Road to 1000whp

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Because 1000whp is the goal and I think it will do it on 17-18lbs.
If you have the fuel side covered and the goal is 1000rwhp you’ll be able to hit it with the 2.65 TVS but I wouldn’t worry much about the boost needed.
And yes it’ll take more than 17#
-J

JE08Stang

Banned
Because there are examples out there of what hp people make on given blowers at given boost levels. You don’t have some magic wand or secret sauce to do what nobody else has done.

EVs are for people that prefer flesh lights over vagene.
Nobody has made 1000whp on 17-18lbs?

JE08Stang

Banned
Not at 17 lbs. Maybe 875-900 whp on corn. Depends on which dyno ur using and what the outside temps were that day.

Its a stick shift so its gonna read much higher than an auto so the numbers will be inflated slightly but a 1000 whp at 17 lbs is gonna be a stretch..... but maybe not being a stick shift as it does have headers as well.

Should give new GT500's a run for their money for sure.
875-900 seems low. I will be using a Dynojet SAE #s

Last edited:

RandomForumGuy

Established Member
I dont think it will make it to 1000. I just did mine and it made 1005wheel with the following

Iron 5.4 block, 8.5:1
Ms109 octane
Stage 2 cams
Whipple 4.0 at 25PSI
All the standard bolt on’s.

Granted E85 may make a little more than ms109, but not with those low boost numbers. If you have a super aggressive cam made for boosted applications you might be able to close the gap a decent amount.

Another benchmark ill throw out there is i made 830wheel on a 2.9 whipple with 21psi on i believe 98octane. It seems like once you get to the 900whp area it becomes an exponential challenge to make power on the 5.4 platforms

Attachments

• IMG_6932.jpeg
    IMG_6932.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

JE08Stang

Banned
I dont think it will make it to 1000. I just did mine and it made 1005wheel with the following

Iron 5.4 block, 8.5:1
Ms109 octane
Stage 2 cams
Whipple 4.0 at 25PSI
All the standard bolt on’s.

Granted E85 may make a little more than ms109, but not with those low boost numbers. If you have a super aggressive cam made for boosted applications you might be able to close the gap a decent amount.

Another benchmark ill throw out there is i made 830wheel on a 2.9 whipple with 21psi on i believe 98octane. It seems like once you get to the 900whp area it becomes an exponential challenge to make power on the 5.4 platforms

I think the 2.65R is a much better blower than the standard 4.0 Whipple.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Nobody has made 1000whp on 17-18lbs?

In theory, you need to make about 500hp NA to make 1000 at 17-18 lbs.

You are not doing that with 10.5:1 and stage 3 Comp Cams.

EVs are for people that prefer flesh lights over vagene.

RandomForumGuy

Established Member
I think the 2.65R is a much better blower than the standard 4.0 Whipple.
In terms of efficiency yes. Lets say it takes 50hp to drive a whipple at 20psi. It would only take 25 to drive a 2.65 at 20psi. Those arent actual number but you get the idea. That is where you will get the bulk benefit. Of course there will be a bit less iat2 temp and perhaps some flow gain but that in terms of hp gained is minimal. However you slice it, i dont think efficiency gains are going to make up for 8psi of boost.

I hope you make 1000 horsepower as i think everyone here does. We are just saying be prepared to make changes and throw more money at it to get it there. I am excited to see the results!

JE08Stang

Banned
In terms of efficiency yes. Lets say it takes 50hp to drive a whipple at 20psi. It would only take 25 to drive a 2.65 at 20psi. Those arent actual number but you get the idea. That is where you will get the bulk benefit. Of course there will be a bit less iat2 temp and perhaps some flow gain but that in terms of hp gained is minimal. However you slice it, i dont think efficiency gains are going to make up for 8psi of boost.

I hope you make 1000 horsepower as i think everyone here does. We are just saying be prepared to make changes and throw more money at it to get it there. I am excited to see the results!
You also only had 8.5:1 and non ported heads.

MG0h3

Established Member
Hahah I knew that’s where you were going.

What’s wrong with people? Like who has the time or desire to make these fake accounts, fake cars, etc.

Maybe this is the stage right before they go trans and eventually hang themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread