Replica Wheels Test Fit (93 Cobra)

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Alright guys, here they are. John and I didnt even attempt to mount the front ones because we were are almost positive there is no way they would fit without doing the GT rotor swap.

It is basically going to be up to the person for the rears. For lowered cobras, I would say no way. For cobras with stock ride height I dont know if I would want to take the risk. If I hit a huge bump there would be a problem.

Judge for yourself. Please post comments on what you think.

Oh, yea. John got a silver one(they looked really good) from Jeff (Wheel Replicas) to see if there is a difference between their wheel and the factory wheels. The problem was that my wheels are 13 yrs. old, so there is no way that we could tell if the color would match.

Blake

Rear View (Left-replica 275, Right-factory 245)
10101814wd.jpg

Rear Left Replica
1010183r11lf.jpg

Quad Shock Clearence
1010185r13nc.jpg

Inner Lip Clearence
1010186r13le.jpg

Not sure if the street was level
1010188r14tj.jpg

Factory w/ 245
1010189r16yq.jpg

Repo w/ 275
1010190r18qa.jpg

Side View
10101916pq.jpg

Last edited:

9T3SVT

Established Member
Looks like they aren't going to work on most of our cars. I'm lowered and there is NO way those would fit under that fender lip. Oh well, I just got a new set of OEM wheels on Ebay for $1100 a couple months ago. I guess I'll have to take really good care of them.

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
Great work, They look like they fit the same as my 03 Cobra replicas. I rolled my lips with 275 drag radials and they fit with minor rubbing on large bumps. It won't hurt the tires or the car. Are those chrome or polished? I like and will buy. Thanks!

MY%20COBRA%208%7E0.jpg

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
do they have any pics of the black ones yet???? It would be painful to roll the lip so I'm having my doubts....

PJM99

Established Member
wow, not sure I would want to take the chance. I'm stock height right now but I'm thinking about going lower. No way I'm going to roll the quarters. I'll just have my stock wheels powdercoated.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd personally like to see a shot from the front facing rearward to get a better idea of the look and possible clearence issues.
I find it funny that they're making '93 replicas without the correct offset for you guys. I know the majority of owners will be regular 5.0 guys, but why not an option of the Cobra offset?
And rolling the lip is a good idea for any Fox in my opinion. I wouldn't/didn't do mine myself and suggest taking it to a trustworthy bodyshop (my dad's friend did it for $40 bucks). All lowered and/or raced FOX owners should understand. -J

8urvett

Established Member
For us lowered guys, why not just run an adjustable lower control in the rear? Yeah, the car may have a little rake to it, but it should clear the tire........any thoughts?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Full suspension compression is the issue. With a 275/40/17 tire on there, I'm pretty sure there will be a chance to rub at the top of the fender.

DAMMIT, I want them in the Cobra offset! :(

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
8urvett said:
For us lowered guys, why not just run an adjustable lower control in the rear? Yeah, the car may have a little rake to it, but it should clear the tire........any thoughts?
I see your point, but rolling the fender is a better option. -J

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
With the wider rim just using them for track time should be fine right??? I am ordering some M/T drag radials next week for them. Can we go any bigger than 275/40/17's on the rear with the wider rim?????

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
93deznutsblown said:
With the wider rim just using them for track time should be fine right??? I am ordering some M/T drag radials next week for them. Can we go any bigger than 275/40/17's on the rear with the wider rim?????

I dont see any reason that we you couldn't, if you are not worried about the inner lip rubbing. There was more than enough clearence on the quad shock. Check out the pics.

Blake

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
With the soft spring rates of the stock rear shocks, most Cobra's I've seen practically bottom the rear suspension out on an agressive launch. So much so that the snubber hits, and the car then bounces off the rear, unloading the suspension and spinning.

I'm reasonable sure the rim would NEVER hit, it's always going to be the tire. The fatter the tire, the more chance it will hit, obviously.

With that being said, I'm going to order me a couple for the rear.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread