SLIPKNOT fanss!!!!!!

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Sounds pretty good, but I'm more of a Sevendust fan. Really looking to see the new Diecast album coming out soon. There last one was great. :)

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Meh slipknot was cool in high school.
Now it's Killswitch, Pantera, All That Remains, In Flames...
those bands are the future of metal.
Slipknot IMO is just getting less and less relevant to metal...

Please know what your talking about before saying something like this.

Pantera is the future of metal eh ? Hmm , been around since the late 80's , Dimebag Darrel is dead , and the drummer said they will never reunite. Given that , I dont see them being the " future of metal "

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
i liked them for along time but every cd there sound changes.corey taylor sounds different every time he performs and they just seem to be getting softer everytime they come out with something new.starting to sound alot closer to stone sour

+1 Seem to be getting more and more radio friendly with every album.

scancion

Established Member
Meh... Not real impressed w/ this song. They are way softer than before. Iowa and self titled was there best. I remember when they first came out I was like OMG! Korn was the hardest mainstream thing and then came slipknot. Saw them at Oz fest back in 98'. IMO every cd gets less appealing to true metal fans. Distured is just a joke. I hate there singer w/ his stupid noises and every song sounds exactly the same like linkin park.

scancion

Established Member
Future of metal

Every Time I die
August burns red
As I lie dying
The bled
In flames
etc...

4fit?

Established Member
The song is alright, but it is no comparison to the brutality of their self titled album. That albums still rocks to this day. Are they gimmicky? Very. I actually can't stand those damn masks, but it's their roots I guess.

**(NWS for language)**
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86xUpMpQHk"]YouTube - Slipknot (sic) Live At Belfort[/ame]

4fit?

Established Member
Future of metal

Every Time I die
August burns red
As I lie dying
The bled
In flames
etc...
Can't argue with that list too much. In flames has been around since the mid/late '90s though. But I do like me some In Flames. Meshuggah is my current thing though. :rockon:

scancion

Established Member
Can't argue with that list too much. In flames has been around since the mid/late '90s though. But I do like me some In Flames. Meshuggah is my current thing though. :rockon:

Yea I have known about In flames for a while I was just saying that there kind of sound is the future. There sound has changed a little over the years. There singer is crazy. Cant forget about Underoath too!:rockon:

4fit?

Established Member
Yea I have known about In flames for a while I was just saying that there kind of sound is the future. There sound has changed a little over the years. There singer is crazy. Cant forget about Underoath too!:rockon:
Since you are into those bands, you should really check out Meshuggah and Shadows Fall. Think you'll like those.

scancion

Established Member
:poke: lol

meshuggah's cd is like one really long song.:rockon: its so cool

I think you misunderstood me. :nono: I was just saying that sic was the first song on the self titled album. He made it seem like that song wasnt on the first cd because he said that sic was ok but the first cd was the best.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
i love how when a band gets popular no matter what their sound people hate on them.....slipknot owns and corey is one of the best screamers ever.---people say their sound has changed and I don't dispute that but bands evolve.....take one of the greatest if not the greatest hard rock bands ever Metallica-----their sounds has changed on almost every album and they are without a doubt one of the best bands in history. You can't stay 22 years old and pissed at your life forever; people change therefore bands change as they grow together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread