established Member
I received all my parts today except my BMR springs. Here is a teaser. Installing everything this Friday.

image_1_2.jpg

evil281

Established Member
I'm in Gilbert too. I'll probably see you at Wild Horse Pass sometime. Which shop you own? And I'm glad you pulled off the AM stripe.

Yea I have not been to the strip since the Indians took over. Hopefully they are taking care of it. I plan to go test out all the suspension once it's installed. Just need to find my dang helmet...

Oh and our shop is RPM Fabrication and off-road in Tempe. We do all kinds of fab work but our main focus is jeeps. We manufacture a line of bumpers/ sliders/ tire carriers. Recently if you look close in the pic of the tires you can see a hemi swap in progress going into our orange show jeep.

evil281

Established Member
Got a few minutes after work to make it down to our shop for a quick check on all my parts. All the suspension will be installed tomorrow but I couldn't resist putting the wheels on.

image_2_1.jpg

image_3_1.jpg

image_4_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread