SLIPKNOT fanss!!!!!!

scancion

Established Member
i love how when a band gets popular no matter what their sound people hate on them.....slipknot owns and corey is one of the best screamers ever.

I like how when bands get famous they change there sound completely:shrug: There sound is way different than before and there music is deffiantly way more radio friendly. The only soung they could play on the radio from there first cd is "wait and bleed" and they cut the screaming out just to put it on the radio. Its not hating, its making an obvious observation.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
here's the other really weak :rollseyes single off the album
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEEMn5mdnl8"]YouTube - Slipknot All Hope Is Gone-Full Version[/ame]

scancion

Established Member
^ hence the rest of my comment and their sound has not changed completely; you know slipknot when you hear it

Yea slipknot has a unique sound. Im not saying they blow, just saying Im tired of good bands going bad. First it was Metallica, then Korn, now slipknot is looking to be heading in the same direction. There music use to be so fast and hard, and Corey sounded so pissed. Now they have slowed down, and mellowed out a bit, and Corey sounds really grumbled up now. I still like them just every cd I get less interested in them.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
holy crap the pit got steamed over fast in the live sic vid!!! +2 that bands need to evolve it has to be done or you get stuck in a rut. as for the new stuff not bad ill buy it. jmo.

383 Sleeper

Established Member
Meh slipknot was cool in high school.
Now it's Killswitch, Pantera, All That Remains, In Flames...
those bands are the future of metal.
Slipknot IMO is just getting less and less relevant to metal...

Kill Switch - Voice toast.... there done

Pantera - OLD NEWS, where have you been?

All That Remains - Yes up and coming, but not spectacular...

In Flames - Not so shabby but i wouldent even say there close to the "Future Of Metal"....

whiteonblackL

Established Member
I think you misunderstood me. :nono: I was just saying that sic was the first song on the self titled album. He made it seem like that song wasnt on the first cd because he said that sic was ok but the first cd was the best.
haha ohh i was just doing that to the guy who said it wasnt on the self titled album.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Kill Switch - Voice toast.... there done

Pantera - OLD NEWS, where have you been?

All That Remains - Yes up and coming, but not spectacular...

In Flames - Not so shabby but i wouldent even say there close to the "Future Of Metal"....

Uh KSE just finished a world tour...
wtf are you smoking?
They are taking a short break...
then it's new album time...
and yeah Pantera is old news, my bad on that.
But I still feel that slipknot is just a meh metal band.
Pretty generic, right there with A7X.
And ATR not spectacular? maby not the best thing ever, but
The Fall Of Ideals......
And InFlames isn't slowing down any.
even thier worst album (Soundtrack To Your Escape),
is better than most band's best!
I can't believe I forgot As I Lay Dying...
An Ocean Between Us killed! best metal album of 2007, bar none!
Soilwork aint' bad either!

And before you ask, YES, I've seen slipknot live.
Being good at hyping a crowd up is only good if you music is worth a piss...
anything after Iowa is crap...
but self titled and Iowa are cds I still listen to.

scancion

Established Member
haha ohh i was just doing that to the guy who said it wasnt on the self titled album.

Oh, ok you quoted me so I though you were :poke: me. Actually now that I think about it its #2. Number 1 is just that lady saying "the whole thing I think is sick".

Defknotzero

Established Member
For those that say sliknot gets more radio friendly etc etc.. It's just the band going through an evolution with their music. I personally would not want to hear the same damn thing on every album.. So thus I like it.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I'm going to Mayhem next weekend. I've seen Disturbed before, and I can't wait to see Slipknot.

And to the tool that said Pantera is the future of metal, what are you thinking? I love Pantera, I saw Pantera 10 years ago, and Pantera got me into metal. But the future? Don't think so.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm going to Mayhem next weekend. I've seen Disturbed before, and I can't wait to see Slipknot.

And to the tool that said Pantera is the future of metal, what are you thinking? I love Pantera, I saw Pantera 10 years ago, and Pantera got me into metal. But the future? Don't think so.
I corrected myself, so learn to read.
And Pantera is somewhat still alive today...
HellYeah isn't a dead on Pantera clone,
but it's that same style of southern metal.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I corrected myself, so learn to read.
And Pantera is somewhat still alive today...
HellYeah isn't a dead on Pantera clone,
but it's that same style of southern metal.

I didn't feel like reading 2 pages of posts that all said the same thing, so I can read I just chose not to.

Pantera still gets regular plays on Sirius and I love it. I saw them back in '98 and of all the shows I've ever seen it's still one of my all time favorites. We had tickets for a show that Hellyeah was supposed to play last year, but they bailed at the last minute.

4fit?

Established Member
I think you misunderstood me. :nono: I was just saying that sic was the first song on the self titled album. He made it seem like that song wasnt on the first cd because he said that sic was ok but the first cd was the best.

Um, you both just misunderstood me. Therefore, :poke:. lol
What I really meant was that the song posted by the OP was alright, but it was no comparison to songs from their self-titled album and, as an example of those songs, I posted the (sic) vid. Trust me, I know what's on the self-titled album. Go back and re-read my post.

Last edited:

4fit?

Established Member
meshuggah's cd is like one really long song.:rockon: its so cool
You must be talking about the "I" EP and/or Catch 33 album. They are, just like you said, basically one big song with some insane progression changes. Their new album, Obzen, is one of the most brutal albums I have heard in a long time. It's actually in the Bullitt's CD player right now. And Meshuggah has been around since the early '90s too, but it's hard to tell that from listening to them. They have to be one of the most technical metal bands out there today.

I can't lookup YouTube here at work, but do a search for Meshuggah Bleed. That's off their new album.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread