Shop quote trippled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
If your " guy you knew paid 4 grand " for a set of custom headers , he got bent over as well .

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
Dude something isn't right there. How would they know if you had that kind of money? What if you just save for the $4100?

Not sure what your financial situation is but an $8k difference is HUGE!!

You're right that is what I saved for. I simply do not have 12k or even 8k to spend. I'd have to sell my daily driver to pay anything more than 6k. I'm screwed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
LOL@ people talking about the estimate.

Estimation that goes from 4k to 11k is some pretty poor ass estimation and is not something he should have to settle for, at all. Unless you're really trying to say that 4k isn't much different than 11k... if that is what you're saying then write me a check for that much since you won't miss it.

MGC

Established Member
1) contact lawyer 2) go get your car 3) let us know what shop this is so we can stay the hell away. Hope it gets resolved, pay the original and get your car out of there.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
This may hurt u so I don't know if u should ask.. but can they show u the new bill with all the work that was done to make it go higher. Don't ask if they can make it look like u agreed on new amount. Again if asking can hurt u in any way don't do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Dragu1a

Established Member
Who knows what kind of half ass job they would do now that you are fighting the pricing.

+1

it's been said 2 dozen times already. talk to a lawyer about it, get your car the hell out of there(tell them to eat a bag of dicks for their storage fee) and take it somewhere to get the work checked over before you drive it.

and **** them, post their shop name.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I will tell you this ... **** them and the 'storage fees" I can see your invoice at work but they cannot charge you "storage fees" if the delays in getting the car done was their fault or their suppliers fault.

+1 1k a week storage for their delay? HA in their dreams

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Just get the car out of there no matter what. Get it to another shop on a lift and have them go over it before running/tuning it, and then have that shop finish anything they need to do.

Again, if by some chance this is Mustang Magic, get your car out of there ASAP.

forbanger

Established Member
You're right that is what I saved for. I simply do not have 12k or even 8k to spend. I'd have to sell my daily driver to pay anything more than 6k. I'm screwed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Don't name the place yet. Who knows what they would do to your car. They may also, put a mechanics lein on the car while it is still in their possession.

I would personally take it on a test drive to your lawyers office until everything gets resolved.

This is just insanely bogus.

MGC

Established Member
Anyone have any more info about why MM has such a bad rep now? I always thought they were a decent shop?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
20130130_014835_zps81620e0d.jpg

That says a 4.6 swap. Weird.

Yeah time to take a trailer and a few buddies and get your car.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
you are a wussy my friend.... you will sell your daily driver and pay them their 11k. You will then cry about it for months while trying to pay off your credit card bill... some people do the eating and some get eaten.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Anyone have any more info about why MM has such a bad rep now? I always thought they were a decent shop?

I think they did/do some nice high HP builds that get recognition (like Snakebit), but alot of there day to day stuff is bad. I have heard of a few cars tuned by them that popped very shortly after.

96 cobra

Established Member
you are a wussy my friend.... you will sell your daily driver and pay them their 11k. You will then cry about it for months while trying to pay off your credit card bill... some people do the eating and some get eaten.

:lol::bash:

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
Than how much does a custom set of long tube headers cost?

I looked up the shop who built these headers and yes he was taken for a ride.

we were quoted 3k for American Racing Headers to fab up completely custom headers out of stainless steel, whcih is why we both agreed upon modifying our current headers, seems like we could have bought a few sets of custom headers

That was it.

But youre right. Thats exactly how I feel. Aside from the awesomeness part.

If I couldnt do the work myself I wouldnt be doing it. To me this hobby is less about the end result and more about the journey to get there, the enjoyment of modding your car with your blood and sweat.

If people cant do it and are willing to pay others then thats fine, but youll always be at the mercy of shit shops like this that quote you one price then once they have your car add 2-3x to it because "it looks like itll take more effort than we originally thought and we lack the integrity to stand behind our original number." Yeah, im sure the effort that goes into their quality of work mirrors that same ethic.

You are awesome Tommy. :beer: :bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread