Rip :(

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
So, today sucked... me and a friend went to lunch, and on the way home, i lost my Cobra. Basically, i just got off the interstate, got to the intersection to make a left turn at the light. waited for the green light, and got hit by a chevy s-10 in the driver side fender. the guy just didnt stop. he actually hit another truck that was in the inside turning lane, bounced of him, and hit me square on. One of the cops was like "man, i loved the sound of this car and it was always clean". Btw, the driver of the grey S10 was cited. Pics:

1009091426.jpg

1009091427.jpg

1009091519.jpg

1009091519a.jpg

1009091519b.jpg

1009091520a.jpg

1009091523.jpg

1009091523a.jpg

i just spent 120$ on all the tie rod ends 2 days ago, and had it realigned yesterday. Just did my new pulley swap and re-tune at FastLane about 3 weeks ago. my life sucks. :nonono::(:nonono::(

i WILL have another one. soon. looking for a black 04 coupe.

Kenny

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Dang that sucks. Awesome color too. Noob question, so there is no way to recover it?

rich1011

Established Member
By a chevy no less :nonono:

Its tough to deal with at first, but just focus on your new ride. Could be even better.

I got layed off 2 years ago on a friday and on monday my 05 g35 (lowered on 19" staggered rims) got hit by a suv. At least you still have a job.

No injuries?

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
at least you have your health. buy a little clean notch and transfer everything over!!!!

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
thanx guys. no injuries as of yet, but i am kinda sore. just a lil airbag burn on my left arm and a lil spot on my neck from seat belt.

i dunno what imma do with it.. BUT, i do know that i am getting the car back. what i do from there.... i dunno. i have played with the idea of finding a 4-cylinder foxbody with a trunk and do the swap.. my cobra still runs and drives.. i had to turn it off after the wreck. when i went to the towing place, i started it like nothing ever happened. put it in gear and everything.. i really would like to find a black 04 coupe.

as for parts off it... stay tuned. i just gotta wait from insurance to decide what to do.

thanx again guys!

Kenny

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Ah.. just realized how heartless that was... Sorry about your loss man. Make sure (if its paid off) you negotiate with the insurance company on what they will give you for the car. Their first "price" is not set in stone its simply an offer.

Go to them showing what actual low mileage/ clean termi's are selling for, and reason with them on an outcome that gets you more than what they will "book" it at... (like 15-$16k is what they will say)

4 months ago buddy of mine got $23.5k from them after he hydroplaned into a guard rail- low mileage '03-

Work the numbers and pick up a already modded one for $21-$22k :beer:

thanx for the heads up!! mine has low miles.. almost 59k miles. thats a lil under 12k miles a year for a 5 year old car. if u count it as a 6 year old car, it about 9800 miles a year.. i didnt really drive it, and my work is only 5 miles away... plus i have a yamaha R6 that i ride, so my cobra sat in the garage.. :( man this hurts....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
make VERY sure you have all your receipts handy for anything you have done to the car. Anything within the last year you should be able to make them reimburse you for over the blue book value of the car.

If they offer you a settlement DON"T take it, and if they should send you a check DON"T cash it. Do not do either of those things until you are 100% sure you are healthy and there is nothing wrong with your neck or back. They should make an offer for pain and suffering but don't go overboard with that and you should be fine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
RDJ gives some very good advice. Sometimes injuries don't manifest right away. A slight pain in your back/neck could become more major in a week. So be careful. If it were me, I'd get checked out by your doctor. And if there is any indication of physical trauma, get a lawyer. I was involved in an accident about 5 years ago and a slight back pain became more major in less than a week. I ended up having to go for treatments for a month or so. My attorney sued and all of my office visits were paid for by the other insurance company, as well as about $5,000. for pain and suffering. So be wise.

Thankfully you weren't hurt worse. Cars can be replaced.

I was almost t-boned myself just last night. I was just slowing to a stop when suddenly I heard a very loud BANG. An SUV had suddenly swerved into my lane and t-boned the car right in back of me. Both cars had to towed. The car jumped in the car it got hit so hard. THAT was close!

Users who are viewing this thread