Scammers posing as forum members

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
When I posted I thought it would be both a heads up for scammers, a dig on the thief, and some raw humor since its smack down. A person didnt like the post and I tried to handle it in a pm. Ive said alot of stuff but its just banter. I dont dislike a single person here. Its been entertaining and if anything I accomplished 1 of my goals for the post.
Yeah man I know your intentions were good and I, as others, are aware of when the train went off the tracks and why.

Captain Crunch

Established Member
Only weak comments I read were yours.

Anyway......

Who scammed you? Care to share the story/info, etc? Maybe we can help, got some good detectives here.
The guy used another forum members name and all his build info. He said he was GT500_012308. He said his name was Hasan Reed. Phone is 805 912 5179. He followed me on i stagram and had “O3 Termi” in his insta sig. He messaged me on my cell and sent me pics. We talked motors and builds ..i never thought it wasnt him. He knew alot about mustangs and could talk the talk. Ive had nothing but goid experiences with purchases on here and let my guard down. I sent him the money on cashapp. Then he went ghost. The forum members name he used just posted about it in the roadside a few minutes ago. I wanted to wait for him to post about it. I have some screenshots of the pics the perp sent. Trying to figure out how to post them. Thanks for any insight

josephcostello

Established Member
So many scams, now I know why the mods are so hard on people who don't post a pic with their username. I think anyone who buys stuff from people on this site should have them post a thread as proof with the required picture - maybe that would limit the scams, maybe not.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
So many scams, now I know why the mods are so hard on people who don't post a pic with their username. I think anyone who buys stuff from people on this site should have them post a thread as proof with the required picture - maybe that would limit the scams, maybe not.
Some just come in and say I have this. Hard to watch, and yes, we're very tough on that rule. I'll look at this crap harder on Monday
That 805 number is disconnected now. Fyi
Burner phone...no way to track.

Users who are viewing this thread