Retune after fuel system installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RusWolf

Established Member
Hello all,

A little back story:
My tuner is RevAuto.

I installed Sai Li's fuel system few weeks ago and contacted my tuner about the adjusted tune for the car. They sent me one, but the wrench light is still on. Sai informed me that wrench light is due to the harness bypassing stock FDPM module and thats why it's on. Obviously for best results i need contact my tuner and put the car on the dyno to check everything as far as tuning goes.
My tuner asked me if the pumps are ON all the time of if they shut off after getting primed if the car is not started. I said the pumps are on and i was told that they like to rewire them so they shut off after getting primed. My tuner is asking $450 for retune and rewiring of the pumps. And they said it's only about 1 hour of labor so $100.

Questions.

1) Is there any kind of advantage of having the pumps turn off after primed and if the car not started?
2) Does the price of the re-tune sound reasonable being $450 that includes the rewiring? It sound on the high side to me and when i asked Sai he also said it sound a little high for the amount of adjustments needed.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I personally think that it sounds a little high and also I would run the pumps so they prime and not for running all the time that the key is on.

the5

Established Member
It should be just swapping the grey vs Yellow wire tap.

dennisn

Established Member
I haven't seen sai's setup but are you powering the pumps by external relays? If so as before mentioned use the yellow w/grey wire to energize your relays. if that's the only thing needing rewiring does sound a little pricey.

RusWolf

Established Member
Well spoke with RevAuto (thats my tuner).
I request Adam to call me 2 weeks ago. Still no call, emailed them today and got response saying Adam is super busy and they won't budge from $450.
I guess that basically means they are loosing a customer and I won't be recommending them anymore.
450 plus 200 mile drive each way in gas and tolls will equal 600-650 which is a price of a new tune.

I understand not bringing them thousands i am not a high priority, by not taking care of little things thats how you loose few thousands and they lost a customer.

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Running the pumps all the time is not an issue and it takes 2min to change the tune. He is changing a 1 to a 0 and exporting the tune for email.

dennisn

Established Member
That price has got to be with him putting it back on the dyno probably just to make sure all is good.

RusWolf

Established Member
Hey guys this is what revauto sent me. i don't think dasan realized that they tuned me for both 93 and E85. So tuners what's your honest opinion about their pricing?

Here is the email from them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449844690.166426.jpg

the5

Established Member
Hey guys this is what revauto sent me. i don't think dasan realized that they tuned me for both 93 and E85. So tuners what's your honest opinion about their pricing?

Here is the email from them.
View attachment 56305

Taking my car there this week, Depending on your setup you may be able to go with another tuner. I think if you tell them that you already have an E85 tune it should be free.

But they are some of the best out there.

RusWolf

Established Member
Yeah i just told them i got tuned for both fuel by them, and he's basically repeating himself that it need retunes for both fuels which I understand. However he is trying to justify $450 and make it sound as there are A LOT of adjustment to be made and its not a simple process to retune for fuel system.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449847222.715364.jpg

Last edited:

the5

Established Member
Yeah i just told them i got tuned for both fuel by them, and he's basically repeating himself that it need retunes for both fuels which I understand. However he is trying to justify $450 and make it sound as there are A LOT of adjustment to be made and its not a simple process to retune for fuel system.View attachment 56308

Hmm thats odd, Never heard of that one before. Give Shaun at AED a call. He email tuned my 621hp Paxton car, had no issues at all with him. Just wouldnt tune my new motor because of the compression.

the5

Established Member
Your not pushing any more boost are you?

RusWolf

Established Member
Also its funny he's saying that it will possibly take a full day on the dyno?
Last time he started at around 15:30 dyno tuning and finished with gas tune around 17-1800 and in the morning adjusted the tune for E85 and the car was ready around 09:00-10:00.
And that was a NEW tune, now its a retune and they are saying it will what take longer?

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Hmm thats odd, Never heard of that one before. Give Shaun at AED a call. He email tuned my 621hp Paxton car, had no issues at all with him. Just wouldnt tune my new motor because of the compression.
Higher or lower compression? Why was that an issue for him?

Deespeed99

Established Member
Yev if you're going to put up screen shots please put up the entire conversation, you should screen shot the email you sent me asking if the re-tune would be free because you felt you shouldn't have to pay for it. You should also note that you asked to have OUR fuel system and the price was out of your budget and we still offered to tune your car with whatever fuel system you purchased but explained to you we would need to put the car back on the dyno because that is a change that if not done correctly could potentially destroy your motor. Our policy is to charge a flat $300 for anything that goes back on the dyno any tune changes that do NOT require dyno time are free. The additional $150 covers the time it takes to swap fuels and also the additional time on the dyno. We are not going to take the risk of changing your tune for a fuel system change without putting the car back on the dyno especially being a supercharged car. Adam is one of the best tuners in the country and he takes the time to make sure the car is right so if could take 2-3 hours or it could take 8 hours. You also aren't telling people that the car was done by 9am the following morning because Adam came in at 4 or 5am to make sure your car was 100% so you could drive back early in the day.

We're still willing to work with you and since you are saying the travel expenses are the issue Adam has agreed to work with Kevin @ Wicked which is much closer to you to get your car on the dyno up there and work with him remotely so you don't have to pay the tolls or travel expenses.

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
Dasan, i did disclose everything i was saying. I never demanded a free retune after i installed NOT your fuel system. Yes your $2500 or close to $2700 fuel system that included 1) fuel system, 2) installation 3) tuning supposedly "free" if your system was to be purchased, was out of my budget and power goals. But how is this related to my thread asking opinion of others on the current $450 charge for a retune?

Interesting how now you are claiming adam came in at 4-5 am when adam himself told he came in if i remember correctly between 7-8.

And even if i did ask if the retune was free or if there is a charge, whats wrong with that? Some tuners allow little updates and will adjust the tune at no cost. There is a reason why i asked every question i did. Just like i said in the email if you told me the charge is around $300 i would accept it as a fair retune deal. But at 450 i am just not sure.

This thread is not flaming revauto so dont come defensive. I am asking for opinion of other tuners and members on what they think about this price.

Not sure how i am being wrong here asking and researching.
I was happy with adams work and tune and there is a reason why i wanted to be retuned by revauto.

And i praised revauto last year after i got tuned you can find my threads or post from october 2014.
So i have no issues with posting good stuff, bad stuff or in between.

However again, at this time i do not agree with $450 and i have a full right to ask others.

P.S. Yes Kevin from wicked just texted me and informed that he is going to talk to Adam about this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread