should a 98 cobra

uofipilot

Established Member
Or at least post up the engine specifics. You still havn't said the CR or tune or anything. Kinda hard to assess what might be wrong when all you've said is "is a new engine and falls on its face above 4500"

mystical

Established Member
Also, you need more gear. 3.73s are for girls.

Yes they are, not to mention he's got a t56.

provided the 5.0 owner can drive, and the others can't, it's prefectly plausible.

Invalid argument. If a granny is driving the 4V I suppose it's plausible, however, with a level playing field there is absolutely no way a stock sn95 5.0 will pull a geared 4V or even a stock 4V for that matter unless of course they go from a roll and the 4V is in the wrong gear way out of it's powerband. In that case, it's driver error again that loses the race.

Last edited:

Termi 03

Team Cobra
Established Member
haha 98cobrafaf has 373 and a t56 but at 70mph hes doing little over 2g in 6th gear... he wouldnt wana go any higher than that sense its a daily driver... we raced again last night and i beat him in my stock 5.0 cobra

jcat_98snake

Established Member
tell you right now, a 98 with a 3.73, t56 and IMRC deletes should walk a 94-95.

if you're losing power above 4k, there's a MAJOR problem. These 4v cobras live above 5k all day long. 4k is where you should be just starting to get going with the IMRCs, 3.73s and no blower.

My 98 has 3.73's and a blower on the stock t45...it's quick, but it doesn't wake up till above 4k. Obviously that's also partly the blower, but these motors are basically built to rev high.

get it tuned. Flat out. Either that or the motors losing compression, pointing to whoever built it.

Termi 03

Team Cobra
Established Member
his engine maybe has 150 miles on it... it was a brand new long block... but his old engine with 189k on it was just as fast...wtf... both fuccckk up at 4 grand

jcat_98snake

Established Member
his engine maybe has 150 miles on it... it was a brand new long block... but his old engine with 189k on it was just as fast...wtf... both fuccckk up at 4 grand

or maybe he's shifting early because it SOUNDS like he's at the top.

besides, if he's racing on an engine that only has 150 miles on it, no wonder the thing's ****ing up. Its not even broken in yet and the excess strain on the motor probably led to shavings chewing the rings up or something stupid.

OP, change your oil and filter, and cut open the old filter. I bet it's full of metal.

Termi 03

Team Cobra
Established Member
haha we told not to reem on the new engine but he does anyways lol but no him and his dad changed the oil , oil filter, fuel pump, fuel filter... hes just getting pissed and wants to sale it for a 5.0 cobra

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
haha 98cobrafaf has 373 and a t56 but at 70mph hes doing little over 2g in 6th gear... he wouldnt wana go any higher than that sense its a daily driver... we raced again last night and i beat him in my stock 5.0 cobra

All your posts have "I'm a tool" written all over them. Racing a 4v Cobra with some major problems then claiming that 4v's are slow is ricer mentality. Not to mention I'm annoyed with your lack of proper spelling and grammar. By the sound of it you could be a foreigner, if thats the case I will give you a pass.

OP why the hell are you racing a brand new longblock with 150 miles? Where did you get this long block that was bored .04 over?

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
all i can say is I WIN

it sounds like your telling your friend not to race and then picking on him when he loses. the op sounds like he's letting his pride get in the way and possibly making some costly engine mistakes. you both FAIL.:nonono:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
it sounds like your telling your friend not to race and then picking on him when he loses. the op sounds like he's letting his pride get in the way and possibly making some costly engine mistakes. you both FAIL.:nonono:

X2 what a pointless thread.

One person asking for help, but not giving enough info to be helped. Beating on a brand new engine, not putting it on the dyno or tuning it, etc.

Then we have the other person telling us how his stock 5.0 is faster than all 4.6 cobras since he is beating one with serious issues. What a tool.

Users who are viewing this thread