Replica Wheels Test Fit (93 Cobra)

buddha93

Established Member
My 275 BFG rubs now on the OEM wheel on the driver side. I managed to peel of several strips of rubber before I massaged the fender lip. I was all set to split a set of stockers and have the widened, but then running tailpipes is out of the question. So here I am, stuck again with the skinny little 7.5" wheel like everyone else.

I guess I'll have to wait and see how you make out Richard....lol!

Venomus93

Established Member
where are the pics of black ones? have any on a cobra? are they still 4 lug and what ios the cost for oem sized black?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Venomus93 said:
where are the pics of black ones? have any on a cobra? are they still 4 lug and what ios the cost for oem sized black?

Black ones are in the thread, somewhere. They are still 4 lug, and they are only available in one size - 17x8.5 with 5.0 offset.

Venomus93

Established Member
5.0 offset? what are the factory offset? I just want another set of Cobra's for my car. My question was-is there pics of the black wheels ON a Fox Cobra?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Venomus93 said:
5.0 offset? what are the factory offset? I just want another set of Cobra's for my car. My question was-is there pics of the black wheels ON a Fox Cobra?

The 5.0 offset means they will stick out 3/4" further than on a regular GT.

Have not seen any pix of the black wheels on a fox cobra.

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Until I get my a/c problems straightened out, I'm on hold on my wheels... :(

AC! you dont need no stink'n AC man! go get those wheels mister! :poke: :-D
nah really whats wrong with your ac...besides the obvious-its blowing warm :bored: :)
hey Rich did you ever look into it some more about shaving off some material from the wheel to increase the back spacing? wonder if it would be possible and beneficial to remove 1/8" or something :shrug:

i think im gonna roll the rear fenders if need be. my car, while its nice and clean and low mileage will never be able to get back to "factory stock" enough to actually be worth top dollar sooo.... :shrug: :burnout:

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Yeah, I'm about ready to pull the trigger, and am considering rolling the lips as well. No biggie, I'm modded pretty heavy, and never plan to sell the car.

I'm hoping a little milled material off the backside, plus a little fender lip roll, and they may just be a nice fit. I hope, anyway.

PJM99

Established Member
I heard a rumor that these wheels are not good quality. Anyone know?

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Yeah, I'm about ready to pull the trigger, and am considering rolling the lips as well. No biggie, I'm modded pretty heavy, and never plan to sell the car.

I'm hoping a little milled material off the backside, plus a little fender lip roll, and they may just be a nice fit. I hope, anyway.

:thumbsup: cool man i hope it all works out. keep us posted if you do pull the trigger.
im gonna try it to but it maybe awhile, ive got too much going on right now. good thing is though i think ill finally be able to get the cobra back into a garage! which is good cause im tired of washing & waxing every weekend :rollseyes

PJM99 said:
I heard a rumor that these wheels are not good quality. Anyone know?

where did you hear this?

Last edited:

PJM99

Established Member
Just some gossip over on corral and stangnet. Plus some guy on ebay selling OEM wheels is making claims the the repro's are junk. I don't know, I have no experience with them.

buddha93

Established Member
PJM99 said:
Just some gossip over on corral and stangnet. Plus some guy on ebay selling OEM wheels is making claims the the repro's are junk. I don't know, I have no experience with them.

Of course he's saying that. The Repros are going to kill the top dollar guys have enjoyed the last few years for OEM Cobra wheels. Why would I give some clown $800 for a used set with rock chips and dings in the caps when I can buy a brand new set for way less.

Venomus93

Established Member
Problem is theres gonna be posers runnin around in Cobra wheels. I hate the clowns who have Gt's and Cobra badges on em bad enough, now theyll have the wheels too.

1993 COBRA #80

These were my thoughts exactly. Jeffo was only looking to line his pockets when he made these wheels. He never intended to make a Cobra specific offset. All he did do was make all our cars less unique by allowing all the posers to dress as a real Cobra. :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread