Roushcharger arrived today

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Actually with the DRs on it (M/Ts) its hooks surprisingly well out of the hole on the street, the stock 235/50/18s are useless in 1st of course, and sometimes in 2nd as well but nothing the traction control cant handle. I daily drive this car, thats why I'm not wanting to get too crazy with it and I want it to appear as stock as possible. I'm probably going to pick up a pair of the stock looking wheels that are 10" wide and put some wider 555R nittos on it for daily driving since the M/Ts aren't too hot in the rain.

Like I said before I'd be happy with mid-11s in the summer, I'm going to try to make it to Bowling Green next Saturday and get some good air and see what happens. I'm used to driving around much faster cars so its really hard to judge how this one will run. I am having a lot of fun with it, the car feels 2000lbs lighter now, the little 5.0 really tosses it around like nothing. Its also nice to know that I can run low 10s with some headers, gear change, smaller pulley and wheels and tires like VMP's car if I choose to do so.

I would bet the price on all of the blowers drops after a while, sometimes you are better off waiting for sure.

Good to know about the dr's hooking. Any plans to dyno the car?

kevinp

Established Member

I probably wont dyno it, wont have the time this week. Of course its supposed to rain this coming weekend and if it does I may throw it on a dyno if I cant make the track.

kevinp

Established Member
How has your gas mileage changed with the blower?

Not much that I've really noticed, granted I've been getting on it quite a bit when I first put it on. Still sitting on 18mpg average which is where it always was.

I havent been on a trip with it so I have no idea what the highway mpg is, if you arent on it all the time I doubt it will change the mileage much.

RebeccaS

Established Member

I just have to second that my car hooks amazingly well on the street. At the track, I'm solidly in the 1.46 60' range with the stock converter, and still don't have a problem with traction on the street. So much different (feel free to read that as: more enjoyable :( )than my Vorteched V6.

How has your gas mileage changed with the blower?

Gas mileage is great, 23ish, about a mile per gallon down from stock, mostly attributable to going from the stock 3.15s to 3.55s. I do tend to drive conservatively on the street.

All in all, the street-ability is really impressive. I would happily drive the car as my daily driver if it weren't for being spoiled by having the Jeep for the babies.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I just have to second that my car hooks amazingly well on the street. At the track, I'm solidly in the 1.46 60' range with the stock converter, and still don't have a problem with traction on the street. So much different (feel free to read that as: more enjoyable :( )than my Vorteched V6.

Gas mileage is great, 23ish, about a mile per gallon down from stock, mostly attributable to going from the stock 3.15s to 3.55s. I do tend to drive conservatively on the street.

All in all, the street-ability is really impressive. I would happily drive the car as my daily driver if it weren't for being spoiled by having the Jeep for the babies.

Thanks for the info Rebecca.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I actually have an auto as well. While the procharger probably wont 60' as well as the roush, Beefcake runs the vortech with a stock stall in his auto and still cuts 1.7 60's and runs 10s. I imagine the roush will make 1st gear useless on the street as well even with DR's. I'm only looking to make 500rwhp and its my daily so I'm leaning towards the Procharger(Especially since my wife doesnt want me getting EITHER so the cheaper is easier in that arena). But like I said earlier... the tq curve of the Roush is very inviting. Neither will happen till fall/winter anyway so I've got some time to think about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers your setup puts out at the track!

Worth noting, Beefcake's car was pulling those times with gears.

Users who are viewing this thread