Should I paint it or not?!!

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
My termi has an accident on its record. It didn't totally the car just a little crash with a stop sign that just made the front number NTB replaced. I got it forvacoretty good deal. I've always wanted the screaming yellow termi. Should I go ahead and paint it that color? I'm originally a mineral grey coupe. I honestly don't know if I'll sell it fine the road or not. What do you guys think? Or should I just go with some random off the wall color?

10sec89

Established Member
Say what?

You wrecked car, need it painted, want to change from Mineral Grey to Yellow? If that's what your asking I would paint it back original then sell it for a yellow one. Mineral grey was a low production number color leave it be.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^This. Changing colors that are not very close to the original are difficult if you want it to look factory or better. I agree to either stick with Mineral Gray or sell it and buy a Screaming Yellow Terminator.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Leave it mineral grey !! I love that color and ive seem one mg terminator in person. I have a zinc yellow 03 but i love MG.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I've changed the color of various hot rods I've built over the years and I can tell you unless you plan on tearing it down to a completely bare piece of metal with absolutely nothing more that can be removed (think raw stamped pieces of steel like when the car was built) you're wasting your time. You will always see bits and pieces of the old color in various spots like around carpet edges, parts of the trunk, under the car, bits and pieces under the hood, inside of hinge gaps etc. Unfortunately it'll probably completely devalue your car. Spray the same color or something so close you can't really tell unless you want to deal with all the color miss match BS all over.

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
Well I guess my mind is made! Thanks guys! I didn't realize it was such low production color. I really need to get my build number.

MrGlock81

Established Member
Say what?

You wrecked car, need it painted, want to change from Mineral Grey to Yellow? If that's what your asking I would paint it back original then sell it for a yellow one. Mineral grey was a low production number color leave it be.

lol

blwn89gt

Established Member
I belive they stopped production of MG mid year of 03. I wonder why cause its such a sick color

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
DO NOT change that color.....could get you banned........lol
Love my MG....

Users who are viewing this thread