Show me your shifter Knob

pickles

Established Member
oem boss 302 shift ball & gt500 leather boot

8650076666_e9ccff9426_c.jpg

Ratchet

Established Member
Is that the UPR shift knob? I want one but was worried about the boot, please keep us updated if mgw will make a boot retainer.

I have the MGW pony composite knob as well.. mine doesn't do that. Been on there for months, and even after installing the MGW shifter my boot still stayed in place. Pretty sure there was a rubber grommet to fit into the top of the boot or something but I honestly don't remember. That is the first problem I have seen with the boot/MGW knob. I have had 3-4 of them now.:beer:

Here is mine.

MGW_zpsda5a9b8f.jpg

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
For not knowing how to burn out.

Not knowing how? A line lock saves rear brake pads, excessive clutch wear for burnouts. I think it would be a pretty good investment. I don't do the pro stock style "smoke through the staging lanes past the 60ft mark" kind of burnouts. :lol1:

curse

I think I have a problem
Established Member
I like the MGW just don't like the pony, wish they offered just the 5.0 The upr shift knob offers the 5.0 on it but I believe it's only for 05-09 so no boot retainer for us. Hope upr can help us out.

Defiant 5.0

Established Member
My wife got this from UPR for our anniversary last year before we got married. It sat in the closet for the better part of a year because the socket had a smaller diameter than the shifter post. Due to some crazy circumstances, I wound up without a shift knob and had to get one from Advance Auto. Suffice it to say, it broke within 24 hours and I had to take this one to a machine shop to get rethreaded. It's a solid shifter with a nice weight to it. I still need a boot retainer, but I will get along without it for now.

MustangEvoShifter_zps6e849615.jpg

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
My wife got this from UPR for our anniversary last year before we got married. It sat in the closet for the better part of a year because the socket had a smaller diameter than the shifter post. Due to some crazy circumstances, I wound up without a shift knob and had to get one from Advance Auto. Suffice it to say, it broke within 24 hours and I had to take this one to a machine shop to get rethreaded. It's a solid shifter with a nice weight to it. I still need a boot retainer, but I will get along without it for now.

MustangEvoShifter_zps6e849615.jpg
Thats a cool shift knob.

Last edited:

Torchy

Established Member
So are you guys spending $180 or whatever the retail price is on the boss knob? Is there a cheaper place to get these?

curse

I think I have a problem
Established Member
FA461932-A4DE-493D-A4B5-022FEDA8BC0D-24159-00000E96FE8601BA.gif
[/IMG]Still looking for someone to build the ****in fast engraved knob.

Last edited:

Dgaffler

Established Member
Put this on the Tri-Ax and it really quieted down the noise over the stock knob. How is the noise level on the ball type knobs?

IMAG1503_1_zpsf447cb8f.gif

Users who are viewing this thread