Review: 99/01 Cobra & 03/04 Mach1 Accufab 60mm Throttlebody

As always Marek, love your wensite and your picture quality kicks ass. By the way, how much do you pay a month to sustain your website. I've been toying with the idea of doing my own website, as well as having a section for pictures of bathroom stalls that I've photographed across NJ and NY.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
you can find deals all over the internet for web domain and hosting packages.

i pay, cause i have a lot of stuff to host, $120/yr for 2.4GB of hosting FTP space and $8/yr for each domain i own. i can host every site i have on my FTP server.

get domains at www.godaddy.com and hosting space at www.dreamhost.com (they offer a crapload of hosting features and internet coding options.)

marek

Mach0ne351 said:
you can find deals all over the internet for web domain and hosting packages.

i pay, cause i have a lot of stuff to host, $120/yr for 2.4GB of hosting FTP space and $8/yr for each domain i own. i can host every site i have on my FTP server.

get domains at www.godaddy.com and hosting space at www.dreamhost.com (they offer a crapload of hosting features and internet coding options.)

marek

:beer: Thanks brotha. Its not as expensive as I thought it would be. $120 is definitely a good deal. By the way, were all your pics taken by a digital camera? The picture quality is excellent.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You only feel faster cause your wallet is lighter. Throttle bodies do nothing for for n/a motors.

Seriously, it's been proven on dynos over and over.

green99_svt

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
this is why a single blade WONT work....unless some serious cutting and refabrication is done to the upper intake manifold..

accufabTB2.jpg

2 holes.....not 1 (like the 03/04 cobra intake plenum, and 96-98 cobra upper intake).

marek

the 96-98 intake needs to be cut too. and i did say modified intake manifold. plus you have reroute the iac valve ports as they are not in the oval blade.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
So do you need to modify your upper intake for this thing to work?!?! Its faucking sexy...and i just got a nice little bonus check from work :p.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
wals9331 said:
So do you need to modify your upper intake for this thing to work?!?! Its faucking sexy...and i just got a nice little bonus check from work :p.
No this was is a twin bore to match your intake, this piece that Marek is talking about will bolt right up.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
JebTonkin said:
No this was is a twin bore to match your intake, this piece that Marek is talking about will bolt right up.

Damn...now i dont know what to buy....

Whats the stock tb size on our cars again?!?!

Mach0ne351

Established Member
na svt said:
You only feel faster cause your wallet is lighter. Throttle bodies do nothing for for n/a motors.

Seriously, it's been proven on dynos over and over.

i paid by credit, so no bro...im not lighter in any way.......and this part worked for me.

like one of the above posts said...."dynos dont messure throttle response." but also, maybe it doesnt add too much "PEAK" hp and tq, and it might add a good amount of gains in the low to mid range power bands. thought of that???? peak hp sometimes means JACK!

trust me, i would rather have my car jump up 10-20rwhp/tq from 2500-4500rpm, instead of getting it up at my peak rpms....

think of the whole picture, and youll see the purpose of certain mods..

marek

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
i paid by credit, so no bro...im not lighter in any way.......and this part worked for me.

like one of the above posts said...."dynos dont messure throttle response." but also, maybe it doesnt add too much "PEAK" hp and tq, and it might add a good amount of gains in the low to mid range power bands. thought of that???? peak hp sometimes means JACK!

trust me, i would rather have my car jump up 10-20rwhp/tq from 2500-4500rpm, instead of getting it up at my peak rpms....

marek
Do you think it added that much in the midrage? That would be nice.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:

marek

LMAO yep cause all the non-road racers only care about peak numbers, silly us never thinking to look at the whole graph, concerning ourselves only with that small quadrant between 6100 and 6400 rpms...I'm sure you do feel something, and if you're happy with the piece great, as they say you make yer choices and you pays yer money, however until we see a dyno with a t-body on a mildly modded n/a 4v showing massive midrange gains, color me skeptical...

SVECobraR

Established Member
I have two questions: what exactly takes place in the porting of the upper intake, just the two bore hols for the throttle body? And also what is this pcv delete, and what gains do we see from it (not horsepower), do you replace it with a breather?

Users who are viewing this thread