SLIPKNOT fanss!!!!!!

4fit?

Established Member
I HATE HellYeah and I am a Pantera/Nothing Face/Mudvayne fan.

I'm with you. I am not a HellYeah fan at all and, IMO, sound nothing like Pantera. Actually, no one out there right now sounds like Pantera. Superjoint Ritual, which is fronted by Phil, is about as close as your gonna come to a Pantera sound, and they haven't put out an album in years. Down, which is also fronted by Phil, had a new album come out last year, but they are way more laid back than Pantera ever was.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
m_72e5042c9abb8530648a848b7369e669.gif

Pre order off their website

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

wag03gt

Established Member
I personally like their softer music. Im not a big fan of the songs that are nothing but screaming, but corey does have an amazing voice and i think a lot more people would listen to them if he sang more. Hince Stone Sour

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I personally like their softer music. Im not a big fan of the songs that are nothing but screaming, but corey does have an amazing voice and i think a lot more people would listen to them if he sang more. Hince Stone Sour

Love Stone Sour too. Different music for different moods.

scancion

Established Member
Um, you both just misunderstood me. Therefore, :poke:. lol
What I really meant was that the song posted by the OP was alright, but it was no comparison to songs from their self-titled album and, as an example of those songs, I posted the (sic) vid. Trust me, I know what's on the self-titled album. Go back and re-read my post.

I understand,lol. :banana:

88fivepoint0

Established Member
I'm gunna buy it! I have all 3 of their others!

Slipknot have four previous albums. Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat. The self-titled album, Iowa and Vol:3.

I love the two songs I've heard off the new album. As far as them getting softer, ok I guess you can say Vol:3 is 'softer' but that's not a bad thing. You cant keep coming out with albums that sound the same, they are not Hatebreed. All their albums were different from the last.

As far as the future of metal, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying and Five Finger Death Punch are my favs. If you get a chance, check out Threat Signal, F'n sick.

4fit?

Established Member
As far as the future of metal, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying and Five Finger Death Punch are my favs. If you get a chance, check out Threat Signal, F'n sick.
Just checked out Threat Signal. Not bad, but I wish he stuck with his metal voice a little more and actually sung a little less.:shrug:

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Let's not forget Hatebreed!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-CR5iImKw"]YouTube - Hatebreed Destroy Everything Music Video[/ame]

And another personal favorite SOULFLY!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gCKzGXqIHE&feature=related"]YouTube - Soulfly- Bleed[/ame]

Last edited:

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
For those that say sliknot gets more radio friendly etc etc.. It's just the band going through an evolution with their music. I personally would not want to hear the same damn thing on every album.. So thus I like it.

Word all disturbed's junk sounds the same on every album IMO they are garbage and need to stop now...I am a diehard slipknot fan I have the damn tribal "S" logo tattooed on my leg so I will always love them no matter what. The first album will never be topped. I do think this album will be better than Vol. 3 tho.

As far as the Psychosocial song posted on here thats the radio edit version and I dont care too much for that version, I DO love the album version. The other song All Hope Is Gone, I think is bad ass and gets close to the old roots. I am definitley looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. So yes on Aug. 26th I will be at the record store picking this one up :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

4fit?

Established Member
Let's not forget Hatebreed!!!!!

And another personal favorite SOULFLY!
Been listening to Hatebreed for years now. Definitely a good band. As for Soulfly, they are alright. Will never be as good as Sepultura though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LgC7q5sWdM"]YouTube - Sepultura-attitude[/ame]

Last edited:

Stalker27

Established Member
Bad ass song & a bad ass video. Cut them some slack guys. They are still considered hard. Just because you can understand what they are saying you want to say they are going soft? Hell before this there were only a few songs that you could actually understand

I have Stone Sours cd and no way is it as hard as this. You also have to think if they tone it down a bit like this they will get a hella lot more radio time which equals more sells of the cd then more money. I'm digging it

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Been listening to Hatebreed for years now. Definitely a good band. As for Soulfly, they are alright. Will never be as good as Sepultura though.

YouTube - Sepultura-attitude

Sepultura just announced a new album!
A-Lex i think it is?
So new soulfly record this summer, plus the Cavalera-conspiracy cd, and a sepultura cd??
damn,,, considering it's basically the same lead singer in all the bands...

Users who are viewing this thread