should a 98 cobra

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
well i have 373 gears and a 6 speed and a brand new cobra motor and my car just gets in the higher rpm and has no pull after4500 i get raped by everything

Brand new motor or used motor but new to you? 96-98 Cobra motor could be IMRC's are getting stuck closed.

Just for reference, when I was n/a with full exhaust, 3.73's and t-56 I beat an 03 Mach 1 from a 50 mph roll by a half a car lenght. Mods on the Mach were RAI and catback.

Does the engine have a tune? Give us some more indepth info on your car and driviing experience with it.

98cobrafaf

Established Member
well i have a 98 cobra witha bored over 40 long block i just bought and i did imrc deletes and it still did it with the old engine i got new clucth kit fuel pump fuel filter spark plugs and wires imrc delete ..its just slow and i dont kno why i get raped by everything gt cobra and most rice its slow

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
well i have a 98 cobra witha bored over 40 long block i just bought and i did imrc deletes and it still did it with the old engine i got new clucth kit fuel pump fuel filter spark plugs and wires imrc delete ..its just slow and i dont kno why i get raped by everything gt cobra and most rice its slow

what are your mod? What are your shift points? What gears?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I didn't even know you could bore these things .040 over. Do they even commonly make pistons for a bore that large?

cbramblett02

Established Member
slap a blower on it and call it a day. you've spent enough money on it so far just blow it. that will solve all your problems. (but on a serious note sound like lack of air flow plus a cobra really needs 4:10s or 4:30s)

ps don't tell anyone that you got beat by rice it just makes me cringe....jk

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

Did you get a tune? Is the engine broken in yet? What compression are you running? If you say 8.5.1 someone close to you should :kaboom: you right in the eye! J/K! If you are running low compression then you will NEED to add boost.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
It syas you have the IRMC's deleted did you retune for that and you will need some steeper gears to compensate for the low end tq loss I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge can expound on that. Do you know what compression your motor is running. Is it a 98 motor or did you switch to something else like a Lincoln Mark8?

ryans01

Vacation in Iraq
Established Member
Or he can figure out the problem first.

slap a blower on it and call it a day. you've spent enough money on it so far just blow it. that will solve all your problems. (but on a serious note sound like lack of air flow plus a cobra really needs 4:10s or 4:30s)

ps don't tell anyone that you got beat by rice it just makes me cringe....jk

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
well i have 373 gears and a 6 speed and a brand new cobra motor and my car just gets in the higher rpm and has no pull after4500 i get raped by everything

Can you elaborate?
who did all the work?
When did the car start feeling slow?

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
thats crazy. you need to quit racing people until you get that problem figured out. we don't need any ricers running around bad mouthing cobras. i've hurt a couples of their feelings before. i guess a bmw 330 isn't that fast either because i took off on one the other day. good luck though, seriously.

98cobrafaf

Established Member
no its my car i was over at my buddys sorrry. yea the car since ive had it has done it so changed spark plugs and wires then fuel pump and filter the imrc delete and then a new motor ..it rips and pulls hard till 4000 rpm then it just doesnt pull as hard

Users who are viewing this thread