Established Member

Attachments

• 9C689750-156F-4CD6-B885-277FDE207DC8.png
    9C689750-156F-4CD6-B885-277FDE207DC8.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 139

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I’m all for racing modded cars against stock cars with big claims, however it’s important to note the big gains some of these “basic” mods do to some of these new cars

Years ago big hp gains with minimal mods was reserved only for Supra’s. Now just about every reacts well to things.
Wait I thought you were all for taking two of the same cars and modding one then racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Wait I thought you were all for taking two of the same cars and modding one then racing.

It was a simple point to illustrate the difference “basic mods” can make, since people were saying the ZL1 wasn’t modded “much”. However here, feeble minds prevail, which is why I’m still having to explain such a basic point to some. :)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Are these the same ZL1 and demon from the other video, where the ZL1 ran him down from behind? :D ...

Not the same ZL1. The one you're referring to is either stock or tune only.

I agree with the, "run what you brung" statement but i don't think someone should get "bragging rights" over beating another car that is stock when their own is modded.

In that same vein, the Demon shouldn't get bragging rights for being faster than supercars and hypercars at drag racing when that's what it is specifically built for, whereas the other cars are not built for drag racing. However, when the Demon comes on the scene like "I was made for this!" and repeatedly gets its ass handed to it left and right, those cars should get bragging rights because they were "made for it", too, by the owners. What we're basically seeing is that Joe Schmoe off the street can build a better drag car than a multi billion dollar corporation. (Hmm... I wonder how all those other cars would fair against a Cobra Jet, though.)

... Not what I would have liked to have seen, but still quicker and faster than anything Ford or GM has ever sold. ...

Anybody know what the new Ford GT puts down in the quarter yet?

Stock 2018 ZL1 vs Modded Escalade.

So now what?

So now line that Escalade up next to a Demon. At this rate, my money would be on the 6,000 lbs Escalade. LOL

2017 ZL1 vs "lesser" version Hellcat.

RIP ZL1 Sales, Congrats Hellcat!

Manual versus new-age automatic. Also, you can clearly see the clutch protection assassinating the Camaro's launch at the starting lights in all those runs. Auto to auto, the Camaro probably would've dusted that Hellcat.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

That theory isn't panning out, so it's time to backpedal into a different theory. Like the best way to determine ZL1 mod effectiveness, is to see if a panda eats with its left or right hand.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
That theory isn't panning out, so it's time to backpedal into a different theory. Like the best way to determine ZL1 mod effectiveness, is to see if a panda eats with its left or right hand.
Actually if you go back and reread you’ll see that my point hasn’t changed since the beginning. You are just incapable of comprehending.

But as the mods have said, please keep this thread on topic.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
A 700WHP Cobra would more than likely beat a Demon. It is a lighter car. To get to 700HP, and then hook takes a lot of modifications.

At the moment no other company is building a factory production drag car that can be titled, insured, and driven on the street. The Demon is the top dog at the moment, and people are going to try and knock it off of its pedestal.

I agree, a car can easily be built to beat the Demon on a consistent basis. That car is a full custom. The Demon is a factory built street and strip car. The argument that a Camaro beat a Demon is worthless. All that is proven is that a modified car, driven by an owner that is used to street racing beat a factory car with an owner that is still learning the car.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Actually if you go back and reread you’ll see that my point hasn’t changed since the beginning. You are just incapable of comprehending.

But as the mods have said, please keep this thread on topic.
Actually, you should stop ducking your thread then and go explain yourself.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Didn’t I already warn you about this?
He doesn’t want to play, so drop it.
Next one to try to derail this gets put in time out. Do you understand me?
If I get one “white knight deal “ it will be extensive.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
A 700WHP Cobra would more than likely beat a Demon. It is a lighter car. To get to 700HP, and then hook takes a lot of modifications.
At the moment no other company is building a factory production drag car that can be titled, insured, and driven on the street. The Demon is the top dog at the moment, and people are going to try and knock it off of its pedestal.
I agree, a car can easily be built to beat the Demon on a consistent basis. That car is a full custom. The Demon is a factory built street and strip car. The argument that a Camaro beat a Demon is worthless. All that is proven is that a modified car, driven by an owner that is used to street racing beat a factory car with an owner that is still learning the car.
I'm thinking the new ZR1 will give the Demon a run for it's money at the strip.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Exactly. Cars coming off the showroom floors are always soft and guys who are willing to sacrifice ride and drive ability are ALWAYS going to start making changes.

The current cars are of a different breed and mods years ago that got a fox to break 13’s now gets these cars gaining 150hp, which is why we can’t have the same “all you need is XYZ to beat that car” argument.

Users who are viewing this thread