Roushcharger arrived today

kevinp

Established Member
I hope you are enjoying your blower!

Just a smaller pulley, still on the stock airbox. The whine is negligible, at most.

I have to say I have had a lot of cars over the years but this one is a lot of fun. My wife drove it the other day and she wants it now :)

On the 10.15 video you can hear the blower on the first burnout, if that was your car making the blower noise, thats why I posted the older vid. Yours is running great, one of the main reasons I chose the Roush.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
I have to say I have had a lot of cars over the years but this one is a lot of fun. My wife drove it the other day and she wants it now :)

On the 10.15 video you can hear the blower on the first burnout, if that was your car making the blower noise, thats why I posted the older vid. Yours is running great, one of the main reasons I chose the Roush.

There is the whine! or should i say fine wine. Love that sound. centrifugal just can't give me that.

kevinp

Established Member
There is the whine! or should i say fine wine. Love that sound. centrifugal just can't give me that.

I know some guys that wont put a blower on their car unless it whines, thats 50% of the reason to have one. Myself I dont like the whine..

Centrifugal superchargers dont make much noise except at idle, the helical cut gear centris are nearly silent Even though my old T/A with the F1A sounded pretty cool going through the traps, more like a jet airplane than the whine the PD blowers make, at idle it sounded like fingernails on a blackboard to me. But some guys loved the sound.

RebeccaS

Established Member
Thanks Rebecca. I have only heard great things about both Roush and Vortech kits for the 5.0. Making a choice is very difficult.

Is the vmp team racing at the Spring Shootout in MD March 28? I am hoping to see various setups in person.

Nope, we won't be able to make it, unfortunately.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Making a choice is pretty easy after seeing dyno number's under the curve at the same boost level!

Thanks Rebecca. I have only heard great things about both Roush and Vortech kits for the 5.0. Making a choice is very difficult.

Is the vmp team racing at the Spring Shootout in MD March 28? I am hoping to see various setups in person.

kevinp

Established Member
I wasnt going to put any gauges in the car but after I seen the Roush vent gauge mounting thing I figured why not. I had a VDO 0-15psi gauge laying around and the whole install took about 20 minutes, and didnt cost much.

322.gif

Also when I driving yesterday I took a quick cell phone vid so you can hear what it sounds like, all stock exhaust except for GT500 mufflers so its not like thats drowning the blower out. Just a quick 50-90mph, had the traction control on so the 2-3 shift is a little funky sounding.

th_Movie.gif

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I love it!

Kevin you would probably hate my car.
With my VMP Eaton TVS 2.3 at 20+lbs it screams like an F-16 at full burn!

kevinp

Established Member
I love it!

Kevin you would probably hate my car.
With my VMP Eaton TVS 2.3 at 20+lbs it screams like an F-16 at full burn!

I dont really hate any of them, I'm just an old fart and like things as quiet as possible.

If mine was loud it wouldnt piss me off really, but I am not complaining its quiet thats for sure ;)

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I dont really hate any of them, I'm just an old fart and like things as quiet as possible.

If mine was loud it wouldnt piss me off really, but I am not complaining its quiet thats for sure ;)

I have to ask.
What is your definition of "old fart"?

kevinp

Established Member
It looks like you and I are close in age.
I'll be the dreaded half century mark in 5 years.
It's a secret. Don't tell anybody.

I got a few years on you..

But as stated you are only as young as you feel, my problem is I let these cars get out of hand. This one is already feeling slow lol.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Awesome setup. I'm torn between it and the procharger.... I'll probably end up with the procharger bc of price difference but maaan the roush has a sweet tq curve.

kevinp

Established Member
Awesome setup. I'm torn between it and the procharger.... I'll probably end up with the procharger bc of price difference but maaan the roush has a sweet tq curve.

I like the prochargers, its definitely an easier install and a little cheaper, I would upgrade to a D1SC and stage II if I did a procharger though so it wouldnt be that much cheaper. Not a biog fan of the procharger kit just blocking off the PCV valve either, nor am I big fan of the air filter placement. I raced prochargers for years and getting that intake into some cool, clean air makes a pretty good difference in power.

With an auto car the Roush saves me 1000.00 on a torque converter (if the stock converter holds up anyhow), the stock converter is flashing to 3400rpm and it makes over 6spi there, a P1SC/D1SC procharger wouldnt see that much boost at that RPM. And if I had a stick I'd buy the Roush because they offer a 3/36 warranty if you use their standard tune. Most people would want to step that up after a while but at least you can enjoy a warranty until you get bored with it.

All the forced induction kits have their pros and cons, its an expensive decision and you really cant go wrong with any of them that are out there right now.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I like the prochargers, its definitely an easier install and a little cheaper, I would upgrade to a D1SC and stage II if I did a procharger though so it wouldnt be that much cheaper. Not a biog fan of the procharger kit just blocking off the PCV valve either, nor am I big fan of the air filter placement. I raced prochargers for years and getting that intake into some cool, clean air makes a pretty good difference in power.

With an auto car the Roush saves me 1000.00 on a torque converter (if the stock converter holds up anyhow), the stock converter is flashing to 3400rpm and it makes over 6spi there, a P1SC/D1SC procharger wouldnt see that much boost at that RPM. And if I had a stick I'd buy the Roush because they offer a 3/36 warranty if you use their standard tune. Most people would want to step that up after a while but at least you can enjoy a warranty until you get bored with it.

All the forced induction kits have their pros and cons, its an expensive decision and you really cant go wrong with any of them that are out there right now.

I actually have an auto as well. While the procharger probably wont 60' as well as the roush, Beefcake runs the vortech with a stock stall in his auto and still cuts 1.7 60's and runs 10s. I imagine the roush will make 1st gear useless on the street as well even with DR's. I'm only looking to make 500rwhp and its my daily so I'm leaning towards the Procharger(Especially since my wife doesnt want me getting EITHER so the cheaper is easier in that arena). But like I said earlier... the tq curve of the Roush is very inviting. Neither will happen till fall/winter anyway so I've got some time to think about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers your setup puts out at the track!

kevinp

Established Member
I actually have an auto as well. While the procharger probably wont 60' as well as the roush, Beefcake runs the vortech with a stock stall in his auto and still cuts 1.7 60's and runs 10s. I imagine the roush will make 1st gear useless on the street as well even with DR's. I'm only looking to make 500rwhp and its my daily so I'm leaning towards the Procharger(Especially since my wife doesnt want me getting EITHER so the cheaper is easier in that arena). But like I said earlier... the tq curve of the Roush is very inviting. Neither will happen till fall/winter anyway so I've got some time to think about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers your setup puts out at the track!

Actually with the DRs on it (M/Ts) its hooks surprisingly well out of the hole on the street, the stock 235/50/18s are useless in 1st of course, and sometimes in 2nd as well but nothing the traction control cant handle. I daily drive this car, thats why I'm not wanting to get too crazy with it and I want it to appear as stock as possible. I'm probably going to pick up a pair of the stock looking wheels that are 10" wide and put some wider 555R nittos on it for daily driving since the M/Ts aren't too hot in the rain.

Like I said before I'd be happy with mid-11s in the summer, I'm going to try to make it to Bowling Green next Saturday and get some good air and see what happens. I'm used to driving around much faster cars so its really hard to judge how this one will run. I am having a lot of fun with it, the car feels 2000lbs lighter now, the little 5.0 really tosses it around like nothing. Its also nice to know that I can run low 10s with some headers, gear change, smaller pulley and wheels and tires like VMP's car if I choose to do so.

I would bet the price on all of the blowers drops after a while, sometimes you are better off waiting for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread