Replacement Borla Stinger tips?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
So my Borla tips look terrible and even though I polished the hell out of them both by hand and with the powerball they have to go. The chrome is pitting and stained and flaking off in some places. I'd like to get some replacement tips but can't seem to find anything online. If any of you guys have replaced your tips where did you get them at? Thanks in advance for the help!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I've checked their site and they don't have the tips for our catbacks listed anywhere. I called the Tenn. office and was told they are the manufacturing office and I would have to call the Cali office for customer service related questions. When I called the Cali office the phone has just rang off the hook.

astippich

Established Member
I replaced mine with slp tips. They are .5 smaller but look great with the best tip quality I've seen. They will quiet your exhaust down just a little bit.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Well I got ahold of Borla and found they don't sell the tips I would have to purchase the entire pipe connected to the tips, so roughly $400 for the pair. :eek: I asked about my million mile warranty, I'm apparently not eligible for that since I'm not the original purchaser of the catback.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I replaced mine with slp tips. They are .5 smaller but look great with the best tip quality I've seen. They will quiet your exhaust down just a little bit.

I thought about the SLP tips as I really like the way they look, but I'd like to keep the 4" tips if possible. Plus I'm not sure how I feel about tips etched with SLP on my Borla catback? :shrug: Out of curiousity what length were the SLP tips? The Borla tips measure about 14" and they don't have much more room before the pipe bends down.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Can you check w/a exhaust shop and see if they can weld some new ones on!

The local shop that I trust to weld the exhaust carries mostly Magnaflow pieces, at a rather steep price. But the Maggie tips are 18"-22" long and won't fit on my catback without sticking out pretty far. He's going to see what other tips he could get in my size, but in the meantime I was hoping somebody on here had replaced them and could tell me what they used.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'd hack 'em off and put some Bassani or SLP ones on.

They *should* be polished 304 stainless, not chrome.

So if you have the patience you ought to be able to take some 2000, then 3000 grit sandpaper to them and some metal polish/buffing wheel and bring them back to new.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I'd hack 'em off and put some Bassani or SLP ones on.

They *should* be polished 304 stainless, not chrome.

So if you have the patience you ought to be able to take some 2000, then 3000 grit sandpaper to them and some metal polish/buffing wheel and bring them back to new.

I wish they were polished stainless but they're chrome. Even the techs at Borla confirmed it earlier today. I've sanded and polished the rest of my catback to a mirror finish, but these tips are chrome and there's only so much the powerball can do.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I feel your pain. I bought my Borlas used that were on a daily driver and the tips weren't as good as I would have liked, but they were cheap. I tried to polish them towards the rear and scuffed a small spot (not noticeable when installed) so yes they are chrome. Even had a body shop guy with good tools buff them. Helped a little but it's still not great. I'd love to buy some new tips from Borla. I think Borla has some clamp on tips but not the size and shape as the exhaust for these cars.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I feel your pain. I bought my Borlas used that were on a daily driver and the tips weren't as good as I would have liked, but they were cheap. I tried to polish them towards the rear and scuffed a small spot (not noticeable when installed) so yes they are chrome. Even had a body shop guy with good tools buff them. Helped a little but it's still not great. I'd love to buy some new tips from Borla. I think Borla has some clamp on tips but not the size and shape as the exhaust for these cars.

They have a few tips that you can buy, but none that are close to the stinger tips. The closest they have are the 4" rolled tips that are 6" in length.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Can you post a picture of them on the car? The Borla tips are only 14" and I didn't think they 18" Magnaflow's would fit on the Borla catback without sticking out bigtime.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
+1 on the Bassani. The good is its the only other 4" tip out there to properly fill out your rear valence, the bad is they say BASSANI on them, lol. Slash-cut and not rolled, but at least they are 4".

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Summit has some tips that will fit but they're only 6" in length, so they'll be way too short. I called around to a few local exhaust shop and the best I've found so far was a 12" long polished SS tip that was 2.25" IN and 4" OD. They said they can flare the 2.25" IN of the tip to fit the 2.5" piping of my Borla catback. I'll call around to a few more tomorrow but so far that's the closest I've found.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I was going to say Bassani. My Borla tips are in the same condition and it pisses me off. Can't really tell unless you physically look under and see for yourself. I would do Bassani tips if not the Magnaflow tips in the same style as Borla. They are nice and BIG.

Users who are viewing this thread