Shop quote trippled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How MM is still in business when Realspeed is around is beyond me

Its interesting you say that because Mustang Magic actually has quite a following. And I've seen time and time again, on many mustang forums, a lot of the local guys give them a public green thumb. Every shop and I mean every shop, has their customer that belieevs they were railroaded.

And someone said it best before, no way was it good to start a thread about this matter until the car was gone from their shop. I got their peeps on this website.

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
When I have a job that looks like its going to require extra labor/parts that were unexpected, the customer gets a call FIRST! EVERY TIME! Their mistake was they just assumed you were ok with all this.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
so I am waiting for the OP to wither state he got the car back or went to a lawyer. A lawyer should be able to take this as a flat fee so you will still save compared to that 11k estimate crap. I deal with automotive shops quite a but, they try and pull shady things all the time and their stories fall apart in court. When faced with a clear violation of the law I have a feeling any good judge who knows what is going on will see through their crap and protect the consumer.

blackfang

Established Member
What a load of shit.

As a Service Advisor for a dealership I will give my input. I offer an estimate to a customer for repairs and that is exactly that, an estimate. It does NOT mean I can spend the customers money without their approval. If I have to go over the estimate for whatever reason(unforseen damage, additional parts, etc), I call the customer and get their approval FIRST! You do not spend the customers money!

Oh who the **** charges storage fee's on a car that is waiting to be repairs or worked on?!!!! Storage charges are used for when vehicles are finished and the customer does not come to get the vehicle after a set amount of days after work has been completed and customer informed it is ready for pickup.

Also on their estimate it calls for 8 hours labor for all of that work, yet modifying headers that say calls for 20 hours? The ****?

OP, you need to talk to a lawyer, and go get your car out of that cluster**** of a shop.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
Its interesting you say that because Mustang Magic actually has quite a following. And I've seen time and time again, on many mustang forums, a lot of the local guys give them a public green thumb. Every shop and I mean every shop, has their customer that belieevs they were railroaded.

And someone said it best before, no way was it good to start a thread about this matter until the car was gone from their shop. I got their peeps on this website.

I've actually not said the shops name and won't depending on how they handle things. I work early to late everyday so as soon as I make it down there I will see what they say. I expect not to be charged for waiting for parts/waiting time etc as I followed though timely on my end. I don't know how they could expect me to pay 12k when 4k is big money for most guys walking though the door.

I just wanted to know if this is acceptable practice for a shop, and if not how svtp members have delt or feel I should deal with it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I've actually not said the shops name and won't depending on how they handle things. I work early to late everyday so as soon as I make it down there I will see what they say. I expect not to be charged for waiting for parts/waiting time etc as I followed though timely on my end. I don't know how they could expect me to pay 12k when 4k is big money for most guys walking though the door.

I just wanted to know if this is acceptable practice for a shop, and if not how svtp members have delt or feel I should deal with it.

Sorry about that buddy. For some reason I thought you had confirmed it was Mustang Magic. My apologies.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member

When are you gonna head to the shop?

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned

MM used to be the BEST on LI. There are better shops right NOW on LI. Let me put it to ya this way, there is a reason Realspeed Dan and Pitbull Steve have the great reputation that they do.

stangbanger856

Established Member

For work that was done. NO $12K is way to much. To remove and drop in a 5.4 isn't hard to do and install a fuel syatem. Most people.could does %90 of the work at home during a weekend. And he didn't make new headers, just modified the ones you had so I don't see why the price is so high.

And to add to.what everyone else is saying you don't owe them a penny over what was agreed on. If you told him " ya $6000 is ok and go ahead" you owe him that anything over that amount that was oked by you before hand is strictly on the ahop to cover.

+1 on a lawyer.

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
MM used to be the BEST on LI. There are better shops right NOW on LI. Let me put it to ya this way, there is a reason Realspeed Dan and Pitbull Steve have the great reputation that they do.

Dude pitbull is terrible, and he's not even a legitimate shop. That kenne bell gt vert doesn't even run, and other than a few cat backs i haven't seen anything good from his shop, sorry

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Dude pitbull is terrible, and he's not even a legitimate shop. That kenne bell gt vert doesn't even run, and other than a few cat backs i haven't seen anything good from his shop, sorry

Pit bull did my gears years ago... I'd never go back to him again. After the 400 mile "break in" I went back to him like he asked to check the wear...etc. I told him the gears were whinning a bit. He started some B.S. telling me that someone else better not have gone into my rear end between visits. I told him why the hell would I have anyone else look at them, I paid HIM to do it. He started telling me how he dabs rtv on the cover bolts so he can tell if its been removed between the time he did the initial install and the "check up"... and he said "mine had clearly been open". The dude tried to blatantly get out of a shitty gear install by blaming it on me!
Yea, cuz you did a perfect install, and I just decided to pull the cover andcrank on some bolts.

As far as I know Realspeed is the only shop I PERSONALLY haven't heard a horror story from.

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
Pit bull did my gears years ago... I'd never go back to him again. After the 400 mile "break in" I went back to him like he asked to check the wear...etc. I told him the gears were whinning a bit. He started some B.S. telling me that someone else better not have gone into my rear end between visits. I told him why the hell would I have anyone else look at them, I paid HIM to do it. He started telling me how he dabs rtv on the cover bolts so he can tell if its been removed between the time he did the initial install and the "check up"... and he said "mine had clearly been open". The dude tried to blatantly get out of a shitty gear install by blaming it on me!
Yea, cuz you did a perfect install, and I just decided to pull the cover andcrank on some bolts.

As far as I know Realspeed is the only shop I PERSONALLY haven't heard a horror story from.

I've heard one or two, but never experienced them, unlike what i went through at MM and what i've seen from Pitbull

95PGTTech

Established Member
I've heard one or two for Realspeed, but they were tuning related and ended up being he said she said. Cars ran, just didn't make the numbers anyone expected, and no one new why. After some significant parts changing and more tuning, still same results.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned

Wow I met Steve multiple times and he seemed to be a good guy. He always did right by me.

I am shocked he would do that. He always was a good guy to me.

I've heard one or two, but never experienced them, unlike what i went through at MM and what i've seen from Pitbull

Realspeed is the BEST on LI. Dan and Jess do a fantastic job.

I've heard one or two for Realspeed, but they were tuning related and ended up being he said she said. Cars ran, just didn't make the numbers anyone expected, and no one new why. After some significant parts changing and more tuning, still same results.

You can make a dyno read any number you want. Dan shoots for the most accurate #s not just make them up to make the customer happy

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Wow I met Steve multiple times and he seemed to be a good guy. He always did right by me.

I am shocked he would do that. He always was a good guy to me.

This is me just speculating, but sounds like money was not involved in your association with him and you're trying to give him a good rep based on 0 experience. You could leave some poor guy to believe he can trust someone he can't and get screwed because your good words on the shop.

Again, I have no idea who these shops are, just don't think you should be giving a green light on places because you bumped into the owner and he was "nice" to you.

OP I really and truly hope this turns out in your favor. There are too many mechanics out there that think they can take advantage of others. They're no better than anyone else that steals.

coposrv

Established Member
Sucks to hear these stories but it's often helpful for others who are deciding between shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread