Retune after fuel system installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RusWolf

Established Member
Im not denying it. I've always said wicked is the way they are and the waits are long. but the work is usually worth the headache. Idk wtf i said about lund. he stayed helping me with my blower tune until he straight ran out of ideas. then he offered to take my car in, for free, to fix it. I can't cause its a daily so i was stuck and had to move on. and i did require follow ups from rev. shit the car was sorted out till after i sold it! also, GTFO about not knowing about after service. i change more parts than you will ever know. I've had like 5 tunes on the car. AED was first and i later found out that was dicked up. Did i come on here crying? no. Went to lund and ran his for a while. went to rev during the brief time they offered email tunes and that was legit. i got an x4 and then rev got super busy that they couldn't send me a file of the new hand held. then i got the CJ and really wanted a dyno tune so i went to wicked. so don't come to me acting like you're the only one with issues. Ive built two cars and have dealt with everything under the sun.

You are mixing up crying and speaking up boy.
People should hear reviews that good and bad. Otherwise everyone is an angel.

thegraystang

Established Member
everyone on here already knows the shops, you're the one new to the scene. Wicked has been around for ages. Shaun does have an attitude. blah blah. But they all know their shit. You can't deal with 1000 people and get 1000 5 stars.

RusWolf

Established Member
everyone on here already knows the shops, you're the one new to the scene. Wicked has been around for ages. Shaun does have an attitude. blah blah. But they all know their shit. You can't deal with 1000 people and get 1000 5 stars.

I agree, there is always a percentage of bad eggs. No doubt about it.

thegraystang

Established Member
Screen%20Shot%202016-05-19%20at%201.09.29%20AM_zpso6qaapax.png

just wanted to throw this in there. Wicked works wonders, its just the wait. i will always say the same thing.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Just to update this:
Spoke with Dasan today, we talked. He offered to drive to MD to get tuned by them. I asked for a $100 off his prior given price and Dasan said they cant budge in prices because they are good according to the market.

I asked if they want to rewire they can do so but not charge me as he did confirm it will take a swap of wires.
Again he said they cant do it for free.

Kevin Hand from Wicked is NOT reiable. Rev wants to charge me high prices for a retune after fuel system.

Irritated and not pleased!

The cheapest is obviously going to Rev BUT they would be adjusting their own tune, thats why i think they want too much. Bcuz i paid for the full 93 and E85 tuning a year and a half ago.

Last time i spoke with Dasan was yesterday, he still offered me to come to them since kevin wasn't answering.

Brutal DSG:

Slamming Rev 50/50 at least they tried to resolve. I got no issues with Adam personally.

I didn't realize until this morning that your follow up rant from Tuesday was posted no more than an hour after we had gotten off the phone. I don't feel running to social media should be your 1st reaction to every conversation especially when I am personally making an effort to help you. I cannot control or make someone give you a call or follow up. I have explained this before, We are NOT adjusting your current tune in your car. Adam would be starting with a fresh tune (Based off another file with an identical setup) and spending the time to make sure the pump gas is 100% correct then switching to E85. It takes a solid 4-5 hours (If not longer) including the fuel swap as long as there are no issues and the car is responding to the changes correct. Also we have stopped doing stay and wait appointments for dual fuel tunes just because Adam likes to spend the time un-interrupted to tune these cars and not be rushed. I was definitely still willing to help you the other day because I didn’t realize this thread was still alive or going on and I just wanted to get your car done for you because I am super busy and don’t have time for this to drag out and it has been drug out too long. We are currently booked up until August for tuning and I was willing to find a day to squeeze you in and rearrange the schedule just to get this done. Up until your last post regarding the “slamming 50/50” we were totally willing to still help and re-tune your car but since you are admittedly saying you did slam us (For what I still do not know because we have never wronged you) we are going to decline providing services for you going forward. I am not sure why you have an issue with me either, I took you to your hotel and picked you up when you had the car tuned here. I also kept in communications with you and even when it wasn’t fast enough I always apologized and owned up to not getting back to you quick enough. Your only issue has always been the price (Which I’m sure is still cheaper or the same then any other brick and mortar dyno facility, we are not in the market to price gouge). I have always provided great customer service to you and anyone else I have deal with because I was a customer so I understand what it’s like. Good luck with your car and I'm sorry it had to come to this point. I recommend whoever you decide to use next that you keep your interactions between you and them be it good or bad, not every experience needs to go on the internet.

RusWolf

Established Member
I didn't realize until this morning that your follow up rant from Tuesday was posted no more than an hour after we had gotten off the phone. I don't feel running to social media should be your 1st reaction to every conversation especially when I am personally making an effort to help you. I cannot control or make someone give you a call or follow up. I have explained this before, We are NOT adjusting your current tune in your car. Adam would be starting with a fresh tune (Based off another file with an identical setup) and spending the time to make sure the pump gas is 100% correct then switching to E85. It takes a solid 4-5 hours (If not longer) including the fuel swap as long as there are no issues and the car is responding to the changes correct. Also we have stopped doing stay and wait appointments for dual fuel tunes just because Adam likes to spend the time un-interrupted to tune these cars and not be rushed. I was definitely still willing to help you the other day because I didn’t realize this thread was still alive or going on and I just wanted to get your car done for you because I am super busy and don’t have time for this to drag out and it has been drug out too long. We are currently booked up until August for tuning and I was willing to find a day to squeeze you in and rearrange the schedule just to get this done. Up until your last post regarding the “slamming 50/50” we were totally willing to still help and re-tune your car but since you are admittedly saying you did slam us (For what I still do not know because we have never wronged you) we are going to decline providing services for you going forward. I am not sure why you have an issue with me either, I took you to your hotel and picked you up when you had the car tuned here. I also kept in communications with you and even when it wasn’t fast enough I always apologized and owned up to not getting back to you quick enough. Your only issue has always been the price (Which I’m sure is still cheaper or the same then any other brick and mortar dyno facility, we are not in the market to price gouge). I have always provided great customer service to you and anyone else I have deal with because I was a customer so I understand what it’s like. Good luck with your car and I'm sorry it had to come to this point. I recommend whoever you decide to use next that you keep your interactions between you and them be it good or bad, not every experience needs to go on the internet.

Dasan see my email response please.

Few quick pointers.
1) Absolutely 0 personal issues with you or Adam. I always said you were working with me to resolve this.
2) You never explained that it will be a fresh new tune and NOT adjustment of current tune. It's obvious that for a full new tune and $350 is more than a fair offer. Had you told me that from day 1, this mess would have never happened as my understanding was me coming over for an hour, adam making few switches, few pulls to verify and we are done.
3) 50/50.. That means you are working with me and i never said anything bad about you. Price was the only issue. But ended up as a huge confusion.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member

Damn RusWolf, done ****ed up. I bug the shit out of Dasan and he still writes me back promptly lol! I talk to them about projects that they probably wont see money for 1+ years out in advance, advice, opinions, etc. They knew I was strapped for cash when I first brought the car in, so they were kind enough to let me know what had to be fixed so that I could do it myself. Good shop right there, and if you search around their rates are decently low for the area...

Good luck getting your shit done...

RusWolf

Established Member
Damn RusWolf, done ****ed up. I bug the shit out of Dasan and he still writes me back promptly lol! I talk to them about projects that they probably wont see money for 1+ years out in advance, advice, opinions, etc. They knew I was strapped for cash when I first brought the car in, so they were kind enough to let me know what had to be fixed so that I could do it myself. Good shop right there, and if you search around their rates are decently low for the area...

Good luck getting your shit done...

Hey thanks man. A lot has been said.
As i said i have nothing against Dasan as a person. If i had known before that $350 is for a full new tune and 4-5 hours on a dyno I would not have spoken a word and this mess would not exist. However my assumption was that $350 is going to be me coming in for an hour, then making few quick adjustments and pulls and we are done.
Original post and point was to see if thats a reasonable charge.
Wicked pissed me off yesterday and aed, well showed who he is, once again. After that shitstorm erupted.

As i told dasan, really no issues with him as a person. Some people misinterpret a lot of things and a lot of things get twisted quickly.
It is what it is and whats done is done.

RusWolf

Established Member
OP is the best bridge burner I have ever seen!

-SVTPete

Lol apparently so...in reality however 2 of them don't matter. (W and A) one of the bridges had no business here another one takes months to even respond. Don't really need or care about those so called bridges.

As far as Rev.
Dasan was trying to help and communicated and it turned out to be blown up and misunderstanding. How i view it.
Like I said it is what it is.

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Learn to take a look in the mirror and realize how you're acting.

-SVTPete

RusWolf

Established Member
Learn to take a look in the mirror and realize how you're acting.

-SVTPete

Same goes to few certain tuners, members and people in general.

It turned out how it was supposed to.
Some info was not told before, if it was, this thread would have never existed and i mentioned it to dasan in earlier post.
How it turned out with wicked and aed. I have no regrets whatsoever.
No real reason to discuss this anymore.

And as far as tuning, everything is going to be just fine.

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
2 points...

A) everything is negotiable. vendors are going to bitch when you dont pay what they ask like a sheep, but they will take less and be happy. now there is skill to how you ask for a discount and then there is jewing them down...big difference in the two, no offense to Jews

B) just because a shop has a line of cars to work on doesn't mean it produces quality results. the list of shit hole shops with full bays is endless , because most who consider themselves car people have no idea how to work on a car

....carry on with the shit show

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
2 points...

A) everything is negotiable. vendors are going to bitch when you dont pay what they ask like a sheep, but they will take less and be happy. now there is skill to how you ask for a discount and then there is jewing them down...big difference in the two, no offense to Jews

B) just because a shop has a line of cars to work on doesn't mean it produces quality results. the list of shit hole shops with full bays is endless , because most who consider themselves car people have no idea how to work on a car

....carry on with the shit show

WIN!

/thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread