RIP Dodge sales, Congrats GM!

72SBC

Established Member

Mods can you edit title? Wasn’t paying attention on my phone, sales not sells lol

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Without any info on the Camaro that video is utterly worthless..... and there is nothing basic about that Camaro. So I think the title is a little silly. Do love the new Camaro tho.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The Camaro is far from stock. It also weighs less. We have no idea about gearing, or if he is hiding a bottle somewhere.

Street racing is the same as street fighting; the rules only apply to those that don't get caught.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72SBC

Established Member
Without any info on the Camaro that video is utterly worthless..... and there is nothing basic about that Camaro. So I think the title is a little silly. Do love the new Camaro tho.

Says in the vid, headers, pulley, intake, e85 with a nitto 555r. Basic bolt on car.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Are these the same ZL1 and demon from the other video, where the ZL1 ran him down from behind? :D

Anyways yeah that ZL1 had E85, exhaust, pulley and tune AFAIK...

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Per his other video:
2017 ZL1:
-Upper pulley 2.30
-Vengeance Racing CAI
-Kooks 2" headers
-E85/meth
-Tuned by Justune

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I’d be embarrassed to be demon driver, Jesus get the car sorted before running that ZL1 again. You have car being billed as the baddest mofo to ever roll off the production line and it’s getting smoked by a camaro. I’d have that demon on a tire, balls out race ecu, c16 in the tank.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well that is pretty impressive then but then again what ppl actually have vs. what they state they have are usually two different scenarios.

Don't know much about the new Camaro as far as mods go but I would think that puts it close to 700 whp. The Demon is probably putting down 720 whp and weighs 300 lbs more so I guess thats not too surprising but impressive nonetheless.

Says in the vid, headers, pulley, intake, e85 with a nitto 555r. Basic bolt on car.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The zl1 might have won regardless....but E85 versus pump 93 is not exactly a fair fight. And it will get worse and worse after each consecutive pull. The demon will pull timing very fast on iat2's while that zl1 is continuing to get near maximum timing until ultra high temps are reached.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Like I said; there is no such thing as a fair street fight, or street race. Just because they say that is all the car has, doesn't mean it's true.

I used to grudge race. In particular, I raced bikes. The frame may or may not have been converted into a stealth nitrous bottle. Others may have been doing similar things.

It's not cheating unless you get caught. In a street race, if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough.

Again, nothing is fair on the street. You call it like you see it.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I’d be embarrassed to be demon driver, Jesus get the car sorted before running that ZL1 again. You have car being billed as the baddest mofo to ever roll off the production line and it’s getting smoked by a camaro. I’d have that demon on a tire, balls out race ecu, c16 in the tank.

Yeah, I'm sure that is the problem many of these Demon owners are running into (i.e. not knowing the car enough, not on higher HP setting, possibly needing a stickier tire...).

From my perspective if you are going to do a race between a modded car, on any level, and a stock one, it's not going to be a fair comparison. Run them stock to stock or run them with similar mods. Otherwise it's a slippery slope.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly. ~ Colonel David Hackworth

I love that quote and have used it here before, words to live by.

Lol, that is definitely an awesome quote. I do indeed remember seeing that quote posted on here before but can't recall which thread I saw it in. Words to live by for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread