should a 98 cobra

tistan

Established Member
No way should you lose that one. I had a 95 gts with cobra intake, b303 cam, and all the other bolt ons. I would pull my friends 98 cobra out the hole, but once he got going he would come back on my and walk by me.

ctothap

Established Member
stock for stock, no way!! but if the others have the right mods done, then they can close the gap

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
If they are modded and have gears yes, they will beat a stock 96-98 Cobra. 96-98s are dogs when totally stock.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
dogs as in bad? and whats a gts? once again i'm not good with cars. i don't know of any cobra's around me to race with. i got beat by my buddies 347 stroker mustang but he's got 334 rwhp so it was expected.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
dogs as in bad? and whats a gts? once again i'm not good with cars. i don't know of any cobra's around me to race with. i got beat by my buddies 347 stroker mustang but he's got 334 rwhp so it was expected.

Yes, a dog as in bad. With 3.27 gears and no power mods 96-98 cobras are slow and a modded GT will easily whoop up on them.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Cobras a dog, gts a turtle. My girlfriends pullied GTP 4 door sedan whoops on bolt on 5.0's and non pi gt's all the time

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
4.30's + drag radials + intake + exhaust + shifter + suspension = I need more

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
It's a lot closer than a lot of these guys are saying. hp for hp, the 4v is faster on paper.
But the 5.0 makes gobs of useful tq.
stock vs. stock , it's a lot closer than some think.

98cobrafaf

Established Member
well i have 373 gears and a 6 speed and a brand new cobra motor and my car just gets in the higher rpm and has no pull after4500 i get raped by everything

Users who are viewing this thread